I think that the Eagles and Rams are similar in many respects...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Think about it.

Both have excellent FO’s that can evaluate talent.

Both are extremely well coached.

Both have young QB’s with bright futures.

Both are well balanced in all 3 phases.

Both have a handful of elite players in their prime.

Both teams should be a force in the near future.

TBH, I give Pederson a slight edge because of his aggressiveness. Then again, McVay is very smart and is quick to pick up on things he sees. IOW, don’t be surprised if we see more aggressiveness in playcalling from McVay this year.

One last thing. The Eagle win wasn’t a big surprise to me. Honestly, I’ve felt for some time that the NFC has been the stronger conference at the top. For example, I posted over a month ago that any of 6 different NFC teams could become the SB participant. And I will admit that the Eagles would have been my least likely because of Wentz injury. The road to the SB in the NFC has become beastly. I think that that makes it tougher for the AFC.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see how the Rams respond next year when no one will be overlooking them. I think the Eagles are built for success for at least a few years.
It should be interesting

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
My brother is a Philly fan, obviously happy today. He says Rams will be their fiercest rival next few years. Fully agree and though I hate to admit it, the Whiners will be there as well.

TexasRam

Legend
The eagles are just a little more
Talented overall.

First their Oline is better in my opinion. 4 Pro Bowlers. We have 2 Pro bowl level players and maybe a third in Sullivan. When Foles looks like an MVP that means your Oline is great.

The defensive backfields are of the same Caliber. Solid players all around even at the nickel and dime CB’s, at least last year.

Cox and Donald in the middle.

The two best young QB’s at the helm, who both take care of the ball.

The eagles WR/TE options have the edge but Gurley is more versatile then their two headed monster.

The eagles have some edge guys that can get pressure with Graham and long. We do to.

Pederson and Mcvay are cutting edge. Wade and Schwartz are solid and highly succesful at what they do.

I’ll take our kickers and returner over theirs.

Having said all that, much will
Change this offseason.

Name
Hannibal Ram
The biggest difference is depth of talent. The Eagles lost an All-Pro left tackle and quarterback to injury during the season and still won the Super Bowl.........This years Rams would not have been able to overcome the same injuries. This roster is young and talented and I am excited to see how McVay and Snead continue to build it. The future is bright!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Eagles may have the edge, Team wise, in Depth but the Rams have the edge in Talent!! JMHO!

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Here's one element to compare between the two teams

Eagles vs Rams subject pending UFA's

Five Eagles starters UFA with approx. Eagles Team Cap Space Negative - ($9,279,940) in the RED

Six Ram starters UFA's with approx Team Cap Space: Positive $40 million for 2018 in the BLACK

Good point. I think the Rams are much better off salary cap-wise. The Rams will have to figure out how to pay Donald and Gurley next year. The Eagles don't have upcoming FAs like that to worry about, but it's sure a nice problem to have.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Eagles may have the edge, Team wise, in Depth but the Rams have the edge in Talent!! JMHO!

Well, if we both take off our “homer hats”, Dave, I think we have to give the Eagles at least a slight edge.

I mean, they DID just win the SB with their backup QB against the vaunted Patriots. Lol.

But fear not. We ain’t all that far behind in my humble opinion.

Besides, I expect that significant Ram improvements will be made again this offseason. After seeing last season’s improvements, that prospect excites the heck outta me.

Ram65

Legend
The biggest difference is depth of talent. The Eagles lost an All-Pro left tackle and quarterback to injury during the season and still won the Super Bowl.........This years Rams would not have been able to overcome the same injuries. This roster is young and talented and I am excited to see how McVay and Snead continue to build it. The future is bright!

Eagle had mad depth all around. Lost their middle LBer and Sproles too.

Their offensive line gives them a big advantage which allows those big backs to wear down the defenses. They had great depth on the D Line where the Rams are thin. Pederson is so underrated. He has that go for mentality. He extends drive by going for it on fourth down as he did against the Rams.

The Eagles just drafted two CBs early in the draft in 2017 while the Rams have questions on free agents and Webster's injury recovery. We really have to wait to see how the Rams settle the defensive free agent signings/replacements. I'm not high on the Rams pass rush as of now either. They need to get much better putting pressure on QBs. To me the Eagles are setup much better for next year with less question marks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, if we both take off our “homer hats”, Dave, I think we have to give the Eagles at least a slight edge.

I mean, they DID just win the SB with their backup QB against the vaunted Patriots. Lol.

But fear not. We ain’t all that far behind in my humble opinion.

Besides, I expect that significant Ram improvements will be made again this offseason. After seeing last season’s improvements, that prospect excites the heck outta me.
Well, OK! But I never take Off my Homer Hat!!

Me71.jpg
:LOL:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Will give the Iggles a notch above for coaching at the movement (subject to change down the road, especially once McVay can play call a balanced offense)

They also have depth in their roster obviously, guys that can step up and play including QB; watching the Whiners game on Week 17 clearly shows we need to shore up talent in the backups dept

Our cap situation though is favorable and will give us the advantage of re-signing our top-notch talent; Iggles will have to have a good draft(s) to maintain the quality of that roster