I hope the Rams get ...... In the 1st Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With our two 1st rd picks i'm hoping for:

Tavon Austin and Best available OLineman.

wolfman84

Rookie
I agree that Warmack and Austin would be ideal. Snead and Company may just do some wheeling and dealing if they see it the same way. The talking heads have now listed about 20 players who are going in the top ten. My preferences at 16 would be Warmack, Austin, Patterson. If all three are gone that means there's a damn good player that has fallen to us that may not be seen as a position of need but would be wise to grab. Wouldn't mind Cyprien at 22 either. Some may see that as a reach but I think he'll turn out to be the best safety in this class.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Anything but a Running Back. Seriously, we spent a 2nd rounder on Pead, I'd like to at least give him a go before we use a 1st rounder there.

I want one of the top 3 WRs.

…..

Legend
HE WITH HORNS said:
Anything but a Running Back. Seriously, we spent a 2nd rounder on Pead, I'd like to at least give him a go before we use a 1st rounder there.

Interesting....you dont want a RB because we spent a 2nd round pick. But you want a reciever despite the fact we spent a higher 2nd round pick?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

Interesting....you dont want a RB because we spent a 2nd round pick. But you want a reciever despite the fact we spent a higher 2nd round pick?

thats not a very good comparison the 2 positions are utilized differently where as one would like to see what pead can do as well as Richardson
the wr position has room for depth and improvment hence why I would like to see us get a wr in the 1st or 2nd and not a rb

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

We carried 6 WRs on the roster last year. We carried 4 RBs. There's more developmental room on the roster for receivers than RBs, so picking more players of the same type as Quick is simply smart.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Vaccaro and Lacy. Put me on record as one who doesn't think warmack, Austin or Patterson make it to 16.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd take Patterson and Cooper if I could have them.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
ScotsRam said:
Vaccaro and Lacy. Put me on record as one who doesn't think warmack, Austin or Patterson make it to 16.

Same here put Mr on that list

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
After watching Hopkins use his body to shield defenders and adjust to passes I really hope we go after him.

So I would like to see cooper and Hopkins.

…..

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

We carried 6 WRs on the roster last year. We carried 4 RBs. There's more developmental room on the roster for receivers than RBs, so picking more players of the same type as Quick is simply smart.

Yes i get all that...but you dont draft one of the "top three" wr's for depth and development. If you draft a WR with one of the two 1st round picks, the message I get is that we need a starting WR. If we're so proud of our 2nd round running back to prevent us from going back to the well early in this draft, then we're probably equally proud of our 2nd round reciever.

Another point is that the RB position, in my mind, is NOT as solidified as the reciever postion in terms of "knowing what we currently have"....especially where Pead is concerned.

as far as the roster goes, then yes we need more wr's. I'd expect 1 to come from the draft, and 1 or two from bargain free angency. But with the addition of our new pass catching TE slash w/r wannabe, It would not alarm me to see us go into the year with 5 wr's.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The Dog said:
Ram Quixote said:
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

Yes i get all that...[hil]but you dont draft one of the "top three" wr's for depth and development[/hil]. If you draft a WR with one of the two 1st round picks, the message I get is that we need a starting WR. If we're so proud of our 2nd round running back to prevent us from going back to the well early in this draft, then we're probably equally proud of our 2nd round reciever.

Another point is that the RB position, in my mind, is NOT as solidified as the reciever postion in terms of "knowing what we currently have"....especially where Pead is concerned.

as far as the roster goes, then yes we need more wr's. I'd expect 1 to come from the draft, and 1 or two from bargain free angency. But with the addition of our new pass catching TE slash w/r wannabe, It would not alarm me to see us go into the year with 5 wr's.
That would be true if the top three in this draft were sure things, but they aren't. Besides, having more weapons for Bradford isn't a bad thing.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Well, Richardson did pretty well in limited action, and Pead didn't get alot of chances. We had a guy named Steven Jackson that kept those guys off the field.

