I just don't get it.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am terrified of heights. Wont even put my self in the position of having to deal with them. Worst experience was when I was a teenager some buddies took me to a swimming hole. It was pretty far out in the woods. The swimming hole was great but there was a shear cliff 30 or 40 feet high with a large tree over hanging the river. The water was deep there and everyone got the bright idea to jump from the tree off the cliff into the water. Why I went along with it I don't know. Maybe whiskey courage. Anyway one after another they went. Oh its great. Everyone is laughing having a grand time. My turn, I climbed out there on this huge tree 40 feet up over the river and just freeze. Cant move, cant jump, cant go back. (guys behind me) Do not know how long I was out there but at that point spending the rest of my life locked on that tree limb seemed just fine to me. Finally I jumped but only because it was a walk the plank situation if I hadn't I would have been thrown off. Never again. Surprisingly it doesn't run in the family. My brother worked high steel for years.

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's only gotten worse for me....

We go to our condo on the Gulf Coast twice a year. It's great except that the unit is on the 21st floor.

I get a bit shaken just looking over the balcony railing. My wife will lean on the railing to look down on the beach and it is all I can do not to go over and pull her away.

Embarrassing

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's only gotten worse for me....

We go to our condo on the Gulf Coast twice a year. It's great except that the unit is on the 21st floor.

I get a bit shaken just looking over the balcony railing. My wife will lean on the railing to look down on the beach and it is all I can do not to go over and pull her away.

Embarrassing

Where on the Gulf?

I live in SWFL.........

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

You can see that this one is hundreds of feet up... what you don't really get the feel for is the speed. You reach speeds of over 60 miles per hour.

It started raining half way down the volcano too.

I would be fine on a zip line that wasn't high enough in the air to cause guaranteed death... those are nothing like this one.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
A buddy and I rode our bikes up the Oakland Hills for a pretty good workout in the mid '90s, then after a short rest flew down the steep 3-4mile streets to the bottom of the hill. Neither of us wore a helmet.

At one point, going probably 35-40mph, my front end started shaking violently, I nearly panicked, then I locked my arms and steadied my ride. I shudder, even 20 years later when I think that I would have probably died, if not for that split second decision. God was watching over this dumb-ass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not afraid of heights, but that just seems stupid in my opinion. That's the difference between that kid and these guys, they're up much higher, but they're not being idiots.

I am not kidding. My hands were soaking wet watching this.

They are wearing a BASE jump chute, right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not kidding. My hands were soaking wet watching this.

They are wearing a BASE jump chute, right?
They're also tying off. I've seen videos of dudes climbing the tallest buildings in the world with nothing but a pair of gloves.
And I'm not posting them either. I'm in permanent clench mode because of this stupid thread. lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nope.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bunch of wimps!!!!! No, those last couple were beyond insane!