I don't know about the rest of y'all...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
...Maybe it's just me...
..but I still like this stupid team and I hope they get their shit together, play hard, inspired football and look really good the rest of the season.

That'd be neat-o.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd also like that. Although, if them playing well results in Fisher getting extended and them playing poorly results in him getting fired, it truly would be a tough decision for me.

The one thing I really hope to see is Jared Goff learning and improving as the year goes on.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, it's a lost season with lost draft picks next season. I can't even look forward to the draft.

If Goff rises, there is hope. If Fisher leaves, there is hope. If both happen, I might even get excited in the off season. Otherwise, there are the Rams.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
As a Rams fan for so many years.... I've been through a lot worse..... so as upset as I am on Sunday and Monday.....by Friday I'm excited again....watching Goff develop and hoping they get Gurley going each week keeps my attention. ....;)

Go Rams............ ;)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-When your support for the Rams finishing the season with a competitive and improved team comes with a list of caveats, because you want a change that comes with zero guarantees of actual improvement but might even mean taking a step back...

...that's where you folks lose me.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm like the factory of sadness guy

After all the bitchen and complaining, it's still

I'll see you on Sunday

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really looking forward to what I see out of Goff and the young pass catchers we drafted the rest of the year and once the regular season ends I'll pour my efforts into looking forward to the draft and free agency.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If you want anything other than seeing Rams compete you might want to rethink why you root for them. Goff is going to get even better, the defense isn't going to implode every week and the team is headed for better results.

Rooting against the team, players or coaches is just a sick self hate thing.

GO RAMS!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I know some of you don't want to hear it, and I'm not trying to cover for stupid penalties and bad game time coaching decisions, but anyone expecting a winning season from the Rams this year might have been expecting a bit too much.

Rams just moved from one city to another, over 2500 miles, sell a home, buy a home, move a family, get their kids settled in new schools, and a lot of other stuff that goes with a move.

Add to that they have to drive around a big city they don't know their way around, try to practice in two differnent locations 50 miles apart, and play their games in an outdated POS Colesium.

If that isn't enough of a distraction, they had to deal with the "Hard Knocks" TV show following them around.

And finally, The Rams, again are the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NFL.

I didn't expect the Rams to have a winning season this season, and I expected the offense to be vanilla when Goff started playing.

I expect Kroenke to evaluate Fisher's record and evaluate his options and expectations for the Rams. Weather he extends Fisher or brings in a new HC will depend totally on how Kroenke sees it all.

Personally, I'm disenchanted with Fisher and his coaching staff. The OC turnover of Schotty, Cignetti and Boras is getting old, its apparent Fisher has to have an OC he can control. Greg Williams has Rams defense playing well but still gives up too many 3rd and longs and isn't getting the sacks this D should, and he's been exposed as a big gambler. OL coach Paul Boudreau is ineffective. Chris Wienke? Who has he coached up?

Just sayin folks, to have expected the 2016 Rams to have a winnig record and make the playoffs was probably expecting too much from a young and inexperience team that went through huge changes that no other NFL team had to go through.

Next year, however is a different situation altogether. No more excused for me. Rams don't win, I'm off fishing on Sundays.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been a fan for over 50 years and I'll always be a fan.

But it's getting harder and harder to get excited about watching the games.

I've missed a few already this year :oops:. I'm, seriously contemplating dropping DirecTV next year (I've had it since 1998).

To me, Fisher is the problem... I didn't like the hire when it took place and saw warning signs from the get-go. I'll give him credit: he did elevate a really bad team to a mediocre team... I guess that was progress?

It's just seeing the same problems just about every Sunday that has sapped the energy out of me... sloppy play, lack of discipline, impotent offense... I don't need to list them all... everyone knows what they are by now.

So, in order for me to get my excitement back, Fisher will need to go. Until he does (or unless he somehow makes the necessary change to turn the team into winners), my interest will remain at pretty low levels.

Kinda depressing, really.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, it's a lost season with lost draft picks next season. I can't even look forward to the draft.

Do we not have draft picks for 2017? And because of what's looking like a lost season, will we not pick early in the draft, other than the first round? I'm still looking forward to the draft. Who knows what Les Snead will pull off this time.
****************************************************************************************
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5/2/11569810/2017-nfl-draft-los-angeles-rams-picks

2017 NFL Draft: Los Angeles Rams' Picks Thinned From Goff Trade
Now that the 2016 NFL Draft is over, what kind of early class are the Rams looking at?
by Joe McAtee

usa-today-9273203.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Los Angeles Rams pulled off a megatrade with the Tennessee Titans in mid-April to secure the #1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft to be able to select their new franchise QB out of Cal, Jared Goff. In doing so, they not only shed all three of their Day 2 picks from this year's draft but also sold off some of their picks from the 2017 NFL Draft.

Here's what the Rams are holding for next year as of today:

Round................... Pick
2............................ Rams pick
3*.......................... Rams pick
4............................ Rams pick
5............................ Rams pick
6............................ Rams pick
7............................ Rams pick

* - If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A.

All things considered, it's not too bad. The Rams are really only missing out on their first-round pick, but as we discussed in the build up to this year's draft, it's not as if the Rams were in need of more draft talent. The RGIII trade stockpiled first-round selections that seemingly are getting the Rams nowhere in the win-loss column.

Going all-in on a QB selection, even at the expense of next year's first-round pick, is an acknowledgement of the failure of that first round talent stockpile to move things in the right direction. If anything, the Todd Gurley selection showed how ineffectual that talent is toward driving improvement in the win-loss column.

In any case, the Rams are at least looking at a six-pick class at a minimum pending any future moves. So there's plenty to change between now and then, ESPECIALLY with Rams General Manager Les Snead at the helm.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know some of you don't want to hear it, and I'm not trying to cover for stupid penalties and bad game time coaching decisions, but anyone expecting a winning season from the Rams this year might have been expecting a bit too much.

