I don't care what anybody says

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The non-call on Bryant's push-off on Finnegan was a major play in the game. That was 3rd and Goal. If called, Dallas has a 3rd and Goal at the 12. Odds are a bit longer for success and the Defense gets a stop (don't talk to me about what happened in the game after. It hadn't happened yet). Dallas kicks a FG.

I won't even mention the hit on Bradford or the shove of Dahl that weren't called.

I'm also not so sure that the PI on Tru Johnson was real.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Ram Quixote said:
[hilite]The non-call on Bryant's push-off on Finnegan was a major play in the game[/hilite]. That was 3rd and Goal. If called, Dallas has a 3rd and Goal at the 12. Odds are a bit longer for success and the Defense gets a stop (don't talk to me about what happened in the game after. It hadn't happened yet). Dallas kicks a FG.

I won't even mention the hit on Bradford or the shove of Dahl that weren't called.

IMO, that non-call set the tone for the entire game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I agree with you man but aside from that we just got flat out spanked. And it's the 3rd game in a row where we've come out really flat. It's starting to become a trend and one that we need to figure out really quickly.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Stop it guys. The Rams were NOT the better team today regardless. We looked JV.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jjab360

Legend
Honestly, there weren't any major plays in this game. Cowboys dominated the LOS all day long, this was a classic college football blowout.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
The non-call on Bryant's push-off on Finnegan was a major play in the game. That was 3rd and Goal. If called, Dallas has a 3rd and Goal at the 12. Odds are a bit longer for success and the Defense gets a stop (don't talk to me about what happened in the game after. It hadn't happened yet). Dallas kicks a FG.

I don't think it would have mattered. Yes, the refs sucked and clearly favored the hometown team but we just looked plain bad.

Frankly, I was most angry at them not calling the clear head-shot against Bradford. It was a cheap-shot and the a-hole ref has no excuse on that one. It was blatant. The one thing I hoped to see today was Carl Cheffers getting plowed over by a player. He's an arsebag. Him and Jerome Boger.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bwdenverram said:
I agree with you man but aside from that we just got flat out spanked. And it's the 3rd game in a row where we've come out really flat. It's starting to become a trend and one that we need to figure out really quickly.
It's my premise that if that is called, the game plays out differently. At least on the defensive side of the ball.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was a bullshit call, yes but only 7-0 at that point.

If a team lets that "set the tone for the whole game" after that, well then there's something seriously wrong.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I get what you're saying and just had a feeling then that the refs were going to make sure the cowgirls were going to win! May be sour grapes but I don't care!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If they call PI on that play it sets the tone for the dallas O that they will get called for penalties, as it played out it told them they will not be called so they may as well hold, push off do whatever it takes til they get called for it.

V3

Hall of Fame
Blaming the refs today is a lame excuse, IMO. You honestly think that if the refs didn't mess up on that play, that the Rams would have done ANYTHING? They got dominated in every facet of the game.

I refuse to use the refs as an excuse today. Last week I could see an argument to be made. Not this week.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Ram Quixote said:
bwdenverram said:
It's my premise that if that is called, the game plays out differently. At least on the defensive side of the ball.

I would love to believe that but we still had a lot of time to keep Murray from going nuts on us again. We didn't.
We had an entire half to gain for than 18 yards but we didn't.

Even if we keep them to 3 there, do you really believe our D suddenly stops them or our O just flips a switch?

I love your optimism bro, but they handeled us, rather easily. And I freaking hate it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Refs sure missed a lot of calls that would have given the team a chance to perform at a better level! How does the team react when the calls all go against them. I'll give you the fact that the girls played better than our guys today. Just hate when the refs don't call the game fairly!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
V3 said:
Blaming the refs today is a lame excuse, IMO. You honestly think that if the refs didn't mess up on that play, that the Rams would have done ANYTHING? They got dominated in every facet of the game.

I refuse to use the refs as an excuse today. Last week I could see an argument to be made. Not this week.
I understand what you're saying. The Rams did not play well. But there is a cause and effect in every game, and this play happened very early.
RamBall said:
If they call PI on that play it sets the tone for the dallas O that they will get called for penalties, as it played out it told them they will not be called so they may as well hold, push off do whatever it takes til they get called for it.
This call was as obvious as the push by Golden Taint in the Seattle/Green Bay game last year. If they aren't going to call it, the message is obvious to both teams. And sure enough, there were other non-calls that were clearly missed.

And yet the refs made sure to target the Rams STs. To the point that they were throwing flags they had to pick up.