I think Barksdale

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
happy wife happy life, I guess someone has not had the experience of getting married ,you do as you are told.

My first wife's mother told me before the ceremony ,if you bolt , I'll shoot you before get to the car, I think she thought the puking was cuz i was getting cold feet instead if the 5th of Tequila I'd chugged the night before

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought that Barksdale would sign this week or next... but now I wonder about it. Reading Wagoner's latest article, he mentioned that there could be incentive for a guy like Barksdale to wait after the draft and see if teams didn't get the OT talent that they want (Titans or Rams) and see if they sweeten the pot a little bit in the contracts. It makes sense, I could still see a risk to it but, it makes some sense. My guess: Rams have a contract still on the table. Barksdale may gamble a little that a desperate team will offer more if they don't get talent in the draft.

Say White is there at 10 .What do you do ?
I think I draft White & lock in Barksdale for more years.
I see where a couple extra players slip as well The Rams might not be able to pass up.

The Rams look like they really need to draft a Offensive Lineman at 10.I see where Les Snead says at the end of the day we draft the best player available.
I think The Rams draft best player at position,vs value by trading back or circling there board.As far as the first round draft pick goes it will be interesting ,Aaron Donald shows they do stick with best Player.

I wonder how many times The Rams front office has gone over that top 10 draft board.I know if your a draft nick top 10 boards way more than top 15 boards.I'm sure they are getting worn out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All good points but I still would rather see 3 top notch rookie combo's_ Flowers-Marpet, D. Smith-Cann, Humphries-Tomlinson, at the LG-RT spots than retread FA's...Any combination of rookies...ANY...
So you pass on White at 10 or Beasley ?
I like your combo,but I think at that point you have trade back.
The Rams I think are all in & will find there way back into the first round this year.I look at Buffalo this year missing there first rd pick because of trading up for Sammy Watkins.
The Rams can trade -#1 & a#2 next year to come back up to draft that RT & still load up on there combos.
The Rams will make a trade in 8 days !!!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No matter what you think about Barksdale as a starter, he's at least a very good swing tackle and right now our depth on the o-line leaves something to be desired. If we do take a tackle in the first then maybe Barksdale can move inside and come back out if one of the tackles go down

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
4. I still want us to re-sign him on a prove it deal so we won't be as desperate heading into the draft.

This^ plus Barksdale is durable and as Ram fans we know that is an asset. A one year deal would be great for both parties and then draft accordingly. No reason to reach because sometimes certain players fall off the board.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This^ plus Barksdale is durable and as Ram fans we know that is an asset. A one year deal would be great for both parties and then draft accordingly. No reason to reach because sometimes certain players fall off the board.
Totally agree with you here

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So you pass on White at 10 or Beasley ?
I like your combo,but I think at that point you have trade back.
The Rams I think are all in & will find there way back into the first round this year.I look at Buffalo this year missing there first rd pick because of trading up for Sammy Watkins.
The Rams can trade -#1 & a#2 next year to come back up to draft that RT & still load up on there combos.
The Rams will make a trade in 8 days !!!
Trading back is what just about every team wants to do but for that to happen you have to have a dance partner. Who do you see the Rams taking to the ball?

lockdnram21

Legend
Can you define "worth it"? I think a guy who has made, I believe, 32 consecutive starts for this team is worth a multi-year deal at $4mm per.
Hes Durable yes but hes below avg in play especially in our division hes played bad vs az, sea, sf

lockdnram21

Legend
For 2 million you get bupkis for OL these days.

yEw7l7N.jpg
who ever that is then hes = to that because in my book hes not that good and from looks of things rams dont think he is either

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hes Durable yes but hes below avg in play especially in our division hes played bad vs az, sea, sf
Any thoughts as to what was different for Barksdale in 2014 vs. 2013 when he was a solid-to-good starter at RT? I put a lot of focus on the fact he was playing next to Davin Joseph who was playing next to Scott Wells.

