I don't see Jones as our future LG...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I see him as his our future center.Especially when you consider Scott Well's age and recent injury. He's not extremely exceptional at pass or run blocking, but one thing that stands out is his mental aspect of the game. It was said that when he played his last year at Alabama, he never messed up one assignment... I can easily forsee our future line looking something like this down the road:

Long, Watkins, Jones, Dahl/future draft pick, Saffold

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, more than likely. Right now he's extremely valuable as an interior swingman, but I can see him taking over the center spot in time. That is, if they don't draft someone else before Wells retires. Nsekhe is someone else I think can be factored into their long-term plans, but that's just a gut feeling.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I don't think there's any doubt he was drafted to be the Rams center for the next decade.

FRO

Legend
I agree. I'm hoping Watkins takes the LG spot and runs with it. I think Jones will be a very valuable backup his rookie year. Let him learn, get the scheme and calls down. Plug him in at C for a decade.

A55VA6

Legend
I think with Wells healthy, he'll fill in at LG nicely. But as for future, Jones will be the center of the line for sure.

Rockman

UDFA
Ya, I agree with that, and I hope Rok can have a nice year because Dahl is getting up there in age AND cap space. Sure would like to see the average age of our line go down and let the kids develop some chemistry for the future.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is Dahl's last season here, unless he resigns for cheaper

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I concur that Jones will not be the starting LG, in fact, I don't foresee him playing that much this season as he recovers from his lisfranc injury.

Shelley Smith, Chris Williams & Rok Watkins will battle it out for the starter with Brandon Washington as a dark horse. In the end as I've posted prior IMO Chris Williams will be the starter come September Morn.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Yeah agree. I think it behooves them to be able to carry Jones and Williams as subs because of their versatility. All other things being equal, makes more sense to start the guy who can only play LG at LG and the guy who can play 4 positions can hop in anywhere they need him to - because we all know injuries to the line can and do happen.

Now if Jones and/or Williams clearly blow the doors of the competition in camp, that's another matter. But not ideal IMO.

Yup I agree with that to. The sooner Jones is able to start the better. Wells cap hit is way to high for what he is contributing imo. If we could save the cap space for Wells and even Dahl we would be in such a strong position in the years to come. (obviously we would need two of our young gun's to start and play well) Another solid draft and with these two off the wage bill, we could go attack another FA or pay our rising stars money before they hit FA. (Saffold for example)