I just hope the Rams aren't pressured to keep Michael Sam if he doesn't cut the mustard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sam is a football player, his performance will be analyzed as such. The Gays are after equal rights, not special treatment. None the less, Sam's NFL carreer will be under a microscope for its duration.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My stance is I'm not going to talk about Michael Sam's sexual preferences. I don't talk about any of the other Ram's sexual lifestyles so I'm not going to give Sam's any special treatment. The quicker people ignore the media circus that has been created, the quicker the talking heads will move on to the next show and we and the Rams can think FOOTBALL. Time to crack heads will be here before you know it and our team won't have time for any sideshows. I think all Sam wants to do is play football and be himself. Let's let him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Fisher's hardly some chump rookie who'll bend because of the media. Hell I remind you this guy did everything in his power to push Young out of Tennessee despite the direct order of his OWNER. What the hell does the media mean to a man with the testicular fortitude of Fisher?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Ultimately I think Sam making the team will boil down to how much he can contribute on special teams. If he can be a very productive ST player I think he has a decent shot to make the team. How often did guys like Daren Bates and Cody Davis see the field outside of ST? Not often. This shows that those 50-53 range players on your roster can often be purely special teams players

Mick

Pro Bowler
My concern is that the distraction from outside the locker room, from both sports and non-sports media, should he get cut, will have a negative affect on the team. I think it's already started with Sam's tweet that based on his last college season he should have gone in the first three rounds. I don't like the insinuation that the reason he didn't MIGHT be based on his sexual orientation. He just needs to do what all rookies do...shut up, keep your head down, pay attention to your coaches, and work your ass off.