I Strongly Feel Sam Will be Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
After listening to Snead on the Jeff Fisher show, there's no question these guys are looking to bring Sam back. They love the player and the person and appear to have a lot of infimaty towards his injuries. It sounds like they will be looking towards drafting a QB to develope will be the strategy, not surprising. Snead said patience will be needed in drafting some of these guys they have their eye on. All in all, I think it really comes down to Sam having the best knee brace money can buy. :)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I've heard some ppl say (God forbid) if Sam goes down next year or something falls apart that Fisher will be out of here. That would be a huge mistake. change a coordinator if you gotta but you don't throw out a head coach that can build and run a team from the ground up

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've said it many times; If Sam can stay healthy he's our best chance to go deep in the playoffs. He's got the talent. He's got experience. He knows the offense.

He's a perfect fit for what Fisher/Schotty want to do.

Sam's played 16 games before. He can do it again.

But we need a developmental guy too. A legit guy. Just in case. With Hill in reserve.

Walter

Rookie
I've heard some ppl say (God forbid) if Sam goes down next year or something falls apart that Fisher will be out of here. That would be a huge mistake. change a coordinator if you gotta but you don't throw out a head coach that can build and run a team from the ground up
I agree, I never understood the coaching carousel. Every team seems to expect to go from terrible to super bowl in 3 years. I would maintain the course with Fisher, success will come.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After listening to Snead on the Jeff Fisher show, there's no question these guys are looking to bring Sam back. They love the player and the person and appear to have a lot of infimaty towards his injuries. It sounds like they will be looking towards drafting a QB to develope will be the strategy, not surprising. Snead said patience will be needed in drafting some of these guys they have their eye on. All in all, I think it really comes down to Sam having the best knee brace money can buy. :)

Crap. Looks like I'll be giving more lectures next season. ;)

I want Sam back. Gives us our best shot at winning next year. But we do need someone behind him. I like Hill but we need someone better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree, I never understood the coaching carousel. Every team seems to expect to go from terrible to super bowl in 3 years. I would maintain the course with Fisher, success will come.

If you listen to what is said about Kroenke... He's into the Bellichick model Bigtime. Fisher isn't going anywhere, as you say.

jjab360

Legend
I think you almost have to head into next year hoping Bradford can stay upright. There isn't anybody in this draft or free agency class that would even come close to producing like a healthy Bradford would be able to next year. Of course, you can't depend on him seeing as he hasn't played a regular season game in almost two years, so you bring back Hill who you know can win football games for you, and then a developmental guy in the second or third round who you hope can be the next Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, etc. (although the last two have hit some road bumps, they're still steals for where they were drafted).

Now pardon me while I go do some research and speculation into which prospects Snead may have been referring to with the patience comment.

Walter

Rookie
If you listen to what is said about Kroenke... He's into the Bellichick model Bigtime. Fisher isn't going anywhere.
Absolutely, I remember hearing how they read his book and wanted to follow that plan. As much as I despise the Pats, their model works. If it was my team, I would do the same thing. Similar to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Of course, you can't depend on him seeing as he hasn't played a regular season game in almost two years,
Picking nits here - just over a year. But yeah - agree with the rest.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Absolutely, I remember hearing how they read his book and wanted to follow that plan. As much as I despise the Pats, their model works. If it was my team, I would do the same thing. Similar to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

Yeah, Pittsburgh is a great example. They rode the highs and lows with Cowher but stayed the course and were a consistent winner.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you listen to what is said about Kroenke... He's into the Bellichick model Bigtime. Fisher isn't going anywhere, as you say.
You DARE mention that troll here? Don't MAKE me come back there. :mad: But yeah - I remember the patsie model being mentioned early after Kroenke took over.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You DARE mention that troll here? Don't MAKE me come back there. :mad: But yeah - I remember the patsie model being mentioned early after Kroenke took over.

Kroenke likes the model. Not the cheating. :sneaky:

FRO

Legend
I put it at 90% chance that he will be back and under center opening day. Why wouldn't we bring him back. We are a playoff ready team. No QB we draft will be ready to go day one. And if he plays to his potential he can be a top 10 QB. I think it's a no brainer to bring him back. Load up as many good options you can at the position.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Load up as many good options you can at the position.

For that matter, I'd say Hill has a good chance of coming back. He already knows the offense and has some good chemistry with Britt and Bailey. He seems to be loving his time in STL, I think he's from here and know he has a farm here. Barring one errand pass against SD, he's playing well. As for Davis, I think he's out with a draft pick.

FRO

Legend
For that matter, I'd say Hill has a good chance of coming back. He already knows the offense and has some good chemistry with Britt and Bailey. He seems to be loving his time in STL, I think he's from here and know he has a farm here. I think that's a no Brainer, too. As for Davis, I think he's out with a draft pick.
For me I bring back Bradford and Hill and get a QB in rounds 2-4 unless we can get Winston or Mariota in the first.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Their model works because they cheat.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Crap. Looks like I'll be giving more lectures next season. ;)

I want Sam back. Gives us our best shot at winning next year. But we do need someone behind him. I like Hill but we need someone better.
it's tough to find a backup as good as hill if you combine experience ability and smarts. even if Bradford gets dinged up occasionally Hill could carry them through 2-6 games sprinkled in. He's already faced some of the toughest in the league. but if Bradford does miss at least 4 games whether we make playoffs or not then there will be questions about who starts in 2016. especially if he wants another big contract. ugh I'm so drained from all the speculation and possibilities. after the season ends we'll need a sticky thread just for Bradford cus this will be non stop. :palm:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
For me I bring back Bradford and Hill and get a QB in rounds 2-4 unless we can get Winston or Mariota in the first.
that would be my idea. if one of those two somehow fall into second then do it unless someone offers another ridiculous trade for them. or unless someone else huge falls in our lap in the 2nd. but our first pick needs to be a top OL. wouldn't mind a slight trade up either if there's a QB Snisher really wants. but an Oline that rivals the talent of the Emmit Smith days is priority for a healthy Sam. he needs to be top ten in least QB sacks and hits. and another big but productive FA OL signing is important. that's where some restructured Bradford money needs to go. how could Bradford argue with that if his money is going to the men protecting his lively hood.

jjab360

Legend
Picking nits here - just over a year. But yeah - agree with the rest.
Right now, it's just over a year but it'll be almost a two year gap between the last time he played and his next shot to play in a regular season game which was my point.

RamsFan14

Starter
Honestly I would like to have Bradford back, however I understand other peoples frustrations if they believe we should move on from him. It's a tough situation, he's a talented QB but he's had trouble staying healthy. We aren't in a prime position to draft a QB, so maybe we find a Derek Carr in the 2nd or 3rd round (speaking of him, HOW did he fall to the 2nd round? I'd love it if he were a Ram... Hindsight logic of course). It would be ideal if he took a pay cut, will he though? Idk... Personally I don't like to see it when teams give up on players (stupid logic, I know). I liked how Alex Smith got a chance with Harbaugh, people were thinking Harbaugh was nuts... Well he wasn't! Bradford and Alex Smith have a lot in common in the sense they've dealt with a lot of BS in their respective organizations. Deep down I won't have a problem if the Rams gave him another chance (if anything I'd love it), however I can understand the people who think we should move on. Tough situation overall.