I want to raise a question about the Rams future at LOT...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
Snead by now should have learned something about finding good fits in his OL. Snead used some serious Ram team assets to acquire a starting LT with the number 2 overall draft selection. .... Now when Snead reflects on his pass working history in this area.... think Snead will recall his record finding OL starters using the draft? or think maybe I will find a healthy veteran UFA starters by other means?

A brief history of Snead's team drafting abilities in securing good OL'ers since 2012 here with the Rams is not a bright record but may be close to the norm in overall NFL.

But we don't know how much influence Fisher had on some of those bad picks.
Also, if you go by "draft history", we never would have drafted Aaron Donald base on our poor history of drafting DT's. :blah:

And although the LOT draft class may be somewhat week, I don't think at #23 it would be a reach to take one. Williams is a LOT - funny how the Underwear Olympics somehow changed him to a OG. :banghead:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The depth across the Rams O-line along with another edge rusher are the main weakness left on the team IMO. I am not concerned about ML at this point, but I think the Rams will add depth there via the draft.

The starting line is set and very strong on paper, but the depth becomes even more critical because none of the starters are under contract beyond 2 years (that is probably all Whitworth and Sullivan have left in their tanks anyway). With depth being a problem and having all the projected starters on short term contracts it becomes a necessity to bring in at least two to four developmental linemen via the draft. If they end up missing out on some of their targeted linemen in the draft, then they can always fall back and supplement their depth by resigning guys like Lucas and Williams depending how the draft haul works out. I am not really in favor of drafting an offensive lineman high unless he is by far the best player on the board at 23.

The Rams should not (probably will not) reach for an offensive lineman at 23 when there will be so many good players at other positions sitting there. With O-line quality being considered below average for this draft, then the probability of the Rams having a lineman sitting there as the BPA at 23 is not high IMO.

The Rams stockpile drafting offensive lineman in the sixth round along with stockpiling UDFA's seems like a much stronger possibility to me. Undrafted gems can be found especially on the interior, however the odds of finding a starting caliber left tackle in the later rounds or as an undrafted free agent is really low.