I think I know who I want to see the Rams draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As much as I like the big hit , it's becoming more important to play the ball bk you just get hit with penalty yards.
They are ruining this game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why use a top ten pick on a guy who plays a part time position? Barr is good but he won't be on the field enough, unless you want to groom him to take Laurinitis job.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Why use a top ten pick on a guy who plays a part time position? Barr is good but he won't be on the field enough, unless you want to groom him to take Laurinitis job.

he's a OLB, JL is a MLB. he would replace Jo-lonn not JL.

11/11/2013 - TOP 10 SCARIEST PLAYERS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL: 1. Anthony Barr, UCLA, LB: The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder has been terrorizing offenses ever since he flipped to defense in 2012. This fall, Barr -- a guy some NFL draft analysts project as a top-five pick -- has 13 TFLs, six sacks and four forced fumbles in seven games. - Bruce Feldman, CBSSports.com

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
he's a OLB, JL is a MLB. he would replace Jo-lonn not JL.

11/11/2013 - TOP 10 SCARIEST PLAYERS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL: 1. Anthony Barr, UCLA, LB: The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder has been terrorizing offenses ever since he flipped to defense in 2012. This fall, Barr -- a guy some NFL draft analysts project as a top-five pick -- has 13 TFLs, six sacks and four forced fumbles in seven games. - Bruce Feldman, CBSSports.com

Barr's a great prospect, but I'd rather not spend a high first round pick on a two-down linebacker (because are you going to replace Laurinaitis or Ogletree on the field on obvious passing downs?), especially when you can get them much later in the draft. In addition, I personally believe that Barr fits a 3-4 much more than a 4-3. I don't think that he has the same scheme flexibility that Von Miller had when he was coming out of college. Again, Barr is a great prospect, but I'll have to pass for those reasons.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Barr's a great prospect, but I'd rather not spend a high first round pick on a two-down linebacker (because are you going to replace Laurinaitis or Ogletree on the field on obvious passing downs?), especially when you can get them much later in the draft. In addition, I personally believe that Barr fits a 3-4 much more than a 4-3. I don't think that he has the same scheme flexibility that Von Miller had when he was coming out of college. Again, Barr is a great prospect, but I'll have to pass for those reasons.

those are great, valid points. this is why IMO I think it would work out. Barr was a RB his whole football career since back in high school and made the adjustment to LB and is now a top 5 prospect, that's how good at adjusting he is. So with him adjusting to the 4-3 I don't think he will have a issue. When dropping back in coverage, Barr has fluid hips and a ton of awareness. He uses his long arms to get into passing lanes and closes on the ball in a hurry. He has the quickness to keep up with most tight ends, and did a solid job against Zach Ertz of Stanford last season.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm really curious to see what they do with that DC pick. I think it can end up being a top 5 selection, and thus, worth it's weight in gold. I wouldn't be surprised to see them auction that off to the highest bidder...Cleveland comes to mind.

Personally I still like Matthews with the pick. He'd be a monster at RT...don't think it will happen though.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm really curious to see what they do with that DC pick. I think it can end up being a top 5 selection, and thus, worth it's weight in gold. I wouldn't be surprised to see them auction that off to the highest bidder...Cleveland comes to mind.

Personally I still like Matthews with the pick. He'd be a monster at RT...don't think it will happen though.

I wouldn't mind the Matthews pick at all if it happened, he would be a monster at RT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
those are great, valid points. this is why IMO I think it would work out. Barr was a RB his whole football career since back in high school and made the adjustment to LB and is now a top 5 prospect, that's how good at adjusting he is. So with him adjusting to the 4-3 I don't think he will have a issue. When dropping back in coverage, Barr has fluid hips and a ton of awareness. He uses his long arms to get into passing lanes and closes on the ball in a hurry. He has the quickness to keep up with most tight ends, and did a solid job against Zach Ertz of Stanford last season.

I fall in close to what Memento has said...Rams with Fisher run more defenses plays in the Nickels (425) with just two Lb'ers than they run in the base 434. Fisher also plays a heavy Dime (416) with only one Lb'er. Ogletree & JL are the main Lb'ers who would Barr replace? Barr's talent seems to be more run stopping and rushing the passer from the LB'ing position. He is listed as the best 34 & 43 outside Lb'er. The Ram front 7 (DE/DT/LB) are very strong in addition with an excellent cadre of reserves waiting to be the next man up!

Fisher has three rookie young UDFA OSLB'ers who have the look of as a great find with a good future in Ray Ray Armstrong, Darin Bates & Phillip Steward all under contract for 3 seasons @ a great value cap friendly price! Barr would not be cap friendly. I think 34 defense teams will find Barr much more interesting than the 43 teams.

If Snead & Fisher want to get into the playoff picture in 2014 they will need to improve in one area of this defense. The bonified issues that this 2013 defense has experienced this season has been in the secondary! This is the area that needs to get a serious injection of new quality of talent to replace DB vets like Finnegan, Stewart & Giordano. If for some reason Snead has desires to find some future cap space and cut lets say JL then a young ISLB'er would be a smart selection but Barr does not fall into that category. Ogletree was a ISLB'er in College but he is no bonified MLB either. Now UFA Jo Lunn Dunbar could be a decent MLB'er in Fishers defense but they must sign him to a new contract.

