I think I know who I want to see the Rams draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
12821021.jpg

I saw his game last night, forgot to post this until now...but.
IDK what his draft posistion is, what round he should go in, etc etc. All I know is I want this guy to be starting @ safety September 2014 as a Ram. Could you imagine this dude hunting seaworms and whiner WRs?

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not have 2? IDK how well this guy is in coverage but seeing that Baylor game...wow.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It looks to me that he is giving a street fighter uppercut to that dude...and I like it

V3

Hall of Fame
Why not have 2? IDK how well this guy is in coverage but seeing that Baylor game...wow.

Two is fine but at least one absolutely HAS to excel in coverage. Today's game is based on the pass. You have to have someone who is a game changer in the passing game. Most SB teams have an elite ball hawking safety. They are crucial.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah it's Ahmad Dixon. He apparently got arrested for assault. Whatever. Same old shit: if he learned what he did blah blah blah.

Again IDK how good he is in coverage. We'll see come March. I just know that dude had a great game AND a senior.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ahmad Dixon is my guess. Don't like him that much; would rather have Hasean Clinton-Dix, Deone Bucannon, or Dion Bailey. Dixon is more of a strong safety than a free safety - and if you want a guy who hits as well, Bucannon has laid out some massive hits in his college career and can cover with the best of them.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
To take our defense from good to elite we need an elite playmaker at FS like Seattle's Earl Thomas or KC's Eric Berry. These guys can lay the hat, cover TE's and most importantly, they can cover a lot of ground. I don't know if there are any guys in this year's draft class approaching the level of these guys but if there is let's use our treasure trove of picks to get him.

Those highlights on Bucannon were nice. The yellow flags, not so much.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
To take our defense from good to elite we need an elite playmaker at FS like Seattle's Earl Thomas or KC's Eric Berry. These guys can lay the hat, cover TE's and most importantly, they can cover a lot of ground. I don't know if there are any guys in this year's draft class approaching the level of these guys but if there is let's use our treasure trove of picks to get him.

I sure do not see any like you have listed above but when Rams starting safety Darian Stewart moves on after this season I would not mind seeing this safety selected by Snead on the second day of the draft.
Lamarcus Joyner from FSU
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737136/lamarcus-joyner

I have had a chance to watch him now for a couple of years down here...he is always making plays sideline to sideline.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Those highlights on Bucannon were nice. The yellow flags, not so much.

Agreed so much on the first part. Every top team has a good safety. In Seattle's case, they have two in Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Pittsburgh has Troy Polamalu, the Ravens had Ed Reed, the Super Bowl winning Saints had Darren Sharper. You need a good safety - or even two - to win Super Bowls.

As for Bucannon, he has twelve career interceptions on three bad Washington State teams. I absolutely wouldn't mind taking him in the second round. I'm very high on him; 6'0", 215 lbs. safeties that can cover and pick off passes don't come along that often. I like Joyner too; I just happen to like Bucannon a little more.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like Bucannon, but he is going to draw a lot of flags in the NFL unless hes changes his approach a great deal. If he can fix that problem and become a better tackler he could be really great.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Jarius Byrd would be a nice pick up. He will cost less than Finnegan and he's a whole lot better.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Bucannon certainly is a big hitter. But his playing style will lead him to "donating" a great deal to NFL Charities...and lots of penalty yardage.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jarius Byrd would be a nice pick up foresure. He will cost less about the same as Finnegan and he's a whole lot better.
When you put it that way Byrd looks like a bargain but hows his injury history & missing games??? I rather draft another safety like TJ McDonald & a Corner back on the second day of the draft in 2014 release the rotten 50 million $$ CB and then begin the process of moving starting safety Rodney McLeod into the primary Nickle back post & inserting the new rookie safety into the lineup instead. Use the cap $$ saved by passing on Byrd & releasing Finnegan to lure OLer Saffold back into the fold for Sam Bradford pocket building and road clearing for Zac.

Just saw where Ram starting safety Stewart missed practice again along with top safety reserve Giordano.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_d16467a5-2bb8-5afd-9afb-0e7b0fcabda9.html

RAM-BLINGs

Coming off their bye week, the Rams went through their first workout in preparation for Sunday’s noon game against the Bears at the Edward Jones Dome. Missing from Tuesday’s practice were quarterback Quinn, guard Harvey Dahl, cornerback Cortland Finnegan, and safeties Darian Stewart and Matt Giordano.

Last edited by a moderator:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I want Anthony Barr in horns. I love Dunbar but he is just not the same after the suspension and fire/re-hire. He still brings the motivation though. Barr would be the long term fix at OLB, Plus you cant pass up on linebackers like this.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Barr would be cool, but if the mocks I've read so far are accurate he'll be gone before either of their picks.

I read a mock today that had the Rams taking Jake Matthews and Ha'Sean (HaHa) Clinton-Dix in the first.
I think I could live with that.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Barr would be cool, but if the mocks I've read so far are accurate he'll be gone before either of their picks.

I read a mock today that had the Rams taking Jake Matthews and Ha'Sean (HaHa) Clinton-Dix in the first.
I think I could live with that.

yea all the ones I read he's gone too, he's always picked at 3 - 5. I could live with that too if it went down.

If only we could trade up from our 16? and have 2 top 10s, that would be sick!