I see lots of people dumping on Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, too early to tell what we have in Foles but I get the concern. Another slow start could very well spell doom for our season. And that might be on Fisher and the coaching staff more than on Foles. I get the "let's be vanilla and don't show our hand just yet" mentality but at some point you have to release the hounds before the scent is gone. My fear is Fisher will feel pressured to bring Gurley back too early because of Offensive ineptitude. That may be happening already OR it might be part of the deception that is Jeff Fisher.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm not going to dump on him yet, but early results haven't been positive so far. If our Oline doesn't get its shit together, no QB is going to thrive back there for the Rams.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
That 28-2 season might have been the worst thing for him. It was a very fluky season and even the best QBs never throw just 2 INTs. Now people see how he really is, just like most every QB that fucks up now and then and suddenly he's not good anymore.

I'm expecting somewhere b/w 25-30 TDs with about 13-15 INTs.

For me the problem isn't that he didn't match that level of play, it's ridiculous to expect anyone to play that well, only two players have ever had a better season in the history of the NFL.

No the problem is that last year statistically speaking he was pretty much exactly the same as Austin Davis, a guy we dropped half way through the season, same yards per attempt, same INT %, same TD % (all to 1 d.p.), exact same fumbles lost, hell even head to head Foles needed a TD from each of his special teams and D to beat Davis. And he's come into the Rams and so far through 2 pre-season games he's looked like he hasn't improved from that.

That's not to say the die is cast on him, because no matter how fluky 2013 was, he still did it and is therefore capable of doing it. It's just to say it's a cause for concern.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Did Foles single handily lose games for Philly last season with back breaking pick sixes, INT's and fumbles?
Not being snarky. Legit question. I ask because of the "statistical" comparisons being made to A.Davis.
Ask i like to say...All INT's are not created equally in terms of Win/Loss impact. Our QB's last season lost games for this team.
I haven't looked at Foles' season in detail.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am not worried at all ......it's way to early. Foles can make every nfl throw and is going to lead us to a deep playoff run.....maybe even a superbowl...... go Nick!!!!!!! ;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

FRO

Legend
Did Foles single handily lose games for Philly last season with back breaking pick sixes, INT's and fumbles?
Not being snarky. Legit question. I ask because of the "statistical" comparisons being made to A.Davis.
Ask i like to say...All INT's are not created equally in terms of Win/Loss impact. Our QB's last season lost games for this team.
I haven't looked at Foles' season in detail.
I'm not sure if his picks were as costly as Davis. It is disheartening that he had a superior support cast and coaching staff and still did about the same as Hill and Davis. Foles was sacked 9 times in 8 games. It's possible he may reach that mark in 2-3 games this year. That added pressure can't help. Foles has so much more arm talent than Davis and Hill. He has proven he can play at the highest level. I'm still very concerned about him being the answer going forward.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't see it as dumping, I see it as legitimate concern. While Davis's picks came at a worse time, there is still some merit to statistical comparison. You can say Foles had a better overall offensive system than poor Shotty's as well. All the caveats, end of the day he did many of the same wrongs that Davis did. Not going through reads fast enough, improper footwork and technique, etc. And he's doing them now. The statements from the team are "well, it's a vanilla offense." If you're only running the simplest quarter of your playbook, I do think it's disturbing that Foles looks a little lost.

Am I worried too much? No not as much as for the OL. Keenum has looked efficient and comfortable and we know from the Texans that the game's not too big. Hindsight, we should've played him last year, maybe it's a better year. Mannion has been better than I expected.

As for the biggest help to a QB, the OL? Eh.