I know I've been there- Woman rubs butt on museum painting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

With what passes for art these days and the convoluted BS used to justify it.......expressing your disdain by wiping it with your butt seems perfectly normal. The work in question is appraised at $30 million.

clyffordstill_001.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: I know I've been there- Woman rubs butt on museum paint

squeaky wheel said:
With what passes for art these days and the convoluted BS used to justify it.......expressing your disdain by wiping it with your butt seems perfectly normal. The work in question is appraised at $30 million.

clyffordstill_001.jpg

My wife is a professional artist. My Mom is a professional artist. The attention this kind of bullshit "art" gets just pisses me off. Most of these dipshits can't even draw yet they give a monkey some paint and tell him to act depressed and voila - his work is from the troubled soul of the artist - BRILLIANT! Stupid fucks. I truly hate these elitist idiots who put that kind of value on crap and then act like they are the enlightened ones. Hope the chick left a mark - unfortunately it would probably add millions to the value.

bluecoconuts

Legend

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

clyffordstill_001.jpg

My wife is a professional artist. My Mom is a professional artist. The attention this kind of bullshit "art" gets just pisses me off. Most of these dipshits can't even draw yet they give a monkey some paint and tell him to act depressed and voila - his work is from the troubled soul of the artist - BRILLIANT! Stupid fucks. I truly hate these elitist idiots who put that kind of value on crap and then act like they are the enlightened ones. Hope the chick left a mark - unfortunately it would probably add millions to the value.

My dad is the same way with art, as well as photographs. When he sees pictures on Facebook he gets annoyed. There's a lot of people (usually young girls) who have 500 black and white pictures of nothing, and they give a witty caption and the shutter speed and think they're photographers.

He was lucky to be able to be really successful in the field of art though, so he got lucky.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

clyffordstill_001.jpg

My wife is a professional artist. My Mom is a professional artist. The attention this kind of BS "art" gets just pisses me off. Most of these dipshits can't even draw yet they give a monkey some paint and tell him to act depressed and voila - his work is from the troubled soul of the artist - BRILLIANT! Stupid freaks. I truly hate these elitist idiots who put that kind of value on crap and then act like they are the enlightened ones. Hope the chick left a mark - unfortunately it would probably add millions to the value.

Adds to the story so yes it probably will add to the value. Crazy moronic shit. Elitist nails it perfectly. Reminds me of the Jackson Pollack garbage (though I can actually see a plan in much of his stuff) that is appraised in the millions. Yet an old lady truck driver picks one up in a junk store and the 'art establishment' refuses to authenticate it as a Pollack......although his finger print is on the back of the painting and the paint used matches that on Pollack's studio floor. She received an offer of $10 million from a Saudi prince but turned it down. Basically the art establishment is waiting for her to die in order to get a big discount on that painting.

What type of art does your mom and your wife work in? Lots of older listed art entering the market these days.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

clyffordstill_001.jpg

My wife is a professional artist. My Mom is a professional artist. The attention this kind of BS "art" gets just pisses me off. Most of these dipshits can't even draw yet they give a monkey some paint and tell him to act depressed and voila - his work is from the troubled soul of the artist - BRILLIANT! Stupid freaks. I truly hate these elitist idiots who put that kind of value on crap and then act like they are the enlightened ones. Hope the chick left a mark - unfortunately it would probably add millions to the value.

Adds to the story so yes it probably will add to the value. Crazy moronic shit. Elitist nails it perfectly. Reminds me of the Jackson Pollack garbage (though I can actually see a plan in much of his stuff) that is appraised in the millions. Yet an old lady truck driver picks one up in a junk store and the 'art establishment' refuses to authenticate it as a Pollack......although his finger print is on the back of the painting and the paint used matches that on Pollack's studio floor. She received an offer of $10 million from a Saudi prince but turned it down. Basically the art establishment is waiting for her to die in order to get a big discount on that painting.

What type of art does your mom and your wife work in? Lots of older listed art entering the market these days.

Go to Becky Miller Artist on Facebook and VelMiller.com and you can see some of what they do.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:
RamFan503 said:
squeaky wheel said:

clyffordstill_001.jpg

Adds to the story so yes it probably will add to the value. Crazy moronic shyte. Elitist nails it perfectly. Reminds me of the Jackson Pollack garbage (though I can actually see a plan in much of his stuff) that is appraised in the millions. Yet an old lady truck driver picks one up in a junk store and the 'art establishment' refuses to authenticate it as a Pollack......although his finger print is on the back of the painting and the paint used matches that on Pollack's studio floor. She received an offer of $10 million from a Saudi prince but turned it down. Basically the art establishment is waiting for her to die in order to get a big discount on that painting.

Go to Becky Miller Artist on Facebook and VelMiller.com and you can see some of what they do.

Wow they are both extremely talented!