I thought _______ would be a huge star!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I had really high hopes for Alex Barron - thought that with a bit of coaching that he was the heir to OP's throne at LT.

sostl

Starter
Fendi Onobun

thought we had found a gem
angry-panda-4-o.gif

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Jimmy Kennedy for me. What a disappointment! Too many injury issues to ever get it together. Maybe a bit of a motivation problem as well!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Keenan Allen. Wanted him in horns while a bunch of people clowned him on his knee. I knew he was going to kick ass.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have to go back to the NFL Draft of 1995 and when the Rams were on the clock with the 38th pick (2nd Round) just before they announced the pick I was yelling (in my own house, but I had guests) "Zach Wiegert, Nebraska" And then the commissioner announced that the Rams had indeed selected Wiegert. It was a family function I was hosting and my father, grand-father, uncles and brother-in-law just looked at me in amazement. I then informed them the Rams were set at Guard for the next 15 years...I was wrong!

So when the youngsters of today post or converse about who their team should draft I tell them the Zach Wiegert story and inform them to remember the guys you were wrong about too.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Steve McLaughlin. I swear he was going to be worth a 3rd round pick and had Sebastian Janikowski good.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not a Rams player but Mark Ingram.

I still look at his tape and wonder what the heck happened. He was a beast.

I'm wondering if part of his problem is that he just went to a team that refuses to emphasize or stick with the run. I too thought he'd make more of an impact, but it hasn't happened. Then again, there are so many coaches out there that are so quick to give up on the run and go all pass happy, and the Fishers, Carrols, and Harbaughs of the world are a rare breed in the league these days. Maybe Ingram would have better numbers if he was on a true running team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm going to break the rules and flip this into a "who I thought would suck" response ...

Isaac Bruce.

I had never heard of him when he was drafted. Moreover, he was drafted by Chuck Knox, a coach for whom I had absolutely zero faith in his ability to evaluate wide receivers (look how he let Ellard walk too early). I will still contend that Knox had no clue as to what he was doing, but this was a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut, and in this case, the nut was a HOF-worthy receiver. Needless to say, glad I was wrong about the pick.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I have to go back to the NFL Draft of 1995 and when the Rams were on the clock with the 38th pick (2nd Round) just before they announced the pick I was yelling (in my own house, but I had guests) "Zach Wiegert, Nebraska" And then the commissioner announced that the Rams had indeed selected Wiegert. It was a family function I was hosting and my father, grand-father, uncles and brother-in-law just looked at me in amazement. I then informed them the Rams were set at Guard for the next 15 years...I was wrong!

So when the youngsters of today post or converse about who their team should draft I tell them the Zach Wiegert story and inform them to remember the guys you were wrong about too.

Man! Me too about Wiegert - I was thinking he was the next Dennis Harrah. Very disappointing!

Den, do you remember Mark Setterstrom? He was a 7th rounder out of Minnesota who worked his way into the starting lineup. Steven Jackson loved running behind the guy, but he kept injuring his knee. He was our best guard for a brief time - too bad
upload_2014-7-14_20-55-50.jpeg

PaRam24

UDFA
How about Donnie freakin Avery? We could of had Desean Jackson. Hopes were real high for Donnie.
I'm with you on this one, even went as far as to buy a throwback Donnie Avery blue/yellow jersey. Obviously I regret that decision haha

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not drafted by us, hell he was even pretty successful before us, but I thought Dante Hall would be a stud on a team that needed a solid return game for years. Guy had so much highlights it was hard not to, but he just came here to stink as bad as the rest who came before him.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Being a huge UCLA fan......Gaston Green. 450 rushing yards and 9 receptions later (in 3 years) he was gone. I was so bummed...it's what started my believing that UCLA RBs were soft and not cut out for the NFL...so I am bummed now about Franklin's forced retirement after a year in the NFL.

Cook, after all the hype of pre season and game 1 I thought he was going to be a game changer and Fisher was a genius. Unfortunately games 2-16 happened.