lockdnram21

Legend
Any thoughts as to what was different for Barksdale in 2014 vs. 2013 when he was a solid-to-good starter at RT? I put a lot of focus on the fact he was playing next to Davin Joseph who was playing next to Scott Wells.
He was bad vs the division in 13 to. imo he was overrated by fans. But he did have a little better year. I dont buy the Joseph was playing next to him. Joseph wasnt suppose to help him on those 1-1 battles that i seen him get beat like a drum. Just seems like hes not quick out his stance. If we do keep him i want to draft a Rt and have him take over after a couple games like Robinson did last season. so the most i would pay Barksdale is 2-3 mill for 1 season no long term deal

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He was bad vs the division in 13 to. imo he was overrated by fans. But he did have a little better year. I dont buy the Joseph was playing next to him. Joseph wasnt suppose to help him on those 1-1 battles that i seen him get beat like a drum. Just seems like hes not quick out his stance. If we do keep him i want to draft a Rt and have him take over after a couple games like Robinson did last season. so the most i would pay Barksdale is 2-3 mill for 1 season no long term deal
Interesting. Not saying you're wrong, I'd have to watch the games again, I just felt like in 2014 he was trying to cheat inside to help out the two weakest links on the O-line, and ended up getting burnt outside more often than he did the year before.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Trading back is what just about every team wants to do but for that to happen you have to have a dance partner. Who do you see the Rams taking to the ball?
Not...

He's barely average...His play was trending down....always a bad sign....

I could see NO Saints ? Last year The Rams thought they might have a deal with Baltimore to move back for Zach Martin.
I don't see The Rams not being aggressive in the first day of The 2015 draft.Look at Sneads track record.He is like a GQ cover guy,he always finds a dance partner.I just hate the fact he traded up to find one.I believe you let the draft fall to you & trust your board.
Tavon & Joyner are nice player,but under sized.I think playing against bigger & faster players has effect there growth to sort of speak.They will be very successful,with this season being a big one for both.

FrankenRam

Starter
Signs with the Rams this week. He and the Rams have been playing chicken, but once the draft gets here Barksdale loses leverage and the Rams are backed into a corner having to draft an ot in the first round. That doesn't mean they won't stil draft an ol in the first, it just makes it a lot more comfortable if a better player slips to ten and we are unable to trade down. Nobody is beating down Barksdale's door. Best thing for both parties is get this deal done. One year would be fine with me. Just can't picture us going into the season with what we have plus draft choices. It allows us to let the draft come to us rather than overdrafting ol. In no way am I saying we don't need to draft ol early and often, it just allows us to be smarter about it.

Couldn't disagree with the highlighted portion more. There are always options available. Some we may not like, but I seriously doubt the Rams will be 'backed into a corner of having to draft an OT in the first round'. If an OT happens to be the top rated suspect on their board, it would be silly not to take him, but it would be just as silly to take one simply because Barksdale isn't signed yet.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
There are always options available. Some we may not like, but I seriously doubt the Rams will be 'backed into a corner of having to draft an OT in the first round'. If an OT happens to be the top rated suspect on their board, it would be silly not to take him, but it would be just as silly to take one simply because Barksdale isn't signed yet.
Agree completely. Even if the Rams can't find a trade down partner and decide to go with Scherff at 10, he can play RT and OG, so there is really no pressure to sign Barksdale today. His playing RT might only be for a season or two, but he should have no trouble adapting to it before converting to a guard position at a later date, if even necessary. And if we do sign a starting RT, that $2.5 mil. or whatever the CAP hit happens to be for Barksdale is money we can't use on on another solid free agent which may present himself as a CAP casualty at another position of need.
jmo.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If worse comes to worse, there are several RTs still available to sign. If they have to pay $1 million more than they'd like to sign one because they didn't address it in the draft - well, that's better than passing on a clearly better player in the draft to reach for an OL.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couldn't disagree with the highlighted portion more. There are always options available. Some we may not like, but I seriously doubt the Rams will be 'backed into a corner of having to draft an OT in the first round'. If an OT happens to be the top rated suspect on their board, it would be silly not to take him, but it would be just as silly to take one simply because Barksdale isn't signed yet.

Explain to me who is going to play tackle if we don't draft one early and Barksdale isn't signed. And I mean good option not scrap heap. Serious question.