I hope McVay makes guys this accountable

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
....because this team needs it.....a disciplinarian especially coming in as a new head coach but also 30 years old.

I dislike the Patriots as much as the next guy, but this is a really good article. Bellichick doesn't care who you are -- he will rip Brady in front of the team as much as anyone else when he makes a mistake, and its painfully obvious the Rams have not had this kind of accountability in the past under Fisher.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/18/nfl-tom-brady-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots

The Grudens arent afraid to tear people a new ass, so I hope that part of him rubbed off on him because way too many small mistakes happen which turn into losses when you add them up. Penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, blown coverages -- this team needs accountability and a reality check as much as anything. Especially being in L.A.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm him, I install my schemes, coach them up, give them a chance to succeed.

After a reasonable period of time, if they do not perform? I quietly bench them.

Many times, the less said, the more impactful.

But give them a shot under the new schemes and see how they respond.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Part of what makes that work is definitely Brady, some guys, especially QB's, don't want to be yelled at and feel they shouldn't. Goff doesn't seem like he's someone who can't take a little heat, which is good. I'm sure McVay will know what to do with each player, that's going to be the benefit of getting a young guy, he can connect with them. He'll figure out how to get the best out of guys, I'm not worried about that.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
The one thing I feel confident about with McVay is that he seems to be a great communicator from seeing and reading some of his press conferences. Being a good communicator should allow him to build good relationships with the players and coaches and have people buy into his system.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Just wait for that Irish temper to show up

Rkekk_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
....because this team needs it.....a disciplinarian especially coming in as a new head coach but also 30 years old.

I dislike the Patriots as much as the next guy, but this is a really good article. Bellichick doesn't care who you are -- he will rip Brady in front of the team as much as anyone else when he makes a mistake, and its painfully obvious the Rams have not had this kind of accountability in the past under Fisher.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/18/nfl-tom-brady-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots

The Grudens arent afraid to tear people a new ass, so I hope that part of him rubbed off on him because way too many small mistakes happen which turn into losses when you add them up. Penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, blown coverages -- this team needs accountability and a reality check as much as anything. Especially being in L.A.

How about that, I literally just finished reading this after Breer tweeted the article. As an avid Pats hater and current resident of New England, I still have respect for how Bellicheck runs that team. I only hopeMcVay can carefully establish himself in this manner. Quick, what's Sean's social media account so I can send it to him? Lol

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
There's a fine line between discipline and yelling at your players, hope McVay understands that. Mike Zimmer openly blasted his players in post-game conferences, which is a bad example for disciplining players.

Zero

Pro Bowler

Just from listening to McVay speak,he comes off as a very determined
man.Seems to be a very direct and straight shooting personality.
I don't think he will have any problem commanding a room or telling someone
to clean out their locker.I don't know if he will be as much of a disciplinarian
as Gruden,but I don't think he will run a day spa as Fisher did.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams players do not need a disciplinarian. That was not the problem with this team. The problem is offensively we did not have teachers and gameplanners who gave them an edge. The latent talent has not all shown on the field as a result on offense, and it has affected the product and win/loss column just like we saw in '98.

If you look at this team, they did fight hard and struggled together without infighting. But they just didn't have a real shot with the offensive staff over them. They should have an edge now in gameplanning, where the plan they install is going to be accurate and is going to get them the matchups they desire. Goff is going to actually see what he expects to see, what he is prepared to see, and he's going to have the concepts behind what they're doing down, and it will make a big difference.

Of course one of these guys will try him, and he's going to have to put that BS down quick. But again all that stuff, IMO, is overplayed in the media. Rams have a lot of good pieces that are gonna be just fine with better coaching.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
obvious the Rams have not had this kind of accountability in the past under Fisher.

Not true. He benched Chris Givens and Janoris Jenkins their rookie years for showing up late.

He's deactivated others too, most notably Greg Robinson.