I want Mariota what will it take?/Announces he will enter draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Assuming Winston is the 1st pick and Mariota falls to the jags what would we have to give up to get him? An RG3 type deal? If we can fix the Oline in free agency resigning barkesdale and getting a center and guard (lots of quality guys this year) I,m starting to think I'd give up a first this year and next or possibly our 1st second and 3rd this year. Dude is Russel Wilson 5 inches taller and more talented. Our defense is there and only getting better with experience. We've got the skill positions loaded with talent just fix the Oline and do whatever we got to do to get Mariota and I think were playoff bound. Get Shannahan in here he will know how to use him and watch this team dominate!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't give up 3 first but I'd damn sure make that call and try. Haha need picks and don't need a QB they might take a lesser deal you never know. I think they would

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This team is also a he'll of lot closer than the redskins were when they made the rg3 trade. It wouldn't hurt us as bad as it did them.

A55VA6

Legend
Les Snead seems to think trading up is a real possibility, but I doubt it'd be for the 1st pick. Would cost probably too much.

Athos

Legend
Gimme Cardale Jones....

And give him a year or two on the bench.

Mariota will go too high.

FRO

Legend
The team may be close. Heck the Redskins went to the playoffs RGIII's first year. They have sucked since because RGIII was figured out and hasn't adapted to the NFL game and going 2 years without a first round pick has robbed the redskins of roster depth needed to maintain a competitive roster. Mortgaging the future didn't work for the Vikings with Walker, the Saints with Williams, or the Redskins with RGIII. It will never work.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I look at Tennessee as being in a similar situation to the Rams in '12. I think they like Mettenberger enough that they won't take whoever falls to #2; and they auction the pick off. Then we'll see who wants the QB more out of the Jets, the Rams and maybe the Bears.
In the end, i thinks the Jets trade up to #2.

FRO

Legend
Gawd yes. But the fool probably won't declare.
I'm not so sure. He isn't guaranteed to start next year. A weak QB class artificially pushes him up. If osu wins tonight his stock will be pretty high.

Athos

Legend
That pump fake by Jones. hah.

TD. Man, I want this kid. Now. Someone please tell him to come out.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Gawd yes. But the fool probably won't declare.

I'm really liking Cardale, he looks damn good, but I don't see him going high if he comes out because he has no real game experience. You'd ideally want your QBs to at least have so many college games down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You spend a 3rd on him?

2nd if you had to?

Yes...to both questions.

I'm really liking Cardale, he looks damn good, but I don't see him going high if he comes out because he has no real game experience. You'd ideally want your QBs to at least have so many college games down.

He'll go Day 2 at worst.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe. I hope so, because then he'd come out. I'd love to draft him.

Seriously. Wouldn't shock me if he went Round 1. Keep in mind, this kid has Cam Newton/Daunte Culpepper esque physical skills. And while the experience is a negative, it's also a positive. NFL teams will like that he's a blank slate they can develop. Not many bad habits reinforced in a college offense.

Plus, the lack of experience means that he hasn't proven he can't progress as a starter...and that he hasn't proven he can progress. If he proved the former, he'd be a 4th to 6th round pick. If he proved the latter, he'd be a top 5 pick.

I'd take a chance on this kid where I could get him. Freak of nature.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nothing. He might even be on the board at #10. Jones is the guy I want. He's looking like Cam Newton out there.