I Know - Another Bradford Post

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey guys - I have been out a lot with business but I just wanted to say a few things about our QB.

I have always been in Sam's corner. I have seen the potential in him from the beginning. He was born on the same day as myself (and my dog Sam) so there is obviously a little extra emotion there.

Though some might view me as an "apologist", I have always talked about the areas I felt he could improve upon.

All this being said, I have finally been able to watch his play against Cleveland and the previous game as well as his beginning to the 2013 season. The guy has the talent and the brains. No doubt in my mind.

I feel bad for the kid - and not his millions in salary. He has a very special talent. I think anyone who has really watched his play sees that. Would things have been different if he were able to come into an organization with even decent talent around him and succeed? I think so but don't blame those who doubt it.

My opinion of the situation is that I really want us to restructure his deal and keep him as a Ram. If he doesn't want to restructure his deal, I also think that is his way of saying he doesn't know he can actually play in this league. If that is the case, I wouldn't suggest we go out of our way to keep him because he has to be the realist now. But if he is willing to negotiate a team friendly deal, that tells me he still wants to play and be great.

Will the team reciprocate even if he does want to? I dunno. Their careers are on the line too and in reality, they are still fairly young for their careers.

All in all - I don't think either direction should paint a bad picture of our organization. I have loved my Rams for almost 50 years now and this is but a fleeting page. A sad one for me personally but the TEAM I have watched for so many years is the real concern.

GO RAMS!!!

And I believe in the organization (now again) and Hill's ability to lead this team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know Bradford's mother posts on this board.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm right there with ya buddy. Only I've been with them 33 years. That is our only difference.

*I honestly don't know what goes on in our world or nation, personal preference but I am a ridiculous Rams addict, it's the only drug I can't quit even some bad rehab years bring me back like always

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't see Sam coming back to the Rams. I can see him wanting fresh start elsewhere if he can find one. I just hope it is not with the Cardinals...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Man, how long is it gonna sting thinking about replacement options, not just this year but the future ahead. Especially when his play resembled that of an elite QB IMO this preseason, I even had a feeling on that first drive when it became 3rd and 25 that we should just run it and actually said live to see another drive. Didn't think my words would be so literal..

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hope there's a way he sticks around and the team sees a massive relief in pay and cap but my gut says it's going to be a cut.

I'm not up on caps and never will be. If it's between having the money to secure the rest of the team and Sam, I choose the team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see Sam coming back to the Rams. I can see him wanting fresh start elsewhere if he can find one. I just hope it is not with the Cardinals...
Naw - I get yuh man. If that is the way it goes then so be it. Both side have to move on in one way or another. I won't fault either side in that case. I will admit though, I will feel a little jilted if he becomes what I think he has the potential for if it is not with us.

It's all what it is. I have to admit that I'm just a little more than depressed right now. That passing motion and zip on his passes that he posses is something I don't see in much more heralded passers and that will always haunt me as a "what if". Jim Everett was much like that player to me - HUGE talent but.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe Bradford can put in a good word for him to Michael Sam
Huh? Don't mean to be daft, but I honestly don't get the connection. Certainly not the first time - as you know - Iced. Got the blue font but missing the joke. Maybe my sense of humor is all screwed up right now.

iced

Huh? Don't mean to be daft, but I honestly don't get the connection. Certainly not the first time - as you know - Iced. Got the blue font but missing the joke. Maybe my sense of humor is all screwed up right now.

lol was going with the whole "in love with bradford" theme, but he's straight.... eh probably could have delivered it differently

RamzFanz

Damnit
Naw - I get yuh man. If that is the way it goes then so be it. Both side have to move on in one way or another. I won't fault either side in that case. I will admit though, I will feel a little jilted if he becomes what I think he has the potential for if it is not with us.

It's all what it is. I have to admit that I'm just a little more than depressed right now. That passing motion and zip on his passes that he posses is something I don't see in much more heralded passers and that will always haunt me as a "what if". Jim Everett was much like that player to me - HUGE talent but.....

If he passes on an opportunity to stay with the Rams, I'll be Jilted on him. Dude has been paid. It's in his court to acknowledge that this team stood by him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope there's a way he sticks around and the team sees a massive relief in pay and cap but my gut says it's going to be a cut.

I'm not up on caps and never will be. If it's between having the money to secure the rest of the team and Sam, I choose the team.
Yeah - the cap stuff is more than I want/need to concentrate on. I choose the TEAM first as well.

And in reality, you would think there HAS to be some massive relief in cap hit in order for him to stay a Ram. I have never faulted the team or Sam for his contract. I don't think any team would have been able to or would have done it differently.

Cheers man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lol was going with the whole "in love with bradford" theme, but he's straight.... eh probably could have delivered it differently
No problem. I think I know your MO by now. I'm in quite a mood since all this. I was even in a worse mood after watching his performance leading up to this and then going back and re-watching his play. What a shame.

Welp... onward and upward.

GO RAMS!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If he passes on an opportunity to stay with the Rams, I'll be Jilted on him. Dude has been paid. It's in his court to acknowledge that this team stood by him.
I agree to an extent - this IS the NFL. But if he sees an opportunity to play with another team, his heart may just tell him to go for it if we decide to cut him. Bright side is that I do believe that if another team signs him, that gives us cap relief as well. Not sure on this of course as we've already established.

I dunno man - I'm just freaking depressed over the whole situation. I watch the balls coming out of his hand and then I watch the other options we have. I like Hill as a back-up and I think he can do well with the team we have finally built but I can't help but see how talented the kid (Sam) really is. Great passing mechanics, real zip, the accuracy - holy crap. But then again, Hill possesses a different awareness and the will to just throw the pass that forces the receiver to win the play. Who knows?

I still think this team is making the playoffs. I just think a healthy Bradford would have given us a decided edge come playoff time. Yeah - I'm myopic.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Hey guys - I have been out a lot with business but I just wanted to say a few things about our QB.

I have always been in Sam's corner. I have seen the potential in him from the beginning. He was born on the same day as myself (and my dog Sam) so there is obviously a little extra emotion there.

Though some might view me as an "apologist", I have always talked about the areas I felt he could improve upon.

All this being said, I have finally been able to watch his play against Cleveland and the previous game as well as his beginning to the 2013 season. The guy has the talent and the brains. No doubt in my mind.

I feel bad for the kid - and not his millions in salary. He has a very special talent. I think anyone who has really watched his play sees that. Would things have been different if he were able to come into an organization with even decent talent around him and succeed? I think so but don't blame those who doubt it.

My opinion of the situation is that I really want us to restructure his deal and keep him as a Ram. If he doesn't want to restructure his deal, I also think that is his way of saying he doesn't know he can actually play in this league. If that is the case, I wouldn't suggest we go out of our way to keep him because he has to be the realist now. But if he is willing to negotiate a team friendly deal, that tells me he still wants to play and be great.

Will the team reciprocate even if he does want to? I dunno. Their careers are on the line too and in reality, they are still fairly young for their careers.

All in all - I don't think either direction should paint a bad picture of our organization. I have loved my Rams for almost 50 years now and this is but a fleeting page. A sad one for me personally but the TEAM I have watched for so many years is the real concern.

GO RAMS!!!

And I believe in the organization (now again) and Hill's ability to lead this team.

Well said bro. Cheers :cheers: