I Guess FA14 is Pretty Much Over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rubenesque. You know, The Three Graces girls.
220px-The_Three_Graces%2C_by_Peter_Paul_Rubens%2C_from_Prado_in_Google_Earth.jpg

I guess we have to refer to them as tweeners. Not my cup of tea but doable. If you know what I mean. Of course that's why they call her the fat lady.
Here's the real one: Ethel Merman. Not bad when she was younger. She sang at the end of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey games and that's how you knew it was over.
mermcolor.jpg

images

Sorry for all that information. It's that time of night and I got on a roll. :LOL: Going to bed now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
220px-The_Three_Graces%2C_by_Peter_Paul_Rubens%2C_from_Prado_in_Google_Earth.jpg

I guess we have to refer to them as tweeners. Not my cup of tea but doable. If you know what I mean. Of course that's why they call her the fat lady.
Here's the real one: Ethel Merman. Not bad when she was younger. She sang at the end of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey games and that's how you knew it was over.
mermcolor.jpg

images

Sorry for all that information. It's that time of night and I got on a roll. :LOL: Going to bed now.
Alan...my man. I gotta get you informed my friend. Wtf is all that? I'll go to the OT board and start the lesson on curvy vs fat girls.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram taking aim at the messenger:
Alan...my man. I gotta get you informed my friend. Wtf is all that? I'll go to the OT board and start the lesson on curvy vs fat girls.

Hey, I'm a Kate Upton type of guy myself. Really. :LOL:
images

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/2475/20120809/stress-makes-men-seek-curvy-and-mature-women.htm
If you go to the link above you'll find an interesting short article. Below is a preview. That therapy works on me. :ROFLMAO:
Stress Makes Men Seek Curvy and Mature Women

If you are a woman and have been trying hard to lose those extra pounds and get a skinny frame, here is some good news. You can stop worrying and relax as a new research says that a woman's curvy body may be kind of 'therapeutic' to men.
women.jpg

the scientists call, the "Environmental Security Hypothesis" which suggests that people might change their choices with changing circumstances.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope we give Quinn everything he wants and more...i couldn't stomach him on another team.

Same here.

Every time I watched KGreene bring down a QB in a Steelers uni it made me frown. Watching Quinn do that in another uni is something I would not approve of and if it ever happens I will send a really mean email to Demoff.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm thinking a veteran OG is still in play and feel Davin Joseph might be a smart move. He may have something left in the tank that a move may activate. He should be able to be signed at a bargain price.

Ram_of_Old

mermcolor.jpg

images

Ahhhh! The first pict is burning my eyes!

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
I'm just guessing here but will the Rams start locking some of our guys this year hence we the cap space? Just a guess ;)

Alan

Legend
The only other artist who became famous for his depictions of women and bringing certain body types to mind was Vargas.
alberto-vargas-pinup-artist_87_sm.jpg
alberto-vargas-pinup-artist_84_sm.jpg

So doing some (very) rough calculations prior to the signings of Saffold and Dunbar we had approximately $10m in cap space (accounting for the $3m from Finnegan and signing the rookie's wages), Saffold is on approximately $6.5m per year, Dunbar approximately $2m per year, so we should have around $1.5m. I doubt we can bring anyone in for that much who would be a significant upgrade.

Edit: Sorry for derailing the thread.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So doing some (very) rough calculations prior to the signings of Saffold and Dunbar we had approximately $10m in cap space (accounting for the $3m from Finnegan and signing the rookie's wages), Saffold is on approximately $6.5m per year, Dunbar approximately $2m per year, so we should have around $1.5m. I doubt we can bring anyone in for that much who would be a significant upgrade.

Edit: Sorry for derailing the thread.

We had around 16 million at the start of FA. My beleive is we have about 7 million now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think we are completely done.

But I gotta ask; did our team that finished 7-9 last year get any better in FA?

We didn't "add any new pieces".

I don't think we are completely done.

But I gotta ask; did our team that finished 7-9 last year get any better in FA?

We didn't "add any new pieces".

Yes, Sam got 4 days closer to his return, Jake Long got 4 days closer to his return, our DC spent 4 days figuring out that playing "cover no one" may not be the best defensive philosophy (I assume he knew that already but you get the point), our young players spent time working out and learning from last season (at least I know Johnson did from his Twitter account).

Are we better than we were 4 days ago? I'd imagine so.

Alan

Legend
Good point CGI. We lost some dead wood though. At least when our O-line suffers it usual amount of devastating *^&%$ies we won't have to look for replacements off the street. Those street FAs will already be on the roster. :ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yes, Sam got 4 days closer to his return, Jake Long got 4 days closer to his return, our DC spent 4 days figuring out that playing "cover no one" may not be the best defensive philosophy (I assume he knew that already but you get the point), our young players spent time working out and learning from last season (at least I know Johnson did from his Twitter account).

Are we better than we were 4 days ago? I'd imagine so.

Still.

Sounds like our strategy is to improve from within, experience, etc.

And... Add via the draft.

But how many college players have big impacts the first year?