I think we're gonna miss Kendricks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's been pretty valuable in the run game, and has accounted for 3 TDs in the passing game. If he has to have a cast on that hand for very long, then we're down to Harkey and McNeil. And while they're both fairly good blockers (edge to Harkey), I don't see either commanding as much attention in the passing game.

Tough loss.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Is Lutzenkirchen still available? I thought he showed some positive things when he was here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Lutzenkirchen still available? I thought he showed some positive things when he was here.

Manumaleuna
Guidugli
Hoomanawanui (pissed I taught myself how to say his name correctly)
Klopfenstein
Lutzenkirchen

I hope they sign a TE named Smith or Jones in the near future.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sign a FB/TE hybrid to block for Stacy, move Harkey to Kendricks' spot.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Enter @Memphis Ram with his "Sign John 'The Terminator' Connor!" petition. :heh:

Wouldn't hurt. I've noticed a difference in the O's performance since Harkey started lining up in the backfield as a FB. It helps the team greatly to have a blocker like him helping form holes for the RB.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's been pretty valuable in the run game, and has accounted for 3 TDs in the passing game. If he has to have a cast on that hand for very long, then we're down to Harkey and McNeil. And while they're both fairly good blockers (edge to Harkey), I don't see either commanding as much attention in the passing game.

Tough loss.
Yeah Kendricks has become a solid part of the offense, hope he isn't out for long.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Harkey quite a bit, I wouldnt sign anyone. Move Harkey into Kendricks rotation, if he knows it all well enough....and or expect Cook to earn his check.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah Cook:rolleyes: talk about a guy whose stock has dropped for me:sad:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Looks like we're gonna see more of Cook, which is a good thing. Clemens was finding him lately anyways, so this might be a blessing in disguise. I mean we'll definitely miss Kendricks and I'm not happy he'll be gone, but Cook getting out of whatever doghouse/funk he's in would be a godsend for these Rams.

…..

Legend
Looks like we're gonna see more of Cook, which is a good thing. Clemens was finding him lately anyways, so this might be a blessing in disguise. I mean we'll definitely miss Kendricks and I'm not happy he'll be gone, but Cook getting out of whatever doghouse/funk he's in would be a godsend for these Rams.

Agreed....

nighttrain

Legend

Tough loss.
can you add "a whole damn bunch"
bummer losing our QB and now Kendricks
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Is Jared Cook hurt? In OP it says down to Corey Harkey and Mike McNeill.

I'm not really liking his effort overall but he's still talented and you never know when he decides to play.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yep, agree totally. I will give Cook credit for his effort in the blocking game last week, much better. The things that is frustrating with him is you can see the physcial gifts for sure. But, blocking is about the feet, getting yourself into position as much as anything. Before he was reaching to block his guy, last week he got his body into position.
One thing I noticed about Cook is his speed tends to ramp up, he is not super explosive or a first step guy. He is not fast off the line in other words, which is fine, guys run in different ways. But, I think thta explains part of his struggles in blocking. It seems he is getting some of that figured out.
So, can either be negative or look forward to him becoming a force at TE.....lets go positive?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Kendricks is by no means a great TE, but he is one of our steadiest players. He has more positive than negative plays and he will be missed. Just hope he comes back after the bye.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Kendricks is by no means a great TE, but he is one of our steadiest players. He has more positive than negative plays and he will be missed. Just hope he comes back after the bye.

Kendricks and Cook had identical seasons last year. I'd take Kendricks over Cook any day. I'm not big on Cook @ 35 million

Kendrick - 42/64, 519 Yards, 4 TD.
Cook - 44/72, 523 Yards, 4 TD.

Last edited by a moderator: