I have 3 separate categories of new (or near new) Rams players already…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here are my 3 categories. ‘Already sold as good to great additions’, ‘looking good so far but not completely sold’, ‘need to see more on field evidence’.

‘Already sold’ on these guys because I’ve seen/heard enough. In no particular order:

Allen Robinson. Gonna be a beast. Has a Kupp-like perfectionist mind set. Been practically uncoverable, including red zone. Tremendous signing.
Joe Noteboom. Never had a doubt, really, but all feedback has been superlative.
Bobby Wagner. Duh! Never much doubt in 1st place but feedback has exceeded expectations. Morris is gonna love him. Great signing.
Decobie Durant. A Snead HR in the 4th. I’m sold already. Might contribute this year and probably future quality starter. Emphasis ‘quality’. Ball hawk.
Derion Kendrick. Another Snead HR this time in the 6th. Possible future starter. Another ball hawk.
Nick Scott. Talk about exceeding expectations. The speed, instincts, ints, and that bone jarring hit on Deebo. He’s a starter this year, imo.
Brandon Powell. He’s our returner, dammit! Potentially an All Pro returner. He makes the 53 for sure. Fuggeddaboudit…

Now for the ‘looking good so far but not completely sold just yet’ Again, no particular order:

Logan Bruss. Future starter, I think, but might not be by opening day. Or even this year. Quality 3rd round pick, though.
Kendall Blanton. Good feedback so far. Seems to be picking up where he left off in playoffs last year. Slight favorite for #2 TE, I think.
Brycen Hopkins. Just a slight tick behind Blanton. Good feedback so far. Apparently, Rams knew what they were doing when they focused on other positions this offseason.
Tutu Atwell. I was not a big fan after last year’s fiasco, but it’s hard to ignore the consistent positive reviews that have been coming in from everybody. Still skeptical but would love to have been wrong.
Alaric Jackson. I’m pretty sold on this kid, but I would like to see just a few more snaps before I’m completely all in.
Terrell Lewis. Goodness, so many strong positive reviews from everybody. Players, coaches, beat writers, and camp reporters. Do we dare hope for a healthy Lewis blasting out this year?
Troy Hill. I consider him a 1 year bridge CB, but a helluva good one at that. VERY good in that role. Ramsey loves him.
Robert Rochell. Flashing at times but needs more consistency, don’t you think? Unbelievable physical gifts, hopefully they translate.
Justin Hollins. I think Rams really like him. I’m cautiously optimistic that he will be adequate at edge this year.

Now for the ‘unsure, need to see more’ guys:

Kyren Williams. Love the potential. Only pick Rams traded up for, but gotta stay healthy and available.
Daniel Hardy. There’s a ton of potential here and his head is screwed on right. Gotta earn those on-field snaps, though.
Chris Garrett. Is he legit or is he a preseason tease? We’ll see.
Bobby Brown III. Can he get his act together and reach his considerable potential? Last year underwhelmed and now the PED suspension followed by being out of shape in practice? C’mon…
Jacob Harris. Another tease so far. When will ‘rawness’ disappear? There’s a genuine opportunity for snaps if he can pull it together.

Well, those are my3 categories as of August 4th. Things will solidify as we move closer to opening day.

Thoughts?

Tano

Legend
I have never had doubts about Tutu's ability. He is a good route runner and seems to catch everything thrown near him.

My issue is his size and whether he can stand up to the the pounding in the NFL.

I just don't see it but if he is up to 165 - well that is a start.

He does look bigger too.

I still would have him add another 10 lbs.

I think he could do it with 5 more lbs in the legs and 5 more lb up top.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So hard to get a feel for them from just team sources and camp reports.

I really need to see regular season production before judging anyone.

There are some exceptional players and guys learning and progressing from each of the last few drafts and FA pick ups. But, they still have to prove it on this team, in these systems.

Good topic, high hopes.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
It's kind of hard for me to put the two rook's Durant and Kendrick in that 1st category because they've looked good in a few practices. Don't get me wrong I'm very encouraged by what I've been reading about them and seeing the clips but I'm going to need to see them in some live game action before I can be completely sold.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The tell will be to what extent the rookie corners play in preseason. If they log a ton of snaps they're depth. We'll be able to read a lot more into the depth chart here soon, it's one of the advantages of McVay ruining preseason for all fans of the game.

dang

Legend
Here are my 3 categories. ‘Already sold as good to great additions’, ‘looking good so far but not completely sold’, ‘need to see more on field evidence’.

