I see lots of people dumping on Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speedr@m

Rookie
I dont get this after a couple of series in preseason games 1 & 2. The Rams need to play... and a lot tomorrow. Let Foles get some rythm

This is what I see through a couple of weeks. I'm wishing the best for our new QB we sure could use a reliable player at that position and with all the upside we have at WR it would be nice to see our best QB healthy and on the field they could develop and mature

FRO

Legend
Count me as concerned about Foles. Things he has shown in the preseason are things he showed last year that were concerning. Statistically he wasn't much better than Davis/Hill were for us last year. Now stats can be deceiving, but Foles had the superior supporting cast and play caller. I'm hoping he regains his 2013 form and takes us to the playoffs. He does have talent, he just needs to sure up his footwork and decision making.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dumping? I don't know about all that. Maybe some observations that aren't exactly flattering. Unless I'm mistaken, he's in another system with new players behind an O-line that's also relatively new, and it showed a little against Tennessee. Plus there's the sharp drop-off he had in 2014 with the Eagles, so people aren't really sure which guy we're gonna get. Hopefully he shows his true form this week and we can all breathe a little easier.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't see dumping, it's legitimate worries. Many things that have ailed Foles his entire career are still ailing him; trouble outside his first read, sloppy footwork and poor decision making. The O-line is not optimal, but that especially is why we're going to need good play out of him and that INT he threw at the Titans was just dreadful. Britt was also at fault, but that doesn't change the fact that Foles absolutely stared down the route, refused to go to a different read and threw it at a busted play anyways.

Foles hasn't been exactly exciting himself, he's got to step it up too. The whole Rams team has to really.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, he's made 12 pass attempts. I've seen enough.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm not that worried about Foles. I think this is a run first team and once they get that going he'll be fine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not that worried about Foles. I think this is a run first team and once they get that going he'll be fine.
I do too, but it's going to be a give-take relationship. Foles is gonna have to air it out once in a while to relax the secondary so the run game can get going.

RamWoodie

Legend
The thing to do is chill. Everyone knows...or should know, it's the 3rd preseason game is where teams really give their starters about 2 quarters to get a good look at where they are.

Foles is a "nifty QB" he knows how to move in the pocket to buy time. Let's see what this next game shows.

FRO

Legend
I do too, but it's going to be a give-take relationship. Foles is gonna have to air it out once in a while to relax the secondary so the run game can get going.
I agree. I know we want to ground and pound, but it's hard to run against stacked boxes. We can't live solely on the run game. We have to be an effective pass game too.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Well, he's made 12 pass attempts. I've seen enough.

Exactly...He's played what 2 or 3 series ??? Not exactly a large sample size...Sure, he could falter (a la 2014)...He could also be very good (a la 2013)...I'd sure like to see a little more before jumping to a conclusion either way...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe in Foles still, let's give him some time and besides the Rams have Sean Mannion so I'm not concerned whatsoever.
170.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That 28-2 season might have been the worst thing for him. It was a very fluky season and even the best QBs never throw just 2 INTs. Now people see how he really is, just like most every QB that fucks up now and then and suddenly he's not good anymore.

I'm expecting somewhere b/w 25-30 TDs with about 13-15 INTs.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I believe in Foles still, let's give him some time and besides the Rams have Sean Mannion so I'm not concerned whatsoever.
170.gif
Man does he have the worst constipation ever or what? You cray zee Coach!

Foles doesnt worry me specifically. What does worry me is just the general attitude and seeming lack of urgency. We discussed the tiredness excuse, canceled practice, etc already. I'm just afraid if we dont get it together, another slow start is coming. We play Seattle and Pittsburgh, who looks ready to rock from what I've seen, right out of the box. We can't afford to coast into the season!

fearsomefour

Legend
As I have said before Foles to me is C+. He may end up being better than that but....who knows?
The bigger question, of course, is the line and the coaching staffs commitment to the run. There were plenty of times last year the Rams gave up on the run too early in games for my taste. I think Foles can be very effective if the running game and play calling does enough to keep Ds honest. If the O line gets it going and the running game is a force to be reckoned with I think Foles can make plenty of big plays.
So far, all signs point to a slow start for the O. If that is the case the coaching staff needs to stick to their guns and pound the ball. The next two preseasons games may be tell tale....to a certain degree anyway.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, Foles had some question marks after last season. He hasn't played well in the limited opportunities so far. The teams he's played so far were bottom feeders last season and don't expect to fare a lot better this season. So yes, I'm concerned.