I love autumn leaves...An Early November Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I was going to get around to this, but I slept a lot. So...let's get it on, shall we?

Cut

Jared Cook, Rodger Saffold, Kenny Britt, Akeem Ayers, Chris Long.

Nobody shocking except for Long...but he saves us money in the long-run, he hasn't been healthy, and Hayes has outplayed him when he has been healthy.

Restructure

James Laurinaitis.

He's going to be making a lot of money. Might need to restructure to extend others.

Franchise

Janoris Jenkins.

The one guy we can't afford to lose this year. I'm willing to franchise him, as he seems willing to test free agency.

Extend

Michael Brockers (four years)
T.J. McDonald (four years)

Both of them are essential to this defense and will need to be re-signed anyway. Why not now?

Re-sign

Trumaine Johnson (three years)
Mark Barron (four years)
Tim Barnes (two years)
William Hayes (one year)
Eugene Sims (one year)
Cory Harkey (three years)
Daren Bates (RFA)
Benny Cunningham (RFA)
Justice Cunningham (ERFA)
Cody Davis (RFA)

This is the first time I'm re-signing Hayes or Sims. It'll only be a stop-gap, but with Chris Long gone, I can't afford to lose more veteran leadership for a young group this year. Hayes and Sims are leaders and good quality depth that we can ill-afford to lose.

Let Go

Rodney McLeod
Nick Fairley
Chase Reynolds
Greg Zuerlein
Brian Quick

Zuerlein and McLeod are the only surprises. Zuerlein has been far too inconsistent for me to give him a contract. McLeod asks for too much and goes somewhere else.

Convert

Lamarcus Joyner (CB-FS)

Joyner makes a perfect replacement for McLeod as the starting safety.

Free Agency

Coby Fleener, TE, Indianapolis Colts (five years, nine million per year).

Yes, he's twenty-seven, but he hasn't had major injuries, he's a good athlete, and unlike Cook, he catches the ball and blocks. He's the type of tight end, like Greg Olsen and Antonio Gates, who will age well.

Trade

Lance Kendricks to the New York Giants for a 2016 third round pick.

The Giants' tight ends are all free agents. Daniel Fells' career is pretty much over, and Larry Donnell is a lesser Jared Cook. With Coughlin possibly gone after this year, maybe now the Giants will actually want a good tight end - and with Fleener and Allen off the market, the Giants go to the trade route.

Draft

1. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU.

2 (Eagles). Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State.

2. Scooby Wright III, LB, Arizona.

3 (Giants). De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State.

3. Max Tuerk, C, USC.

4. Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota.

6. Brad Craddock, K, Maryland.

Thoughts are definitely welcome.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All right. What would you sign Fleener for? He's going to get paid on the market.

Gronk, Jimmy Graham, and Julius Thomas are the only TEs getting paid $9+ million a year. Greg Olsen, Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron, and Jason Witten are the next highest paid TEs at around $7.5 million per year. So my guess would be Fleener gets somewhere in the $7 million dollar range. But I don't think that I want him for that amount of money.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That is the first Kicker highlight reel i've ever watched. Lol.
Kid looks confident & he's an Aussie. I like it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Gronk, Jimmy Graham, and Julius Thomas are the only TEs getting paid $9+ million a year. Greg Olsen, Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron, and Jason Witten are the next highest paid TEs at around $7.5 million per year. So my guess would be Fleener gets somewhere in the $7 million dollar range. But I don't think that I want him for that amount of money.

For seven million, I'd gladly take him over Cook, Kendricks, and any tight end in this class. I like Fleener as a player. I'd take Dwayne Allen as a consolation prize, but the injury history scares me.

That is the first Kicker highlight reel i've ever watched. Lol.
Kid looks confident & he's an Aussie. I like it.

Yeah, Craddock looks really good. He looks to be a lot more consistent than Zuerlein, and he's good on turf and grass. I figure, for a sixth round pick, why not? We're not getting the FSU kicker, Aguayo, and I honestly like Craddock more.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm still standing by GZ, in my opinion he's had one bad miss and the rest is bad luck on blocks & over 50 tries. I like that he's been perfect on the PATs and great on kickoffs. If his 50+ success doesn't even out over the second half then it's time to reconsider, but as of now I'm still bringing him back and happy that the perceived inconsistency will drive his market price down. He's going to be an NFL kicker for the next decade and more, hope it's with the Rams.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm still standing by GZ, in my opinion he's had one bad miss and the rest is bad luck on blocks & over 50 tries. I like that he's been perfect on the PATs and great on kickoffs. If his 50+ success doesn't even out over the second half then it's time to reconsider, but as of now I'm still bringing him back and happy that the perceived inconsistency will drive his market price down. He's going to be an NFL kicker for the next decade and more, hope it's with the Rams.

I'd rather have consistency than potential. He has a horrible percentage, and I'd rather have a guy who can hit the kicks, such as Craddock. And in the sixth round? Why not?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'd rather have consistency than potential. He has a horrible percentage, and I'd rather have a guy who can hit the kicks, such as Craddock. And in the sixth round? Why not?
I fully agree with your statement of consistency over potential, but a draft pick is the very epitome of being only potential. Accuracy in college doesn't automatically mean NFL success. Here's a list of the top recent college kickers by FG%: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/fg-pct-player-career.html , it takes some peering to recognize familiar NFL names. Note the name at the top is familar, Brett Baer hit 90% of his college tries yet the Rams kept GZ over him: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_d89b0c80-ceda-579c-9307-bc3c66963cb8.html Maybe Craddock's 69% will end up a better NFL kicker than GZ, maybe not. I guess it just comes down to if the Rams feel it's time to make a change since GZ's contract is up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because the transition is rarely that smooth. You never know what you'll get. Frankly, I think Zuerlein is a good kicker. He's had some bad luck this year and we've made it tough on him. But kickers tend to be inconsistent over their careers. Guys who give you consistency are pretty rare and guys who give you consistency and a big leg are almost impossible to find.(there are very very few of them...you usually have to sacrifice one or the other)