I know this is WAY to early, but looking ahead to the draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Watching a piss poor performance today, reminded me of 08-11 when we began looking forward to our top 5 pick after week 2. By no means do I think the season is over after 3 games, however I'm constantly thinking about all things Rams past, present, & future.

Some of these positions we have more adequate players for than others, however I think these positions should be addressed in 2014.

1. OG: I'm not sure we can add 2 marquee talents in one year, but I think we can at least grab one. Dahl is a much bigger issue now imo than Williams. Imo Williams has actually been fairly decent. Dahl is so slow & immobile at times I'm starting to view him as a liability. I'd like to add an athletic pulling guard & maybe bump Williams over to RG, but that assumes Williams continues to ascend.

2. RT: While I admit the platoon of the injury prone Saffold & inexperienced Joe Barksdale is better than Barry Richardson, the RT position still needs a better long term answer. The RT is "ideally" supposed to be the oline's best (or one of its best) run blockers, which isn't true this year. I'd like to see us draft a kid, & stash Barksdale for another year.

3. WR: Some may be surprised, but after 3 games I'm seeing little indication that Quick will ever be more than a situational flanker. We saw today one of the reasons he can't consistently see the field: drops. He also has mental lapses he shouldn't be having by now, and I think it may be time for Fish & Snead to admit that they made a mistake(if his flashy, but inconsistent play). I still have high hopes for Sted, but you can't bank on him. Pettis is about as good as he'll get, but isn't a starter (though good situationally). I still have high hopes for TA. Givens needs help on the other side. I think we need to add a savvy vet in FA, & target a top WR in the draft. To me the guy is Sammy Watkins, kinda reminds me of a poor mans Julio Jones

4. FS: I like the McSafties, but I think we're better suited in the long run having McLeod as a 3rd safety/backup nickel/special teams ace. TMac is quickly gaining a reputation as a thumper & has surprised me in coverage. I'd still like to see us target a center field (Earl Thomas) type safety that can create turnovers & make teams think twice about letting it rip against our D.

Idk. Call it venting/ranting, jumping the gun. But these are what I view as our "weaker" links in the chain after 3 weeks, and imo things won't vastly improve at these 4 positions over the course of the year, simply because I think we're limited by the talent at these positions.

For the record I think McLeod is doing a solid job & so is Joe, I just think our team is better with more talent at those positions with those 2 serving as reserves