I would think that Pittsburgh & Baltimore who would draft close behind us would greatly desire your favorite LB'er Barr they may want to deal up with Snead to get him.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I fall in close to what Memento has said...Rams with Fisher run more defenses plays in the Nickels (425) with just two Lb'ers than they run in the base 434. Fisher also plays a heavy Dime (416) with only one Lb'er. Ogletree & JL are the main Lb'ers who would Barr replace? Barr's talent seems to be more run stopping and rushing the passer from the LB'ing position. He is listed as the best 34 & 43 outside Lb'er. The Ram front 7 (DE/DT/LB) are very strong in addition with an excellent cadre of reserves waiting to be the next man up!

Fisher has three rookie young UDFA OSLB'ers who have the look of as a great find with a good future in Ray Ray Armstrong, Darin Bates & Phillip Steward all under contract for 3 seasons @ a great value cap friendly price! Barr would not be cap friendly. I think 34 defense teams will find Barr much more interesting than the 43 teams.

If Snead & Fisher want to get into the playoff picture in 2014 they will need to improve in one area of this defense. The bonified issues that this 2013 defense has experienced this season has been in the secondary! This is the area that needs to get a serious injection of new quality of talent to replace DB vets like Finnegan, Stewart & Giordano. If for some reason Snead has desires to find some future cap space and cut lets say JL then a young ISLB'er would be a smart selection but Barr does not fall into that category. Ogletree was a ISLB'er in College but he is no bonified MLB either. Now UFA Jo Lunn Dunbar could be a decent MLB'er in Fishers defense but they must sign him to a new contract.

I would think that Pittsburgh & Baltimore who would draft close behind us would greatly desire your favorite LB'er Barr they may want to deal up with Snead to get him.

yea you guys are right, it wouldn't be in our best interest with such a high pick. I'd just hate to see him become one of the best LB's in the league and we had a chance to grab him lol. LB is not the main thing that needs to be addressed this year. we need some OL, S and CB.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Loving watching the Redskins keep sinking. I'm currently routing for all the other teams that have a worse record than them winning out the rest of the season! lol Imagine the top 3 pick?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Loving watching the Redskins keep sinking. I'm currently routing for all the other teams that have a worse record than them winning out the rest of the season! lol Imagine the top 3 pick?

I agree.

Im going to be routing for the Rams first, but will also be routing for the Jags, Texans, Falcons, Buc's and Vikings. And of course will be routing for whoever the Skins are playing(though i won't be routing for the whiners, but i will be hoping for a Skins loss).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
yea you guys are right, it wouldn't be in our best interest with such a high pick. I'd just hate to see him become one of the best LB's in the league and we had a chance to grab him lol. LB is not the main thing that needs to be addressed this year. we need some OL, S and CB.

You must see a bunch of him out there in the far west where I was born...Barr has the look of being a bigger meaner Von Miller/ Denver to me..he does seem to be a rising up coming talent. I would trade out myself get more picks if possible.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree.

Im going to be routing for the Rams first, but will also be routing for the Jags, Texans, Falcons, Buc's and Vikings. And of course will be routing for whoever the Skins are playing(though i won't be routing for the whiners, but i will be hoping for a Skins loss).

Hey Tron...On Sundays the deadskins cause me to root hard for any team playing them every Sunday. The Jags & Bucs have been playing much better football this pass month and could get several more wins in the 4 to 5 range yet. The Vikings have A.Peterson never know when he may put the Vikings on his shoulders again & carry them to 2 to 3 more wins. We saw Atlanta match one of the sure fire playoff teams well into the 4th qrt last night so they could also get several more wins....guess I leading to the fact the deadskins could be as high as a #2 pick in the 2014 draft....Snead would be going bonkers!!!!:roflmao: just thinking of trading that second pick for one of those needy QB teams slobbing over the three top ones!!!!!!:bigup:

Last edited by a moderator:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
You must see a bunch of him out there in the far west where I was born...Barr has the look of being a bigger meaner Von Miller/ Denver to me..he does seem to be a rising up coming talent. I would trade out myself get more picks if possible.

Yea hes a big deal around here with UCLA fans, SC fans not so much lol :heh:

I agree with the comparison, if his play transitions to the nfl... man hes going to be a monster. I just hope he doesn't go to a rival :sad:

I wouldn't mind trading too, I'm digging having multiple 1st rounders

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I agree.

haha Man I debated for a while but after much debate I will not cheer on the Whiners, there is no bones in my body that could do that, however like you said I would like a Deadskin loss! Hey the Whiners might get a win but we can potentially get a wayyyy better prospect from the Skins pick! I'm licking my chops this year at the draft even though I haven't done much research on any players just yet.... I don't usually until our season looks completely screwed! lol Me and you last year gave eachother a lot of feedback and info have aout the same views so I think we'll see the same prospect value soon....!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I agree.

p.s. Jerk your already more posts than me on this ROD :( lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
haha Man I debated for a while but after much debate I will not cheer on the Whiners, there is no bones in my body that could do that, however like you said I would like a Deadskin loss! Hey the Whiners might get a win but we can potentially get a wayyyy better prospect from the Skins pick! I'm licking my chops this year at the draft even though I haven't done much research on any players just yet.... I don't usually until our season looks completely screwed! lol Me and you last year gave eachother a lot of feedback and info have aout the same views so I think we'll see the same prospect value soon....!

Was waiting to see what you thought of the mock i posted but it never happened :( you must have hated it so much you couldn't even reply to it....

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Was waiting to see what you thought of the mock i posted but it never happened :( you must have hated it so much you couldn't even reply to it....
lol shutter down! I was very very busy that time period and had limited internet ad kept trying to respond but it wouldn't let me post. I did like who you choose per position wise but honestly I havn't reviewed any film of any of these guys just yet TBH. I'm going to start with them and branch out! haha