I Gotta Throw this Scenario Out There...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Assuming we stay at #10, the only two players that I would pick over Scherff are White and Cooper. White ran a 4.35, I do not see him being there. Cooper could be there, so I'm gonna throw this scenario out there just because it's an amazing set up.

WR1- Kenny Britt

WR2- Quick

Slot- Cooper

TE- Cook/Kendricks

Cooper is a 6-1 recerver who can cut on a dime, take the top off, really good hands, you already know. I know we need linemen and I'm all for drafting linemen rounds 2-4 if we pick Cooper. But seriously, how much time would Foles need with a set up like that?

I also wanna throw out the importance of depth in our receiver position. Britt has had knee issues, Quick is coming off IR for his shoulder, Tavon has missed some time, and Bailey/Givens dont see much time.

I know we have viable options at the WR position already, but holy smokes guys. It would put us in discussion for having the best passing team in the league AND still have an excellent running game.

Nick Foles wouldn't need time and the opposing defenses would be be such a mess that mason would have holes you could drive a truck through.

But yeah, I can definitely see why we should draft Scherff. (n)

(Thought I put this in the other thread, my bad.)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree not many options other than oline I would be interested in looking at but Cooper and/or White would be the exception.

If Cooper or White are available at 10 I would go that route, if not I'm looking at Scherff or La'el Collins.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm thinking that with Foles' propensity to throw longer balls, Givens may get a good deal more work.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
With the O line that we had last year it wouldn't matter who we had playing QB and WR, still no joy.
You need more than one second to run a route.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the O line that we had last year it wouldn't matter who we had playing QB and WR, still no joy.
You need more than one second to run a route.
or some form of a running game (aided by lack of said Oline) to help with play action passes as well. fisher/snead have fixed the once disastrous defensive line, now they need to do the same for the Oline for the Rams to make the next step up.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
After watching some highlights of Cooper, I'd be hard pressed not to take him. But at the same time, I just really believe that Tavon will be a stud along with Bailey. A guard sounds good to me. I don't really care who we draft though. As long as they contribute to winning.

V3

Hall of Fame
Again, I have to ask, other than running fast and standing 6'3", what does White have to make him worth #10? I'm not seeing great route running and he ran a college offense known for inflating WR stats. I'm just not seeing the love for White. Also, I don't see Scherff playing LT in the NFL(for any team) so why take him inside the top 10?

IMO, if Cooper is gone, the Rams should trade down and acquire a pick in next year's draft. They'll have plenty of holes to fill anyways from all the FA's starting to get their 2nd contracts.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I agree not many options other than oline I would be interested in looking at but Cooper and/or White would be the exception.

If Cooper or White are available at 10 I would go that route, if not I'm looking at Scherff or La'el Collins.

This^^. The only thing I'd add is a possible trade back - If we can get another high pick and draft in the 15-20 range, I'd go Cam Erving.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This^^. The only thing I'd add is a possible trade back - If we can get another high pick and draft in the 15-20 range, I'd go Cam Erving.

Or get more high picks next year. We'd have a loaded draft next year. So if we did win the big one, we could infuze our picked through roster rather smoothly.

Athos

Legend
Again, I have to ask, other than running fast and standing 6'3", what does White have to make him worth #10? I'm not seeing great route running and he ran a college offense known for inflating WR stats. I'm just not seeing the love for White. Also, I don't see Scherff playing LT in the NFL(for any team) so why take him inside the top 10?

IMO, if Cooper is gone, the Rams should trade down and acquire a pick in next year's draft. They'll have plenty of holes to fill anyways from all the FA's starting to get their 2nd contracts.

He plays strong. Fitz and Dez strong where every ball is his and you have to beat him off with a crow bar to get it.

High points like nobodies business. Hands like nobodies business. Seen him break off his route when he sees his QB under duress and work his way back and open. Big time RZ target.

White is not Stedman or Tavon coming out of WVU. He's a beastly big boy.

V3

Hall of Fame
He plays strong. Fitz and Dez strong where every ball is his and you have to beat him off with a crow bar to get it.

High points like nobodies business. Hands like nobodies business. Seen him break off his route when he sees his QB under duress and work his way back and open. Big time RZ target.

White is not Stedman or Tavon coming out of WVU. He's a beastly big boy.
I put in another post about him that that's the one part I have to watch more on him; the high pointing. I'll watch some more.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I still in trade down mode if Cooper is there @ #10. Perfect bait to attract a good offer. I am looking for a extra 2nd rd pick & then hope that I can find & select an Right OT like Peat, Clemmings, Collins, Humphries or Flowers with the mid first round pick.

Now going into the next 3 rounds Rams have ammo with two 2nds, 3rd & 4th to get my OL finally fixed with talent & a rookie QB to build with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper should not be playing the slot. His ability to take the top off the defense is one of the things that makes him such a big threat.

Outstanding hands
Ability to go up and get it
Excellent RAC skills
Physicality
Suddenness

Pretty much everything you want in a WR. IMO, he's a lot like Dez Bryant. Yes, his route running is raw but you deal with it because of how freakishly talented the guy is.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Quite frankly, I question if there is an OLineman worthy of the 10th pick in this draft. A selection of Cooper or White would be a no brainer selection, IMO.

That said, I kinda get the feeling that Mariota stands a better chance at being available at #10 that either or those two WRs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Quite frankly, I question if there is an OLineman worthy of the 10th pick in this draft. A selection of Cooper or White would be a no brainer selection, IMO.

That said, I kinda get the feeling that Mariota stands a better chance at being available at #10 that either or those two WRs.
Not Scherff. Maybe Peat, but there won't be a better player at #10, if Cooper or White is there, and that's including Mariota.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'm thinking all 3 are gone. But agree; if there is 1 available it's MM.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Greg Cosell agrees with you. At least as far as tackles go. He said he doesn't think there is any tackle in this draft worth taking with the tenth pick. I am guessing it is ditto for Guards. If the Rams have to choose between an Olinemen at ten and cannot make a decent trade to move back then I would prefer Scherf or Collins. But I hope that they can choose from Cooper,White,Mariota, Winston instead.