I dreamed that Jeff Fisher was fired...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I don't hate Fisher. I do think he should have been fired after 4 years and no winning record, but I am ok with him sheperding the team to LA. It was so real at 3am when I woke up, and went right for my IPad to get the details! lol It probably comes from all of the sports guys in LA I have been listening to lately that seem to be giving him a very short leash. So, will Fisher be coach in 2017?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
dreamt, dang it! :baghead:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
double post

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No, I don't hate Fisher. I do think he should have been fired after 4 years and no winning record, but I am ok with him sheperding the team to LA. It was so real at 3am when I woke up, and went right for my IPad to get the details! lol It probably comes from all of the sports guys in LA I have been listening to lately that seem to be giving him a very short leash. So, will Fisher be coach in 2017?

Wow you have it bad.

There are a few reasons that Fisher should get to see his contract through. One is so there is continuity and stability through the move to L.A. This is a huge one....huge! Changing systems while undergoing a life altering move for the ENTIRE team and support staff can disrupt lives and disrupt routines. Athletes lives are all about routines. Fisher can keep those routines the same as they were in St. Louis. While everyone's life is changing with the move they can at least have a constant to focus on and feel comfortable about. Will the move affect everyone the same? No, free agents move every year. But, some don't adjust as quickly and some seem totally at ease right out of the gate. Look how long it took Fairley to adjust to the Rams system. Keep everyone on the same page and give them a constant to focus on.

Another benefit for Fisher staying through this season is that the Rams have such a large free agent list. Free agents sometimes get very used to a coach. Fisher has a history of players liking him. Some followed him happily to St. Louis (happily for us too). So if Fisher were canned and new coaches hired, that extensive list of free agents, would not only be considering uprooting their families and lives if they sign with someone else but, they also would be guaranteed to be moving anyway. It would change the vibe totally. They truly would be free agents because if they had families that set down roots in St. Louis that wouldn't matter at all, with no NFL team there. At least there is a reason to consider L.A. over many of the other teams; familiarity with the coaching staff and being part of the same team. If Fisher were canned now the team would be less likely to sign all of their free agents. Plus a new coaching staff has spend all of their time on getting familiar with the team/ players and who the free agents are, who to keep and who not, etc.. Having a staff in place allows for them to already know the roster very well. Evaluations of who to sign is a longer process for a new staff.

Moving is a bigger deal than people realize. They have to move the entire contents of the facility pretty much, help relocate 80 players, move equipment, move personnel that they want to keep and decide to move with them. Pack up all files and records, get acquainted with services near the new facilities, of which is still to be determined! Figuring out where camp is going to be. Coaching is a busy sleepless job. This year will be even worse. Trying to do that with a brand new coaching staff would be a nightmare.

Ramatik

Starter
Very well done EGG. Firing Fisher would be as stupid as.... getting rid of Kurt Warner. Well, maybe not on the same level, but it's in the area. This whole thing where fans just want to get rid of people so quickly. It's crazy. How do you actually stick with the same team? I never liked free agency very much. Pretty much why I don't watch baseball. I don't want to root for just a uniform or dare I say... a city. I want the guys to stick, I want consistency, I want to see it build up. Yeah, we caught lightening in a bottle once. For most of the past three and a half decades we stank. This organization has been trending up. Last year, a lot of analyst actually starting talking about the Rams and their players. For real. Injuries are big. Discipline is big. The guys executing the plan is big. I hated that Frisco game. Hated it. But that doesn't sum up the season. If this upcoming year matches this past one, then I'm on board. The guy needs to create a little luck for himself as well. I really think the Rams will ride this wave into the playoffs this year. No doubt.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I have had the same dream for a couple of years. (not the real dreams, those are saved for Jessica Simpson, fat or thin)
But the Nome makes practical sense.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Imagine what it would be like if the Rams were a consistent organization with a top 10 QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he would simply trade up and take a mothereffing QB and add a piece or two to the passing game it would change everything. The guy is a good overall head coach, but he needs to quit screwin around with the offense. Even if he sticks with Boras--which is very risky--adding a top QB prospect plus a couple receivers in FA/draft would give him plenty of offense to win with now plus an actual future to be proud of in LA.

They're starting a new era in LA. Draft a MFing QB now!!!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

giphy.gif