I have a bit of a theory about Peters’ struggles...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Perhaps, at least in part, his tantrums are a result of frustration with poor play by himself and his teammates?

There has been little criticism of his actual play on the field, or certainly his results. On those matters he is considered elite.

We all saw our own AD lose his temper a couple of times in’16 out of frustration. Obviously, not to the degree that MP has, but still...

Maybe elite players that are putting 100% of themselves into the game have a “frustration” snapping point on occasion? Because they “care” so danged much and some others don’t?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not excusing the outbursts and immaturity, just suggesting that the source might be coming from an overwhelming desire for perfection and for winning. If I’m even partially right, perhaps MP can be “fixed” more easily than some have feared.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that McVay and Wade more or less came to similar conclusions after their research and after talking to him.

One last thing. I think that this team’s locker room is strong and will be able to give MP the guidance and support needed for him to become fully assimilated into this culture. If MP wants to be a part of pulling together and winning, he’s definitely come to the right place. Heck, maybe the perfect place.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The way I see it, Andy Reid enables those personalities.

Desean Jackson is the prime example. He was always a “me first” type of player. Always said something cocky to have himself in the headlines. He gets out of that culture, still put up over 1,000 yards, and you don’t hear a peep from him. While Reid is a damn good coach, I don’t think he has the culture in place to reel in those over the top personalities. McVay has already made something special in the locker room. I’m not really worried about Peters.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think this is a valid thought. We have all probably seen players get frustrated when the play or coaching is subpar to their expectations. Think of Gurley's comments also. They really seemed out of character for the man. Donald is another great example. The defense and Holt under Linny is another one.

Let's just see how this plays out but I think Peters comes into a very good situation here and he is probably looking forward to playing in this new mindset and atmosphere. He is uber talented and skilled. He is a very important piece that was missing last season and now he will be a potentially shining star in one of the biggest markets in the league. The future is bright for him and I think he'll come through.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Only a matter of time before Peters has worn out his welcome here. Just hope we can get a couple above average seasons from him.

jap

Legend
Immature players with elite talent losing their cool because they feel the coaching is holding them back? That has occurred often enough in the major sports. Going to a master guru like the SonOfBum who prefers that players become all they can be would seem like the very best panacea for that type of immaturity.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Only a matter of time before Peters has worn out his welcome here. Just hope we can get a couple above average seasons from him.
So we’ll put you in the glass 3/4 empty column. Got it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I didn't like his attitude in a recent interview, but even I think the guy is a stud.."a couple of average seasons out of him" is just so wrong...lol

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My theory is he is a product of his environment. Born and raised in Okland's poorer area, being around gang-bangers had to be tough. Rough neighborhood breeds rough psych. I can relate to the additude he has. I respect the fact he made it out of there and made something of himself. I bet he does well here for the Rams.

Toe the line here Marcus, and help bring us a Super-Bowl.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
this team’s locker room is strong and will be able to give MP the guidance and support needed for him to become fully assimilated into this culture. If MP wants to be a part of pulling together and winning, he’s definitely come to the right place.
This can happen only if MP buy's-in to what McVay/Phillips/Fassel Preach 24/7 "We-Not-Me!" perfect your Technique! and Execute! Execute! Execute!

tempests

Hall of Fame

Nothing 3/4 empty about what I posted.

We traded a ham sandwich for a talented but troubled player that most of the league doesn't think is worth it. Like I said, I'm hoping for two good years. That'd be a good deal for the Rams.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, I didn't like his attitude in a recent interview, but even I think the guy is a stud.."a couple of average seasons out of him" is just so wrong...lol

LOL, I swear he was playing the "meow" game except he inserted "ya feel me".

After watching the interview for the second time, with my Super Trooper filter on... I couldn't stop laughing. out loud with tears...laughing.