I smell a trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Could just be the remnants of an old burritio on Fisher's stache, but I'm smelling a trade with this open roster spot. My guess is a linebacker or secondary player who knows Williams' system for a mid to late round pick. Anyone wanna speculate and throw some names out there? I'm bored.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Hmmm. Interesting thought. Props to you if you're right. I have no idea who it'd be though. Personally I'd rather keep those draft picks. The vets we've acquired haven't been that great overall.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fisher said (paraphrasing) "we need to make some moves in respect to other positions. I'm not going into detail on what we're gonna do, but we need a roster spot."

Trade!!! It makes all the sense, not getting another WR, either."

I'd say it's a LB'er. All the other positions are good, surprisingly. Long will be coming off IR soon so no DE, either.

OHHHH!!!! We're activating Long! (not official, my guess.)

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Well whoever it is it better be worth Pettis and whatever we're giving up.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm just gonna say Vincent Jackson.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Fisher said (paraphrasing) "we need to make some moves in respect to other positions. I'm not going into detail on what we're gonna do, but we need a roster spot."

Trade!!! It makes all the sense, not getting another WR, either."

I'd say it's a LB'er. All the other positions are good, surprisingly. Long will be coming off IR soon so no DE, either.

OHHHH!!!! We're activating Long! (not official, my guess.)
I actually tweeted Long today asking him when he's coming back. His response, "No timeframe, still on IR."
I then said I hope he's back as soon as the designation is up...he said, "thanks who knows".

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It would make sense for a trade to happen in light of Austin Pettis' release.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I actually tweeted Long today asking him when he's coming back. His response, "No timeframe, still on IR."
I then said I hope he's back as soon as the designation is up...he said, "thanks who knows".

Well, hopefully he wasn't being fully honest. Thats really cool, though. He thinks a lot of the fans to say that much.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To me, this team seems to have a ton of talent, they just lack experience and leadership. The way the slow, veteran receivers of the whiners carved us up comes to mind. Fisher/Snead have been building with youth for years now. I think this is the moment where they might consider sprinkling in some vets to help keep the youth on the right path and reach their potential. They love their draft picks, but at some point they need to stop being the youngest team in the league and play for the present. They need a Kenny Britt effect type of player for the secondary and Ogletree.

jjab360

Legend
I would guess Zac Stacy for another player (maybe LBer or S) still on his rookie contract

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
buffalo has nobody to run the ball they are desperate for a running back so maybe them

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Unless we are trading a draft pick, I don't see how releasing Pettis to clear a roster spot would be needed. What am I missing with the logic here?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Unless we are trading a draft pick, I don't see how releasing Pettis to clear a roster spot would be needed. What am I missing with the logic here?
Yeah - don't get it either.

fearsomefour

Legend
Too bad. Had a soft spot for Pettis. Solid player, not flashy, but solid. He will not be out of work long.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Are they thinking of bringing Ray Ray back to get the personal fouls back up to a normal level?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Stacy and a pick for Lavonte David
sandlot-1squints.jpg

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm not smelling a trade but I'd take an Andre Johnson all day of the week and twice on sundays.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Do we have the cap space to trade for anyone?