I missed the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I had to work yesterday. I thought I would be able to finish in time to at least catch the second half, but it was pretty busy.

I know I missed SJax breaking 1G, what else did I miss? How did the defense play? I know they gave up 27, but I didn't know if it was like previous games where they played well but got gassed and end up giving up scoring drives.

Were the refs as ridiculously terrible and one-sided as last game?

And have a merry X-mas.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
I had to work yesterday. I thought I would be able to finish in time to at least catch the second half, but it was pretty busy.

I know I missed SJax breaking 1G, what else did I miss? How did the defense play? I know they gave up 27, but I didn't know if it was like previous games where they played well but got gassed and end up giving up scoring drives.

Were the refs as ridiculously terrible and one-sided as last game?

And have a merry X-mas.

Merry Christmas, brokeu

I wouldn't exactly say you missed this game.

The officiating from referee Clete Blakeman and crew was fair and balanced -- if memory serves, the Steelers seemed to be getting plenty of flags. There weren't the same kind of bullshit calls ("That's not fucking holding!") that we saw from Jerome Boger last week.

The Rams defense was less than stellar -- once again, they were gashed by the Steelers rushing attack. And they weren't much better against the pass. There were a few times when they had Charlie Batch dead to rights for a sack, and he'd squirt out of it and complete a pass to a wide open receiver. All in all, it was NOT a good day for the Rams' D.

Josh Brown missed 2 FG's -- the first was a 52-yard attempt that hooked left. The second was inside of 40 yards, and he gave it the old "Scott Norwood".

And the Rams' offense...well, the score should tell you all you need to know.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was only 13-0 w/ about 9 mins in the 4th, that's when it started gettin away. When they got into the RZ, they started running straight up the gut (hope Josh McDaniels got the memo).

The OL I thought did pretty well, considering who they went up against. "Only" 3 sacks, could've been a lot worse there.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
steferfootball said:
Is it worth watching the game off my DVR? :boohoo:

Do NOT watch that game. It was as bad as any pathetic beating from 2009......

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Well, I'd watch the first half. The second ...

There was one bogus review call against the Rams. Lloyd made a 3rd down catch that was reviewed. In replays, the ball bounced up into his chest as he was going down, but you never saw the ball hit the turf. The ref assumed it hit the ground when it could also have bounced off his hands. The reversal should not have been made. Cost the Rams a first down on their first series, which would have put them inside the Steelers' 40.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
superfan24 said:
steferfootball said:

NO!!!!
Wasn't the 2nd FG attempt 29 yards?

It was a pitiful miss from 33 yards out. What in the hell has happened to Josh Brown?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ram Quixote said:
Well, I'd watch the first half. The second ...

There was one bogus review call against the Rams. Lloyd made a 3rd down catch that was reviewed. In replays, the ball bounced up into his chest as he was going down, but you never saw the ball hit the turf. The ref assumed it hit the ground when it could also have bounced off his hands. The reversal should not have been made. Cost the Rams a first down on their first series, which would have put them inside the Steelers' 40.

You are right. That killed a pretty decent drive. It should of stood as called.

Another play, a Steeler back looks as if he may have fumbled, the Rams come up with the ball, but we don't even see a replay. I mean it may not have been a fumble but not even a replay from the TV coverage? Give me another look please!

Anonymous

Faceplant said:
steferfootball said:

Do NOT watch that game. It was as bad as any pathetic beating from 2009......

It gets old cheering to beat the shut out but that's been commonplace these last few years (2010 excepted).

Anonymous

Ramhusker said:
superfan24 said:
steferfootball said:

NO!!!!
Wasn't the 2nd FG attempt 29 yards?

It was a pitiful miss from 33 yards out. What in the hell has happened to Josh Brown?

Good question. I suppose lousy play is contagious? Or it's the missing Massey factor?