I say we go with Sam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Fix the OL first and foremost and then focus on the QB position because as it is right now it doesn't matter who the QB is. Bradford, Warner, Montana....none of them would be the answer behind this line.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
All it means is that he's not Lovie's guy. Glennon has played well, not his fault Lovie wants his own guy.

As for the day 3 pick, he's being made available for that because he probably won't make the Tampa Bay roster anyway, again not because he's bad, but because the Bucs are drafting a QB, and they'd rather keep McCown as the #2. Might as well get something for him.

This! Glennon was solid his rookie year without Mike Evans, no offense to Lovie because I like him but he fucked that whole situation up starting a aging McCown and also killed Glennons vibe in the process.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Ok so we go with Bradford. That gets us say 4-6 games. Who starts the other 10-12 games?

That kid from UCLA that we draft in a later round :whistle:

Sorry... just banging that drum again..

upload_2015-1-28_11-41-43.jpeg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Presumptuous? If you were forced to bet money either way that Bradford would or would not get injured next year, which way would you bet? I would be laying it all on the injury happening.

Do you really think there is no need for a better backup QB, especially when considering that your QB is coming off of a second ACL tear? Plus consider how both tears happened. Neither tear happened from some extreme wrenching of the knee. When watching it was hard to believe that the injuries were as extreme as they were? Throw in that he has had other injuries through his career(shoulder/ankle) and at this point it is safe to say that Bradford seems a bit injury prone.

Are you content with Sean Hill? You wouldn't want the Rams to get a guy like Foles or Glennon(who is currently a backup) for more insurance? You want a 36 year old career backup to be the Rams starter after watching it happen unsuccessfully for two years?

Here is what I think. The Rams need a better backup. They need a backup who could possibly be the starter over the next few years until the Rams can find a better QB option, in case Sams knee blows out a third time. I think Sean Hill is not that guy because he is too old and Austin Davis can't be a full time starter in the NFL. NOW is the time to find that QB, while Fisher/Sneads plan is starting to come together and Sams contract is a year from expiring. The Rams are a few Olinemen and a healthy starting caliber QB away from being a play off caliber team. Ignoring the backup QB position would be foolish because NFL teams windows open and close like..........windows. Three years can fly by and a team can go from a winner to a loser overnight. I want the Rams to have a QB that is capable of starting and winning playoff games. Bradford so far has missed more games to injury than he has started. Just saying.
I hear you... wht I meant to enphasize is... "at what cost"?

Can you afford to take up a fair amount of cap space... or maybe give up some higher round draft choices?

Is it wiser to concentrate on the Oline? Without that, probably doesn't matter who you put back there... likey they'll get injured too.

I agree they need a better back-up than what they currently have... but I'd be very careful about how much I was willing to shell out (money and/or picks).

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Well said @12intheBox . There is not a better option available.

yea if not sam then it looks like a new oc new qb and 1 or2 rookie ol and that looks like another losing season. then fisher maybe gone and we start over with another rebuild. if fisher gets a 5th year and we don't make the playoffs he is most likely done. then we start the next rebuild and by the time it is done are rg3 bonanza will be starting to become fa and who knows how many we can keep. so I say come on sam take us to the promised land.

iced

I disagree. He really never played that poorly.

completely disagree - and some of the stats the local buc's radio had on him entering the season were even worse...
was 0 for 35'ish when it came to converting on 3rd and 8 or longer....i understand that's not a winnable situation, but seriously 0? can't even get one?

he's captain checkdown

glennon would be a step backward imo

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
completely disagree - and some of the stats the local buc's radio had on him entering the season were even worse...
was 0 for 35'ish when it came to converting on 3rd and 8 or longer....i understand that's not a winnable situation, but seriously 0? can't even get one?

he's captain checkdown

But wait, I'm confused. According the the experts at Ramstalk, Sam is Capt. Checkdown.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hear you... wht I meant to enphasize is... "at what cost"?

Can you afford to take up a fair amount of cap space... or maybe give up some higher round draft choices?

Is it wiser to concentrate on the Oline? Without that, probably doesn't matter who you put back there... likey they'll get injured too.

I agree they need a better back-up than what they currently have... but I'd be very careful about how much I was willing to shell out (money and/or picks).

I believe both Glennon and Foles are still on their rookie contracts.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

he's captain checkdown

Maybe he was coached to check down all of the time. Sam was brought into the league with that conservative mindset. And Sam was not that way in college.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fix the OL first and foremost and then focus on the QB position because as it is right now it doesn't matter who the QB is. Bradford, Warner, Montana....none of them would be the answer behind this line.
Well yeah, especially with Warner being 44 and Joe Montana 58. They'd need a seriously good )-line. Dont know about the arm strentgh either

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we should keep our options open.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Glennon has been pretty bad - thats why he lost the job

I can't believe Lovie starts Josh McClown because he wants his own guy...So, he forfeits x number of games for that reason ??? (If Glennon were really all that)... Glennon may be a viable backup IMO, but he lost the starting in TB...(That speaks volumes , at least to me)...

iced

I can't believe Lovie starts Josh McClown because he wants his own guy...So, he forfeits x number of games for that reason ??? (If Glennon were really all that)... Glennon may be a viable backup IMO, but he lost the starting in TB...(That speaks volumes , at least to me)...

or maybe Mcclown was better than glennon....

whatever the reason - glennon had his shot and lost it, says volumes...

rams1991

UDFA
I'd love to get Foles for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I think he's the real deal and a lot of NFL scouts like him.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Ok so we go with Bradford. That gets us say 4-6 games. Who starts the other 10-12 games?

You? :cool: You're prolly in as good as shape as any other QB in the league due to your activities.. :D

That said, I posted a list of FA QB's in another thread somewhere around here.. Granted it depends on who is resigned by their respective teams, but quite a few on that list who would make a suitable backup to Sam should he go down. Better than what we had this year maybe. I still like AD's potential behind a good OL. Plus there are teams out there who just night cut a QB worth taking a flier on (Matt Schaub for example)? Notice I said "flier".