I hope we either win out or lose out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
We either need to go 10-6 or 4-12. I'll take 9-7 or 5-11. I want a winning season, but if we can't get that we need to be in the best position possible to fix our QB situation. An 8-8 finish would be horrible. So I'm going to root for us to win Sunday, but if we lose I hope we majorly tank.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't want them to lose out. Even if it happened that way while they were trying hard as hell to win, I'd still hate the shit out of that.

Stel

Starter

Agree, but to be honest, 8-8 seems unattainable at this point. I'm having trouble seeing 4 more wins.

fearsomefour

Legend
With Detroit, Tampa Bay, SF on the schedule and our knack of playing Arizona and Seattle tough, I will take that 7 win over**

**I am a terrible at gambling.

My second lock o the year is Dallas over Carolina.
My first was the Colts covering vs New England.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The odds of us doing either are extremely low. We'll most likely end up 7-9 or 8-8.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As depressed as i am, if the Rams somehow manage to win this week I'll be dreaming of 10 and 6 again.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The odds of us doing either are extremely low. We'll most likely end up 7-9 or 8-8.
I agree, but to me 7-9 or 8-8 would be the worst possible outcome.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
One of those seems a lot more likely than the other.

Either way, let's hope Philly loses out, eh?

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of those seems a lot more likely than the other.

Either way, let's hope Philly loses out, eh?
Agreed. If both the Rams and Philly lose out our draft standing will be much better and maybe we can fix the offense. I'm still rooting for 10-6/9-7, but after the last 2 games I put that at a 5% chance of happening. One day this team will be good. One day.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I never wish 4-12. Continuing to draft in the top 10 means key FA's won't want to come here. And I never want us to lose just for a draft pick.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I never root for a loss....ever.

This team needs to play up to the potential their roster demands that they do. Period. The season is over when it's over and we damn well better fight like hell to the end.

Losing is habitual, teams don't just turn it on and off.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We're not going to win out or lose out. With all of Fisher's deficiencies the one thing he's good at is mediocrity. They'll find a way to win one we never expected. 6-10 or 7-9 is where we'll end up.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My fear is with every loss going forward there is the real possibility of Fisher losing the locker room. Considering Jenkins comments after last week's loss, I can see this young team starting to crack. Losing sucks, and the team could implode if they don't get back to winning some games. Free agents are going to run far far from this team if things don't get better, unless Fisher can convince them they are only a couple pieces away from being great.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
As long as there's still a chance for the playoffs I want them to win, but once the playoffs are no longer possible I would rather be in a position to draft a top QB then to win 2 or 3 meaningless games.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel lost. Sucking for QB is abject failure to me. I hear Goff is supposed to be ok, but I havn't heard of any prosepect that is the next, Elway, Marino, or Rodgers....Tom Brady wasn't a first round pick and neither was Russell Wilson.....I have no confidence in Fisher ball in year 4, and there seems to be no rumblings of a change...I will be thankful for a win Sunday, just because I am tired of losing....I want the bragging rights for 6-0 in the NFC West, and thats where I stand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Depressing talk but it's that time of year for us isn't it? Win out and cross your fingers for a playoff slot, or lose for a better draft pick is so depressing. All we can do is cheer for the wins and try and look on the bright side of defeats which is improved draft position. Sad thing is we've opened that higher draft pick present way too many Christmases in a row now and you just can't return them to the store.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We're not going to win out or lose out. With all of Fisher's deficiencies the one thing he's good at is mediocrity. They'll find a way to win one we never expected. 6-10 or 7-9 is where we'll end up.
I don't know that Fisher is mediocre. Maybe his wealth of .500 records over 21 years would make people think that, but mediocre coaches don't last 21 years, win division titles, get into multiple playoff games or go to a Super Bowl. And I often wonder what kind of impression people would come away with if they were actually afforded the opportunity to sit down with Fisher and talk football X's and O's, philosophy, and team building. Actually hear him out and understand what he's trying to build in the way of not only culture, but also tradition. I seriously doubt anyone would come away from a meeting like that and harbor any doubts about his qualifications or desire.