I think Sam Bradford's loss...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
... had a much larger emotional impact on this team and it's players than Jeff Fisher let on. I don't think the team is over it, and this might explain the performance we witnessed on Sunday. If I'm right, question then becomes if they can pull themselves out of the depressive tailspin. As witnessed by some sentiments relayed in threads here on the forum, it's no easy task.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Possible. He's the unquestioned offensive leader. The defense can stand to lose a vocal leader - they have quite a few guys who can step up. But who leads the offense with Bradford sidelined?

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I brought this very thing up in another thread wasn't very well received. I believe it is a huge blow too any team to lose their starting QB. On many different levels. And it has affected our team.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Nobody wants to lose the starting QB but at the end of the day these guys are playing for themselves and their own careers.

Bradford had nothing to do with players missing blocks, tackles, catches, throws or coaches with no plan or continuity on offense. Each of them needs to look in the mirror and be accountable.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't think so, I think Sam was a huge loss, but that wasn't a lost our guy bad game. That was a the coach left for the whole day, we all sat at home and drank whiskey and ate beer nuts and rushed to the stadium when we saw it was game time game. I don't think Bradford saves us, he'd just be suffering through more of the same shit that hampered him since he got here. Team was amazingly unprepared.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nobody wants to lose the starting QB but at the end of the day these guys are playing for themselves and their own careers.

Bradford had nothing to do with players missing blocks, tackles, catches, throws or coaches with no plan or continuity on offense. Each of them needs to look in the mirror and be accountable.
True, but their still human, and very young ones who are probably still quite impressionable.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
... had a much larger emotional impact on this team and it's players than Jeff Fisher let on. I don't think the team is over it, and this might explain the performance we witnessed on Sunday. If I'm right, question then becomes if they can pull themselves out of the depressive tailspin. As witnessed by some sentiments relayed in threads here on the forum, it's no easy task.
emotional some, but effectiveness yes. On-field decisions and throws, missed a great deal.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think it was a demotivator. I do think there's a very real possibility that NOW they're susceptible to becoming deflated once the realization sets in that the QB situation is shaky.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think losing Bradford had an effect for sure, but you have to be able to bounce back like Carolina did yesterday

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I also think with so many young guys they may not understand the mental preparation it takes to compete at this level every Sunday. You wonder if some of these guys think being at home and in front of their crowd was going to be a win. I know I'm making this too simple, but I wonder what some of these guys do to get mentally prepared to perform on Sundays. Given the struggles this franchise has seen over the past decade cannot be good for the psyche of team struggling to win.

V3

Hall of Fame
The Texans never could pull themselves out of the tailspin once they saw how bad their QB and coaching situation was.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think losing Bradford had an effect for sure, but you have to be able to bounce back like Carolina did yesterday
I think that's a good comparison. It's tough to identify what the real problems are at this point and it's aggravating that I feel like I did when Spagnuolo was here. Really thought this regime was doing things the right way to solidify this team. Not to win it all but to just stabilize things.

Getting embarrassed by a relatively average team with QB issues of it's own puts a real damper on a lot of things for me. Losing Bradford and seeing the way the offense didn't produce only punctuates just how valuable he was to the success of this year's team(to me).

reggae

How about preseason injuries again prevented Fisher from fielding a team ready for the season. It wasn't just Bradford. JLong was not ready to start the season either.JT wasn't in. I'm conflicted as to whether I believe Fisher can get his teams ready in time.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Texans never could pull themselves out of the tailspin once they saw how bad their QB and coaching situation was.
There QB is now 1 play away from being our starting QB.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Could be, it can be hard when a guy who's a leader goes down. I don't know if it had that much of an impact though.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't think it was a demotivator. I do think there's a very real possibility that NOW they're susceptible to becoming deflated once the realization sets in that the QB situation is shaky.

"Shaky", yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Or how about "precarious", I like that one as well. :censored:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

This.

It can't be very motivating to watch your backups manage all of 6 points after watching Sam look very good in training camp and preseason.
I would add for the defense it's kind of like a pitcher that is pitching a shut out but his team can't score any runs either. At some point you try so hard to be perfect because you know you have to that you give up the 2 run homer. For a defense if you start to feel like your offense isn't going to score eventually you give up a big play (or two) trying to be perfect.

This week the O line, QB, everyone needs to step up big time, put some damn points on the board and take some pressure off the defense to just go play and have fun.