But depending on Brian Quick? The guy couldn't get playing time over Gibson and Pettis? Really? I take a WR in the 1st without hesitation.

And there are more positions for starting WRs than there are for RB.

…..

Legend
HE WITH HORNS said:
Well, Richardson did pretty well in limited action, and Pead didn't get alot of chances. We had a guy named Steven Jackson that kept those guys off the field.

But depending on Brian Quick? The guy couldn't get playing time over Gibson and Pettis? Really? I take a WR in the 1st without hesitation.

Ok, I'll play along. Using your logic....even though in your example Amendola absorbed a fair share of the playing time too.

Depend on Pead? The guy that couldnt get playing time over a compensation 7th rounder? Really?

I take a RB in the first without hesitation.

:bg:

Its not that I'm blowing the horn for a 1st round RB here...I do realize we need to add WR's obviously....I just dont get the comfort level everyone sees in our RB situation as opposed to our reciever situation. Consider the 3 RB's on our roster have a total of 340 snap counts in thier careers, with 90% of those going to one guy, Richardson. Where as the 3 recievers in question have a total of 1171 snap counts, with a little better distribution between the three, 50% for Givens, 35% for Pettis and 15% for Quick. Plus Pettis and Quick played alot more special teams.

I'd wager that Fisher is ALOT less concerned about his recievers than he is about his running backs. Thats jmo and we might not ever find out, but thats my gut feeling on the matter.

fwiw....I'd draft Warmack/Vacarro or Lacy/Vaccaro if those fell to us.

Then I'd take a WR later if I was enamored by one... because I still believe in my two from last year. For development, I'd pluck the best guy I could get of someone practice squad.

Some of you guys are showin shades of Millen....keep drafting WR's till you finally hit on one?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

Ok, I'll play along. Using your logic....even though in your example Amendola absorbed a fair share of the playing time too.

Depend on Pead? The guy that couldnt get playing time over a compensation 7th rounder? Really?

Its not that I'm blowing the horn for a 1st round RB here...I do realize we need to add WR's obviously....I just dont get the comfort level everyone sees in our RB situation as opposed to our reciever situation. Consider the 3 RB's on our roster have a total of 340 snap counts in thier careers, with 90% of those going to one guy, Richardson. Where as the 3 recievers in question have a total of 1171 snap counts, with a little better distribution between the three, 50% for Givens, 35% for Pettis and 15% for Quick. Plus Pettis and Quick played alot more special teams.

I'd wager that Fisher is ALOT less concerned about his recievers than he is about his running backs. Thats jmo and we might not ever find out, but thats my gut feeling on the matter.

Then I'd take a WR later if I was enamored by one... because I still believe in my two from last year. For development, I'd pluck the best guy I could get of someone practice squad.

Some of you guys are showin shades of Millen....keep drafting WR's till you finally hit on one?

Yeah, but Millen kept drafting them in the first round. :cheese: Guess the name of the last receiver we drafted in the first round.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Since I think Warmack, Cooper and Richardson will be off the board.

I would take Kenny Vaccaro... Then at 22 (still predict trade down) take OG Warford or Sylvester Williams DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PressureD41 said:

I would take Kenny Vaccaro... Then at 22 (still predict trade down) take OG Warford or Sylvester Williams DT

I do like Warford (If, the Rams can't get Warmack at 16)! Do you think he will be available at 46 or will the Rams have to get him earlier?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The Dog said:
HE WITH HORNS said:

We took a big loss on Jackson, I will admit, but WR is the biggest point of weakness on this team. Givens is going to be good this year, but other than that, we are screwed. Lets take a WR in round one, and according to all the draft experts, there are 3 guys we can take there and its not a reach.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
paceram said:
PressureD41 said:

I do like Warford (If, the Rams can't get Warmack at 16)! Do you think he will be available at 46 or will the Rams have to get him earlier?

At this point, I think that the Rams have to pick Warford at #22 if they want him. There's too many teams that need O-line help between #22 and #46.