I Don't Feel So Good Right Now...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I definitely don't think these players were BPA. Snisher painted himself into a corner and forced several need picks. This is why you take your needs in FA.

I disagree, teams end up with cap issues when they shop too much in the FA market. And FA's don't work out at such a great rate that it's always a smart play. Plenty of guys get lazy when they get a big second contract. There is a balance between free agents, the draft and those role and depth guys that are plucked off the street.

Maybe the guys picked weren't the "BPA" but they could be the best for the Rams intentions. And remember you have to compete in your division to get into the playoffs. You have to, in large part, build a roster to beat the teams style of play in your division.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
The draft isn't over yet. Camp hasn't even started. Let's not over-react here.

I remember about everyone thinking last year was the year for us and look how that turned out. Granted Sam went down, but still. Let's wait for the season or at least camp and not over-react about a couple of picks.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Whole heartedly agree. This is why I hate draft time every year. People fall in love with their guys and if he's not picked the front office/coach sucks and needs to be fired, or we get to hear about how bad our draft sucks before any one even gets play time. Everybody thinks they know better and pick better the the professionals who do this every year yet are mad we didn't sign oline players that don't even fit in our scheme.
Bro ... at least this forum has some rational to it. I mean yes ... we have those going all in one way or another, guys overreacting one way or another ... but for the most part, well thought out responses.

Now .... Twitterverse last night ???? FUCK ME! It was the most depressing/piss me off/down right hateful thing I have seen in YEARS.

Athos

Legend
:confused::cry:

Join the club. Day 2 couldn't have gone worse imo. I badly wanted Cann and we screwed the pooch. With Dawson as well.

Snisher just seems to fall in love with their smarts more than they should. But what do you expect when they backed themselves into needing o-lineman and a QB because they didn't address said positions when they should have.

That's what happens when you get blinders on.

fancents86

Starter
If our o line protects Foles, i don't see Mannion or any qb pick used in this draft being relevant, bc they won't see the field. Personally I wouldn't want any qb in this draft starting so we were searching for back up competition IMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
I disagree, teams end up with cap issues when they shop too much in the FA market. And FA's don't work out at such a great rate that it's always a smart play. Plenty of guys get lazy when they get a big second contract. There is a balance between free agents, the draft and those role and depth guys that are plucked off the street.

Maybe the guys picked weren't the "BPA" but they could be the best for the Rams intentions. And remember you have to compete in your division to get into the playoffs. You have to, in large part, build a roster to beat the teams style of play in your division.
I never said go after the elite FA's. Those usually don't work out very well but the second and third tier guys are fine. It also allows teams to take BPA in the draft instead of reaching which will hurt teams just as much as wasting a bunch of money on the elite FA's.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I never said go after the elite FA's. Those usually don't work out very well but the second and third tier guys are fine. It also allows teams to take BPA in the draft instead of reaching which will hurt teams just as much as wasting a bunch of money on the elite FA's.

OK then I can get behind that, but I don't know how many guys like that were out there this year. A year or two ago there was a record number of guys hitting free agency and that may have dried up the market a bit, at least for a short time.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Bro ... at least this forum has some rational to it. I mean yes ... we have those going all in one way or another, guys overreacting one way or another ... but for the most part, well thought out responses.

Now .... Twitterverse last night ???? freak ME! It was the most depressing/pee pee me off/down right hateful thing I have seen in YEARS.

And that is why I do not have a twitter acct lol

UDFA
All the angst over a QB that had a pretty solid career... Ran a pro style offense (incredibly underrated by Hundley/Petty fans).. Plenty of arm & size & incredibly smart.
He will be ready to play in the NFL year 1.
Comparing him to Keenum & Davis seems silly to me.. Not nearly the same type.. More Kerry Collins.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Day 2 was strange.....:cautious::sick::oops:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:wtf::jerkoff::palm::palm:

I loved the Gurley pick...BPA in its finest form.:cheers::shades::banana::party:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Guys, we all need to take a deep breath. I know some may think this draft has been a disaster. We all have guys we wanted the RAMS to pick, but we need to place trust in the organization in what they are doing. These guys are not taking this draft lightly. They have so much more information about the guys their drafting in comparison to what we know, or "think" we know. I'm only stating the obvious, but they are drafting players that will fit both on and off the field. There may be players we think are the right "fit" for the RAMS, but Snead, Fisher and all involved know better. Am I thrilled about this draft... well the jury is still out, but I really feel it's going to work out for us in the long run. We're all tired of losing, but no more than the RAMS organization and the rest of RAMS fans. It's going to be good, and I'm hoping we are all pleasantly surprised once the season starts. We just need to let the coaches coach and the players play.
This season will be a great one.

Keep the faith fellas and Go RAMS!

So we should have vastly overpaid in fa instead? Well we know how paying fa oline has worked out. And just because you don't like a pick doesn't make it a bad pick just so you know.
My favorite part is that fisher and Snead have shown a history of drafting well, yet we all lose faith if we don't get our guys (who were passed up by many other teams as well)

Speedr@m

Rookie
<shrug> who knows how this will turn out? I don't trust Fisher and im skeptical and that is based on the results and decision making over the last 3 seasons.

They think Gurley is special well he had better be given they already have a good group of young RBs. I'm sure I might feel better about the olinemen they chose if I had seen better performances out if the guys they drafted previously (Grob) and free agents Wells, Long, and yes Staffold.

There is no use really debating these players because the truth is its going to be up to the Rams coaches to develop them. They have to live with the choices.

It's time for Fisher to stop with all the bravado and over confidence and start winning some game

Period

UDFA
Probably not, your right. Is Mannion better though? IMO, no...

He's absolutely better. Arm & size & vision to use the entire field.
He will be able to actually run the offense. Definite upgrade over Davis.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
All the angst over a QB that had a pretty solid career... Ran a pro style offense (incredibly underrated by Hundley/Petty fans).. Plenty of arm & size & incredibly smart.
He will be ready to play in the NFL year 1.
Comparing him to Keenum & Davis seems silly to me.. Not nearly the same type.. More Kerry Collins.

But can he hold his liquor? :unsure:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm letting it all sink in and wrap my arms around it and, you know, it's REALLY growing on me.

With a few more moves, the Rams may have just put together the best running team in the NFCW. If this plan of theirs pans out, what was a weakness will be a strength without losing quality in any other area!

I think now, it's not reasonable to say they are being forced to pick o-line as it seems obvious enough, this is a well considered plan with an end goal of an unstoppable run game. That makes every other facet of the O better.

I like what they are trying to do.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
@Memento If I could, I'd give you one pick in this draft, just to help make you happy.