I hope the Rams get ...... In the 1st Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Which two players will you be happy (or, at least satisfied) to see the Rams get in the 1st Round? Personally, I will am hoping the Rams get two of the below players:

Chance Warmack
Tavon Austin
Jonathan Cooper
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Kenny Vaccaro
Sheldon Richardson

I will be thrilled if the Rams end up with Warmack and Austin!

Speeps

Starter
Personally, I would love to see Chance Warmack and Tavon Austin.

I think the Rams can get a really good safety and olb in rounds 2-3.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
Personally, I would love to see Chance Warmack and Tavon Austin.

I think the Rams can get a really good safety and olb in rounds 2-3.

Totally agree!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
paceram said:
Which two players will you be happy (or, at least satisfied) to see the Rams get in the 1st Round? Personally, I will am hoping the Rams get two of the below players:

Chance Warmack
Tavon Austin
Jonathan Cooper
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Kenny Vaccaro
Sheldon Richardson

The problem is; I don't think any of these guys see pick 22.

EXCEPT: Arthur Brown is more than likely a second rounder. I would not want him at 22.

If I could dream; Warmack and Austin. But it's not gonna happen.

nittany ram

Rookie
paceram said:

Chance Warmack
Tavon Austin
Jonathan Cooper
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Kenny Vaccaro
Sheldon Richardson

Ogletree is the only player on that list I wouldn't want.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
CGI_Ram said:
If I could dream; Warmack and Austin. But it's not gonna happen.
Unfortunately, I agree.

I think alot of Rams fans will be disappointed after the 1st rnd cause their expectations are too high.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
interference said:
I think alot of Rams fans will be disappointed after the 1st rnd cause their expectations are too high.

I disagree IMO the Rams will end up with Warmack, Austin or Patterson with their first pick and then we'll see how it plays out. You never know how a draft is going to play out and IMO QB's will go higher than some think because once one falls other teams get nervous.

I love Warmack & Austin because IMO Patterson is raw like Quick and the Rams need a WR that can make an impact. In the broad scheme of things how can Ram fans come away disappointed with two first round picks?

I trust the regime and I don't get caught up in "We have to have this guy." Remember many fans were somewhat upset with how the draft went in 2012 and I am sure glad to have Michael Brockers at DT!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Eddie Lacy and Tavon Austin/Justin Hunter.

Don't think they'll take an OG after Jake Long.

Playmaker

Give me Sheldon Richardson and DJ Fluker at #16 & #22. 2nd Round go FS D.J. Swearinger from South Carolina, 3rd round CB Darius Slay from Mississippi State, 4th Round WR Marquise Goodwin from Texas, 5th Round either RB Christine Michael (Texas A&M) or Le'Veon Bell (Michigan State), 6th Round DE Michael Buchanon (Illinois), 7th Round S Ray Ray Armstong (Miami)

Richardson will likely be gone. In that case the Rams might go Coradelle Patterson at #16, although his lack of production against SEC Schools, plus the fact he put up 20% of his entire season production in one game against Troy.

I do like Alec Ogletree a lot. The problem is he is a 4-3 WLB. And with the league being pass happy, drafting Ogletree means either Dunbar, Laurinaitis, or Ogletree would be a 2 down player. Dunbar makes 3 million, Laurinaitis around 5 million, and Ogletree a 1st round pick. So I don't think they'll go OLB early.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Tavon Austin (I just hope he's available) and then Jonathan Cyprien while I realize he's a strong safety it still wouldn't surprise me.

I like others thoughts in this thread and similar ones w/ the like of a guard, DT, or another named safety.

Last year most if not all figured Blackmon until the Jags pulled a magic trick which I think in the long run pays off more for us. I don't think we'll trade out of 16 or 22 though.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
paceram said:

Chance Warmack
Tavon Austin
Jonathan Cooper
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Kenny Vaccaro
Sheldon Richardson

Its not the popular pick but I dont see warmack dropping past Tennessee I believe at 16 we pick Johnathan Cooper and finish upgrading our o line because football starts and finishes in the trenches.

Now with 22 yet again not a popular pick but having been around Fisher so long I believe we go Alec ogletree and shore up our hole at strong side linebacker.

Now if Austin is available this may change but I dont see Austin or Patterson falling to us at 16. And since wr is deeper then either of the 2 positions I chose I believe thats where fish will go

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
paceram said:

Chance Warmack
Tavon Austin
Jonathan Cooper
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alec Ogletree
Arthur Brown
Kenny Vaccaro
Sheldon Richardson

I'm on the same train as you Pace. Warmack/Austin would be perfect.

1B Cooper/Patterson.

Although I think only 2-3 of these guys will make it to us at 16. But here's to hoping.

Kenny Vaccaro and Justin Hunter. I really like Hunter in particular, love his athletic ability matched with good hands.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
den-the-coach said:
interference said:

I disagree IMO the Rams will end up with Warmack, Austin or Patterson with their first pick and then we'll see how it plays out. You never know how a draft is going to play out and IMO QB's will go higher than some think because once one falls other teams get nervous.

I love Warmack & Austin because IMO Patterson is raw like Quick and the Rams need a WR that can make an impact. In the broad scheme of things how can Ram fans come away disappointed with two first round picks?

I trust the regime and I don't get caught up in "We have to have this guy."
Remember many fans were somewhat upset with how the draft went in 2012 and I am sure glad to have Michael Brockers at DT!
I trust the regime as well, but I just don't see how Warmack, Patterson or Austin fall to 16. If we want one of these guys, I say we have to move-up.

And I think if we don't get any of these guys, we're going to hear a lot of balking out of fans, maybe even some of them here at ROD.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
i would really like the chance to get Warmack and turn our line into a monster. Then draft a WR like Patterson or Austin

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
interference said:
den-the-coach said:
interference said:

Remember many fans were somewhat upset with how the draft went in 2012 and I am sure glad to have Michael Brockers at DT!
I trust the regime as well, but I just don't see how Warmack, Patterson or Austin fall to 16. If we want one of these guys, I say we have to move-up.

And I think if we don't get any of these guys, we're going to hear a lot of balking out of fans, maybe even some of them here at ROD.

I guess we will see who truley trust the regime

Maybe we should start a post of what we want if Patterson Austin and warmack are gone

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Rabid Ram said:
interference said:
den-the-coach said:
interference said:

I guess we will see who truley trust the regime

Maybe we should start a post of what we want if Patterson Austin and warmack are gone
Sounds like a good plan.

But I will go on record right now and say that I am cool with whomever they pick, and I'm okay with it NOT being one of the names pushed by the media.