I see the officials are helping sf

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Delay of game ignored then when crabtree doesnt complete the catch after going to the ground they give it to him anyways. So whiners ans shecocks both had gift TDs today, why do the Rams not get gift TDs ever.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yep keeps on coming. someone should post a ref montage of all the "blown" calls through this week. i quote blown because that implies it being accidental.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
That Harvin call earlier was ridiculous - but this one was even worse! It was so obvious! The refs are supposed to watch the play clock?!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think in the goodell era the officials number 1 priority is to go out of their way to insure the game ends the way goodell scripted it. My wife always asks me why I continue to watch this crapfest that the NFL has turned into. I'll bet goodells goal is to be the next vince mcmahon. He couldnt care less about the integrity of the league as long as he gets to chose who wins the SB each season.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think in the goodell era the officials number 1 priority is go out of their way to insure the game ends the way goodell scripted it. My wife always asks me why I continue to watch this crapfest that the NFL has turned into. I'll bet goodells goal is to be the next vince mcmahon. He couldnt care less about the integrity of the league as long as he gets to chose who wins the SB each season.

Its all revenue streams. Make sure the big market teams with lots of fans win. Unfashionable teams in the Mid-West like the Rams are gonna get shafted in comparison.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I bet this gets overruled as well....Kaep cant throw picks....

Yup...incomplete.

EDIT:

Wow - they actually called that obvious Holding penalty against Staley...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Officiating has truly gone down hill, especially over the past 10+ years. Most will tell us we shouldn't complain about the officiating, or maybe we should all become officials since we seem to see everything and know all the rules. I will admit it would be tough being an official, and we have the ability to watch replays during the game, but these guys are supposed to be the best of the best. IMO there are too many factors preventing consistent officiating each week, too many to mention although I will mention a couple. The speed of the game is so much faster today I think most officials can't keep up. Interpreting the rules is inconsistent. In one game they call a roughing the passer (i.e. the roughing call on Dunbar today) and the same hit in another game goes uncalled. I think there are many who anticipate a foul and throw a flag. Now you add rules to limit some of the vicious hits, illegal contact, etc. and it all can go to hell quickly. I know the league reviews each game and evaluates the officials, so maybe it's time the NFL fines them for making bad calls. Officials should be held accountable just as much as players and coaches. If they are not going to, then sign me up. I'll make sure the RAMS get the upper hand if I'm officiating one of their game.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
This game is ridiculous. Refs have just taken over this league. Can't take it any more

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Delay of game ignored then when crabtree doesnt complete the catch after going to the ground they give it to him anyways. So whiners ans shecocks both had gift TDs today, why do the Rams not get gift TDs ever.
Then later, Bennet controls the ball out of bounds and they rule it incomplete.
Collinsworth wasn't to thrilled about the call either.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
th

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
yep keeps on coming. someone should post a ref montage of all the "blown" calls through this week. i quote blown because that implies it being accidental.

Not sure how much work goes into making a video, but I would be very surprised if anyone had the time to do a video of all the blatant missed/no calls/made up calls from a single weekend. Hell at the rate they blow calls I woulndt be surprised if the league office was still reviewing all the bad calls from preseason week 2. There has to be at least 20 bad calls/game, probably quite a bit more.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Officiating has truly gone down hill, especially over the past 10+ years. Most will tell us we shouldn't complain about the officiating, or maybe we should all become officials since we seem to see everything and know all the rules. I will admit it would be tough being an official, and we have the ability to watch replays during the game, but these guys are supposed to be the best of the best. IMO there are too many factors preventing consistent officiating each week, too many to mention although I will mention a couple. The speed of the game is so much faster today I think most officials can't keep up. Interpreting the rules is inconsistent. In one game they call a roughing the passer (i.e. the roughing call on Dunbar today) and the same hit in another game goes uncalled. I think there are many who anticipate a foul and throw a flag. Now you add rules to limit some of the vicious hits, illegal contact, etc. and it all can go to hell quickly. I know the league reviews each game and evaluates the officials, so maybe it's time the NFL fines them for making bad calls. Officials should be held accountable just as much as players and coaches. If they are not going to, then sign me up. I'll make sure the RAMS get the upper hand if I'm officiating one of their game.

It is tougher for the officials on the field than it is for us fans at home, but they get paid pretty good money to pay attention to the damn game.

I umpired a few softball games when my daughter was younger and it was tougher than I thought it would be, but not so tough that I didnt know if a ball was caught or if a tag was made, but as long as I wasnt umping her games I had no problem seeing the play as it happened and calling it unbiased. When I umped 1 of her games it was harder to watch instead of just making the call to benefit my daughters team.

But with all the training they claim the NFL officials get you would think they could at least show some consistancy within a single game, I can accept that some crews may see/interpret things differently but as long as they call it the same for both sides its not a problem.

AZRamsFan93

Like I mentioned on another post, I don't see any bias - only incompetence. I think the 49ers had almost 20 penalties accepted against them.... I don't see it favoring one team (except maybe the Patriots).