I Really Wish We'd Add A Passing Game Coordinator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I might be in the minority, but I think Schottenheimer actually does a good job getting production out of his talent. Considering even with a backup QB the offense improved this season I think it is evident.

However, I would like to see the Rams find him some help with coming up with a creative passing game. I think there is some untapped potential with some of our personnel in that regard and we may even add to it this offseason.

The place I'd look to for such a thing is New Orleans. If there is any team in this league that does an excellent job at confusing defenses it is the Saints. I came away from the Rams victory over the Saints a little jealous at how Asshole Face could trick not only the entire defense, but the entire stadium into thinking the play was going one way then there was a receiver open on the other sideline.

What are your thoughts?

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU pulling my leg:
I might be in the minority, but I think Schottenheimer actually does a good job getting production out of his talent.
:yousure: :cray: :lol:

Nothing wrong with being a minority Sum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The Eagles new offense under Chip Kelly is incredible to watch too. This team isn't built for 1930's football, and we haven't been drafting that way. I don't think Schottys the worst offensive coordinator in the world, but he's way too conventional for this personnel.

I don't have much time, so I'll just go off on a little rant about the offense this year.

He used Austin the same as he would Danny Amendola. The most creative he got was basic reverses, and end arounds. The one gadget play we saw with Austin was Fishers design. He was scared to hand the ball off to Austin, even though when he did it usually resulted in big gains, and at the least positive yardage. He refused to use Austin as a decoy or put him in any motion. Per your example, it's something the Saints do constantly with D Sproles.

Richardson got phased out this year, because we refused to run off tackle with him. We never ran without stacking the fucking line to the brink. If you're not a 230+ bruising RB you have no place in the offense, because he won't create one for you. Even if your talented and already taking a spot up on the roster.

One of my biggest pet peeves is becoming people saying "Schotty had to adapt to what he had in the offense." Which is bullshit. Talking about adapting... How about getting away from the fucking gameplan of running 90+ snaps when the best defense in the league is stacking 9 in the box against you every snap? Maybe switch formations from a 3TE full house set to force them out of it? Maybe run a screen? A draw? A anything but the same play with the same formation agsint the same 9 man box with the same results?

K... I gotta go. Be back to bitch some more later. Sry to crash the thread so hard lol.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Eagles new offense under Chip Kelly is incredible to watch too. This team isn't built for 1930's football, and we haven't been drafting that way. I don't think Schottys the worst offensive coordinator in the world, but he's way too conventional for this personnel.

I don't have much time, so I'll just go off on a little rant about the offense this year.

He used Austin the same as he would Danny Amendola. The most creative he got was basic reverses, and end arounds. The one gadget play we saw with Austin was Fishers design. He was scared to hand the ball off to Austin, even though when he did it usually resulted in big gains, and at the least positive yardage. He refused to use Austin as a decoy or put him in any motion. Per your example, it's something the Saints do constantly with D Sproles.

Richardson got phased out this year, because we refused to run off tackle with him. We never ran without stacking the freaking line to the brink. If you're not a 230+ bruising RB you have no place in the offense, because he won't create one for you. Even if your talented and already taking a spot up on the roster.

One of my biggest pet peeves is becoming people saying "Schotty had to adapt to what he had in the offense." Which is bullshit. Talking about adapting... How about getting away from the freaking gameplan of running 90+ snaps when the best defense in the league is stacking 9 in the box against you every snap? Maybe switch formations from a 3TE full house set to force them out of it? Maybe run a screen? A draw? A anything but the same play with the same formation agsint the same 9 man box with the same results?

K... I gotta go. Be back to bitch some more later. Sry to crash the thread so hard lol.

Hey, I'm just glad to see someone knows the difference between an end-around and a reverse.
Hate it when people say reverse when it is an end-around...like Bailey's end-around reverse in the final home game. People kept calling it a double reverse, so annoying!