‘Already sold’ on these guys because I’ve seen/heard enough. In no particular order:

Allen Robinson. Gonna be a beast. Has a Kupp-like perfectionist mind set. Been practically uncoverable, including red zone. Tremendous signing.
Joe Noteboom. Never had a doubt, really, but all feedback has been superlative.
Bobby Wagner. Duh! Never much doubt in 1st place but feedback has exceeded expectations. Morris is gonna love him. Great signing.
Decobie Durant. A Snead HR in the 4th. I’m sold already. Might contribute this year and probably future quality starter. Emphasis ‘quality’. Ball hawk.
Derion Kendrick. Another Snead HR this time in the 6th. Possible future starter. Another ball hawk.
Nick Scott. Talk about exceeding expectations. The speed, instincts, ints, and that bone jarring hit on Deebo. He’s a starter this year, imo.
Brandon Powell. He’s our returner, dammit! Potentially an All Pro returner. He makes the 53 for sure. Fuggeddaboudit…

Now for the ‘looking good so far but not completely sold just yet’ Again, no particular order:

Logan Bruss. Future starter, I think, but might not be by opening day. Or even this year. Quality 3rd round pick, though.
Kendall Blanton. Good feedback so far. Seems to be picking up where he left off in playoffs last year. Slight favorite for #2 TE, I think.
Brycen Hopkins. Just a slight tick behind Blanton. Good feedback so far. Apparently, Rams knew what they were doing when they focused on other positions this offseason.
Tutu Atwell. I was not a big fan after last year’s fiasco, but it’s hard to ignore the consistent positive reviews that have been coming in from everybody. Still skeptical but would love to have been wrong.
Alaric Jackson. I’m pretty sold on this kid, but I would like to see just a few more snaps before I’m completely all in.
Terrell Lewis. Goodness, so many strong positive reviews from everybody. Players, coaches, beat writers, and camp reporters. Do we dare hope for a healthy Lewis blasting out this year?
Troy Hill. I consider him a 1 year bridge CB, but a helluva good one at that. VERY good in that role. Ramsey loves him.
Robert Rochell. Flashing at times but needs more consistency, don’t you think? Unbelievable physical gifts, hopefully they translate.
Justin Hollins. I think Rams really like him. I’m cautiously optimistic that he will be adequate at edge this year.

Now for the ‘unsure, need to see more’ guys:

Kyren Williams. Love the potential. Only pick Rams traded up for, but gotta stay healthy and available.
Daniel Hardy. There’s a ton of potential here and his head is screwed on right. Gotta earn those on-field snaps, though.
Chris Garrett. Is he legit or is he a preseason tease? We’ll see.
Bobby Brown III. Can he get his act together and reach his considerable potential? Last year underwhelmed and now the PED suspension followed by being out of shape in practice? C’mon…
Jacob Harris. Another tease so far. When will ‘rawness’ disappear? There’s a genuine opportunity for snaps if he can pull it together.

Well, those are my3 categories as of August 4th. Things will solidify as we move closer to opening day.

Thoughts?
Skow? Or is in with proven vets?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Its inaccurate to evaluate players based on a few plays in training camp. We've had some TC standouts that haven't even made the roster in the past.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
When you knock Debo Samuels for a loop like Nick Scott did?

You just made yourself a reputation around the league.

Nick Scott will be creeping into the minds of running backs and wide receivers every play they are on the field.

Repeat.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So hard to get a feel for them from just team sources and camp reports.

I really need to see regular season production before judging anyone.

There are some exceptional players and guys learning and progressing from each of the last few drafts and FA pick ups. But, they still have to prove it on this team, in these systems.

Good topic, high hopes.
Except we keep finding these great depth pieces and these contributors later in the draft and in free agency.

That's what McVay and Snead are using the draft for while they acquire key pieces in free agency and using those first and second round picks to trade for.

And it just paid off with a world championship.

Why shouldn't it keep working as planned?

And then we see them showing those exact skills in Camp?

What's repeat not to be optimistic about?

Flint

Pro Bowler
The fact that Mcsnead keep finding these guys really is amazing. Pretty much everyone was convinced that this top heavy strategy would blow up pretty quickly but after 2 SB appearances I don’t see why it can’t continue.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Except we keep finding these great depth pieces and these contributors later in the draft and in free agency.

That's what McVay and Snead are using the draft for while they acquire key pieces in free agency and using those first and second round picks to trade for.

And it just paid off with a world championship.

Why shouldn't it keep working as planned?

And then we see them showing those exact skills in Camp?

What's repeat not to be optimistic about?
It very well may be that one of Snead's best abilities as a GM is his skills to find prospects that are often overlooked by most other teams.

Snead might be impaired (not as successful) in selecting first-day draft selections.

Meanwhile quietly busy behind the Ram scenes in building compiling a good amount of 3rd-day draft ammo & entering the 3-day NFL draft party very late for more than a half-decade & then, having very good success in backfilling his roster with highly coachable players who with training rise to contribute on the field.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Again at the same time compiling the right combination of young lesser-known high integrity coaches (like McVay) to bring his work to the best conclusion possible each & every season. :startstruck: