I think cutting Kush was a mistake

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some interesting replies above.

@den-the-coach still on the fence with Rhaney. He had some really good moments over the preseason but he's like much of the second team guys in that he had his share of negative plays. But the thing that bothers me about him is he doesn't play with strength snap to snap. As it pertains to the center position alone, I think Kush was a better backup option. Then again I never thought Barnes would be anything more than a backup, so if Rhaney ends up being good it won't be the first time I've been wrong.

@fearsomefour you might be onto something re: the line calls. That is something we just don't see and with the overall play of that second unit game to game it was hard to determine on some of the most poorly executed plays who was assigned what.

Either way I am very happy with our starting OL and the depth. Just wanted to see what everyone else felt about that move in particular.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Kush gave me the impression that he was about as bright as a box of rocks. A total blonde dits. Not a great quality in a center.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kush gave me the impression that he was about as bright as a box of rocks. A total blonde dits. Not a great quality in a center.

Kinda like a Viking ? Not those Minnesota guys, I mean the real barbarians.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Kinda like a Viking ? Not those Minnesota guys, I mean the real barbarians.

He might have fit in on long boat trips with vikings... he seemed a little :effemine:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Plus... did I mention that he sure appeared to be lacking in the intelligence department. LOL. I'm trying to say it as nicely as possible.

A55VA6

Legend
Wish we kept him. Plus on hard Knocks, he was really hurt when he got cut. Said he loved it there and had so much fun. Sucks..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a backup Center. Nobody would have cared if he wasn't featured on Hard Knocks.

I guess I'll speak for myself on this one. All I can say is that I follow this team religiously and the extent of my Eric Kush knowledge coming into this season was that he is on the roster. If he wasn't on Hard Knocks, I doubt I would have noticed he was even cut.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wish we kept him. Plus on hard Knocks, he was really hurt when he got cut. Said he loved it there and had so much fun. Sucks..

I'm sure Rhaney would've said the same thing if he cut or anyone else.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess I'll speak for myself on this one. All I can say is that I follow this team religiously and the extent of my Eric Kush knowledge coming into this season was that he is on the roster. If he wasn't on Hard Knocks, I doubt I would have noticed he was even cut.
Absolutely right. I mean, people probably would have noticed, but there would be a whole lot of "meh's" as a reaction.
Dude did have an epic tank collection though, I'll give him that.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree, was dumb to cut him. Just having that personality in the locker room can help. He is a natural leader.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He made several mental mistakes playing Center, and a few physical ones. If he hadn't almost got Mannion killed in the last preseason game, then he probably would have made it. he played well at Guard, but we don't need anymore Guards.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He is a natural leader.

So was Richard Milhous Nixon!
ff612e29f417961c1cfc7b5237c7d9e0.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We are going to develop Arkin at Center, and if/when he does develop, then he'll eventually be our backup C.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kush was my fav guy man :( i feel for him. i wish the best for him in chicago.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Kush was my fav guy man :( i feel for him. i wish the best for him in chicago.
I wish him well, as you, and many of us do. In fact, he liked my treet to him. Honestly, the dude can't play Center, and that is where we needed him.

If he would have torn it up at Center, with Goff....he would easily have made our team. He hurt Goff, and hurt himself. If he just played Guard, he could....could, have made the team. We needed a Center/Guard type , which greatly helps the game day 45.