Rams just moved from one city to another, over 2500 miles, sell a home, buy a home, move a family, get their kids settled in new schools, and a lot of other stuff that goes with a move.

Add to that they have to drive around a big city they don't know their way around, try to practice in two differnent locations 50 miles apart, and play their games in an outdated POS Colesium.

If that isn't enough of a distraction, they had to deal with the "Hard Knocks" TV show following them around.

And finally, The Rams, again are the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NFL.

I didn't expect the Rams to have a winning season this season, and I expected the offense to be vanilla when Goff started playing.

I expect Kroenke to evaluate Fisher's record and evaluate his options and expectations for the Rams. Weather he extends Fisher or brings in a new HC will depend totally on how Kroenke sees it all.

Personally, I'm disenchanted with Fisher and his coaching staff. The OC turnover of Schotty, Cignetti and Boras is getting old, its apparent Fisher has to have an OC he can control. Greg Williams has Rams defense playing well but still gives up too many 3rd and longs and isn't getting the sacks this D should, and he's been exposed as a big gambler. OL coach Paul Boudreau is ineffective. Chris Wienke? Who has he coached up?

Just sayin folks, to have expected the 2016 Rams to have a winnig record and make the playoffs was probably expecting too much from a young and inexperience team that went through huge changes that no other NFL team had to go through.

Next year, however is a different situation altogether. No more excused for me. Rams don't win, I'm off fishing on Sundays.
I just don't buy this excuse that moving the team has an impact on the season
1996 Houston Oilers, 8-8 1997 Tennessee Oilers, 8-8
1995 Cleveland Browns, 5-11, 1996 Baltimore Ravens 4-12
1994 LA Rams 4-12, 1995 STL Rams 7-9
So in the past 20 years, 1 team got better, 1 team got worse and 1 team stayed the same....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
* - If the Rams get a compensatory pick in the third round of the 2017 draft, the third-round pick sent to Tennessee will be the compensatory selection, not the standard third-round pick assigned to Los Angeles. If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick, the Titans get the Rams’ regular third-round pick, and the Titans seventh-round pick will go to L.A.
Is there any possibility the Rams don't get the compensatory 3rd rounder?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is there any possibility the Rams don't get the compensatory 3rd rounder?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-that-applies-to-next-years-third-round-pick/

Based on the Rams’ free-agency losses and gains in 2016, there’s a decent chance they get a third-round compensatory pick; if they do, they’ll keep their original third-round selection in 2017. (They’ve lost during free agency cornerback Janoris Jenkins, safety Rodney McLeod, safety Daren Bates, and defensive tackle Nick Fairley. To date, the Rams have added as a free agent only safety Coty Sensabaugh, previously of the Titans.)

If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick next year, the Rams will send to Tennessee their regular third-round pick, but the Rams will pick up an extra seventh-round selection in 2017.

It’s the first trade potentially involving a compensatory draft pick. For the 2016 draft, compensatory picks can’t be traded. As of next year, they can be.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I love this team. I have for 40 years now. I could of taken the easy road and just became a Patriot fan when they became good since I was born and raised in Boston. But I have stuck it out with this franchise and when I am dead and gone I will be buried with my Rams jersey, Red Sox cap and signed Bruins hockey stick.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I love this team. I have for 40 years now. I could of taken the easy road and just became a Patriot fan when they became good since I was born and raised in Boston. But I have stuck it out with this franchise and when I am dead and gone I will be buried with my Rams jersey, Red Sox cap and signed Bruins hockey stick.

Yeah, I get how someone can get upset with their team, especially after many years of mediocrity, but to switch to another team is baffling to me. When I first saw the horns on the helmets as a kid, that was it.

While living in San Diego, I never thought of becoming a Chargers fan. While living in the SF Bay area, I never thought of becoming a 49ers :poop: fan or a Raiders fan. I've resided in Maryland for 22 years now and on TV they always have the Skins, Steelers, and Eagles, bleh. No thanks.

To each their own I guess.

e69ff112f65aae1e55fb0806a141e0bb9fade3b72481dad1de29cec519204d61.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-that-applies-to-next-years-third-round-pick/

Based on the Rams’ free-agency losses and gains in 2016, there’s a decent chance they get a third-round compensatory pick; if they do, they’ll keep their original third-round selection in 2017. (They’ve lost during free agency cornerback Janoris Jenkins, safety Rodney McLeod, safety Daren Bates, and defensive tackle Nick Fairley. To date, the Rams have added as a free agent only safety Coty Sensabaugh, previously of the Titans.)

If the Rams don’t get a third-round compensatory pick next year, the Rams will send to Tennessee their regular third-round pick, but the Rams will pick up an extra seventh-round selection in 2017.

It’s the first trade potentially involving a compensatory draft pick. For the 2016 draft, compensatory picks can’t be traded. As of next year, they can be.
Yeah, I get the rule, I'm just thinking that with the Rams losses, how could they not get the 3rd rounder
But again, it is the Rams and luck has not exactly been our strength. If there was ever a year a team got screwed, this could be it....

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
If you want anything other than seeing Rams compete you might want to rethink why you root for them. Goff is going to get even better, the defense isn't going to implode every week and the team is headed for better results.

Rooting against the team, players or coaches is just a sick self hate thing.

GO RAMS!!!

not sure the defense will play as well as they have because I think they have lost faith in fisher just Imho

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
not sure the defense will play as well as they have because I think they have lost faith in fisher just Imho
Gotta keep the faith. I see nothing in this team that says they have quit. The defense got their asses handed to them in NO but they'll be back. I want to see them knock Brady out.