I think I have a record holder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Im pretty damn positive I have the largest black snake alive on my property. My mother in law said that she had an 8' one living on the property a few years back, I just kinda said "okay" and went about it, didn't think she was lying, just thought maybe a stretch. Well today I'm working on my lower pasture that has been causing me so many problems. I'm making my second pass towards the woodline and I thought I saw a squirrel jumping around. As I got closer I realized it was a HUGE fucking snake. He stopped about 10' in front of me next to fallen branch and looked at me for about 4 or 5 seconds. I stopped my mower and just looked back and then he went about his way. Then I did as well. Well, I got curious and measured this branch, it was just under 6.5'. This snake was longer than this branch and was laying in a wavy formation. So to say this snake was between 8-9' would not surprise me. I know I read online and it says they only get to about 6'. So I can't help but wonder his true size and what the record is. For those u familiar, black snakes are actually called Texas Rat Snakes but are called Black Snakes because they are shiny and black. If I wasn't scared of snakes I would caught his ass. Any volunteers lol.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I live in Missouri, so that thing can take its big ass home

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Best to leave that Mac daddy alone. As long as that monster is there, you won't have to worry about the poisonous ones.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My first reaction is usually to run them over with the rider, but I thought, this fucker may break my shank or something worse, I would get the back end and he would wrap around and find himself attached to my leg. Lol

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
If he ain't bothering anything let him leave less moles and gophers to worry about

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I did, I knew he was around, I saw the tail end of him a few times in the spot that he lives, but I've never actually seen the whole damn thing. It haunted my dreams last night. I'm not scared of snakes, so long as I can see them, but I hate the legless freaks. Always biting shit just for walking to close. Lol I've just never seen a snake this bit outside of the zoo. I googled it last night, the biggest one ever recorded was 101", just under 8'5". I'm tellin ya, this dudes damn close or possibly bigger. He's old. I'm guessing that's why he wasn't scootin to get away with any speed. He actually paused for a few seconds, that tells me he's seen too many riders in his day to give a shit. But I appreciate the work he does. For a couple weeks all I saw were copperheads and I looked at his home and found quail feathers, so I'm guessing he filled up and layed around for a bit, but yesterday, I didn't see a single snake outside of him....take that back, my wife saw a baby brown snake in the basement last night, dude was maybe 5" long and she lost her fucking mind. Funniest thing I've ever seen. She was dancing like it was hammer time down there crying and screaming. Over a snake the size of a night crawler. Lol

fearsomefour

Legend
Man alive. Too many snakes man.
I do like you left the old snake be.
That's cool. Gotta try get rid of those copperheads though.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea the copperheads are the only real concern for me. I let the black go cause he does good for me, the copperheads are just bastards. I've killed probably 6 this season so far. Came home from work the other day and ran over one that was in the road. When I say ran over, I mean forwards, reverse and repeat a few times. Lol I got it good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate snakes. But, they keep rodents in check.

So; do your thing, snake. Just leave me out of it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My biggest fear is running over snakes and toads with the mower. Snakes odn't really bother me, but I get the heebie jeebies when I see them, because one of them managed to get inside the house. That is unsettling.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't like snakes, but I hate mice more. Those shifty little bastards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I used to have a red and black rat snake a couple of decades ago.
I don't know why. I thought it was cool at the time to walk around with him around my neck.
Surprisingly, it didn't make me as popular as I thought it would.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I used to pick up Black Rat Snakes quite often. When I worked with the State crews, I always had kids that thought they Hated snakes so I did my best to get them out of that mindset. Black Rat snakes are quite docile. Once you pick them up and control their head for a few minutes they give up the whole trying to bite you defense and relax pretty quickly, even the big ones. I would let the crew hold them to demonstrate that they are not the evil monsters that the world would like to have them believe.

Black Rat Snakes are not all black. Their bellies are grey and white. When they are babies they are all grey and white and for defense they shake their tails like Rattlers. I had one shaking its tail against a dried leaf and he had me fooled for a bit. Don't confuse a Black Rat snake with an Black Racer. Black Racers are all black and very aggressive. They will chase you quite a distance when threatened.

I don't kill Copperheads and Rattlers. They all have their place in this world and we just have to be aware and prepared when we walk in their stomping/crawling grounds. One of my friends used to catch them with his bare hands....not by the tail either.

You guys that hate on snakes should try to get over your irrational fears. They are all Gods creatures and part of our ecosystem. They aren't evil.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I will Kill every copperhead I see, lucky for rattlers that they don't live in my area or I would kill them too. I have two small children running around. The more I kill, the fewer of them there are around to bite them. And snakes are as evil as the day is long. Anything that can move that fast with no legs and who's instinct is to bite when threatened over talking it out...well that's pure evil to me lol

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have a 410 that I carry with me in the woods and I'm gonna be putting a rack on my mower if I keep seeing them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love snakes (keep your sophomoric jokes in check please :cool:) Sorry - always have. It's rare that a snake will ever want to be in the same space as a human. But a snake that big isn't just getting rid of mice. That sucker is no doubt feeding on RATS. And I hates me some RATS. Those suckers make my skin crawl. So just hope that snake breeds and spawns many other big snakes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I used to have a red and black rat snake a couple of decades ago.
I don't know why. I thought it was cool at the time to walk around with him around my neck.
Surprisingly, it didn't make me as popular as I thought it would.
Might work on this chick.

Too bad this one is always in her way:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love snakes (keep your sophomoric jokes in check please :cool:) Sorry - always have. It's rare that a snake will ever want to be in the same space as a human. But a snake that big isn't just getting rid of mice. That sucker is no doubt feeding on RATS. And I hates me some RATS. Those suckers make my skin crawl. So just hope that snake breeds and spawns many other big snakes.

Yeah, I could let that go........... but I can't. We already know you like "special sauce" so the snake love in conjunction is just too ripe for the picking. So I'll ask what's your favorite kind of snake? :D