I want to see, on offense...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
This is a bit odd but not having the advantage of what coaches have seen in practice, if they are willing, I need to see Max Starks at LG. I don't know if Tim Barnes warrants a start or two over Scott Wells but I'm ready for that too. I don't know how many focus on OLine play but from my eyes, I'm disgusted with wells and Williams to this point. I don't think this team needs another overhaul. I'm not going to go crazy with proposed changes. We just need to get the run game going and a bit better with pass pro.

I think we have the cast for the most part. I want to see two changes on the oline and give Pead the fucking ball. Maybe a bit more of Harkey blocking but I don't want to get greedy. That's it on offense for now, along with a bit more creativity for our playmakers in the playcalling. Going back and watching blocking on the DVR though, I'm absolutely disgusted with those two guys, Wells and Williams especially. I'm not normally a finger pointer and jump the gun or anything but any doubters feel free. Check it out, those guys suck. Not Bradford, Richardson, Pead, cook, tavon etc. we have a little problem and depth that could fix it

I know I didn't address the D issues but that's another thread.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm disgusted with Williams but Starks has never been a Guard and imo, it doesn't suit him. He's not good at his position of tackle...why would he be good at OG?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
I'm disgusted with Williams but Starks has never been a Guard and imo, it doesn't suit him. He's not good at his position of tackle...why would he be good at OG?

Others have salvaged careers out of the move, his size and strength spell road grater. Like I said, it needs to be seen in practice. Give him a shot. Not just talking out my ass, I'm thinking the coaches need to see it first. The only problem I see with Starks analyzing his OT play I s his footwork playing on a island. The guy is a brute with size, strength and handwork. It's all there to be able to function in a phone booth at a high level from what I see. Then again, who in the hell am I but that's what I'm thinking.
Lg is a huge problem. At season start I was one of the guys that would have argued we were fine with Williams and Shelley Smith. After further review, Williams is not good at the point of attack and I have less faith in Smith. He really lacks strength. I'd mention Barrett Jones but he's not what we need right this minute until he adds nfl strength in my opinion. We need point of attack muscle. Wells and Williams are not doing it. The guy with the potential physical skills worth a shot IMO is Starks. I want to see someone better replace wells too.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Max Starks is holding on for dear life as an NFLer.

If you want to see what someone has at G, your best wish for success is a young developing guy.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Max Starks is holding on for dear life as an NFLer.

If you want to see what someone has at G, your best wish for success is a young developing guy.

We need help fast and I'm looking for a guy that can be a road grater to spark the rushing attack. I'm all about youth normally but I don't see smith, Williams, jones or Washington blasting big holes anytime this year. At least until they develop more strength. I'm all for another young guy from someone's PS that can move people at the point of attack with authority. Just not seeing it right now, this particular year, while we need major help on our roster

WvuIN02

Starter
Starks is not a guard, no chance. He isnt even really a tackle either.

Look how bad the Steelers OL is. And they let him go.

What's that tell you?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
WvuIN02 said:
Starks is not a guard, no chance. He isnt even really a tackle either.

Look how bad the Steelers OL is. And they let him go.

What's that tell you?

Doesn't tell me anything. Guys like Leonard Davis, Robert gallery any many others couldn't make it in space because of poor footwork outside. Their strength and handwork worked much better inside and salvaged themselves to say the least. Maybe the steelers didn't have the need/insight to try him inside. Man is very strong. Huge guy with good tech and bad footwork. Spells OG to me

Pho Kadat

Rookie
What's up with Barrett Jones? Is he being groomed for center or are they trying to work him out at guard?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Pho Kadat said:
What's up with Barrett Jones? Is he being groomed for center or are they trying to work him out at guard?

He was getting tossed around like a rag doll out there. He may be a long term fit, once he gets fully healthy and a whole lot stronger, but don't expect to see him get any action this year.