I Do Feel So Good Right Now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I've been beating the drum for years now for the Rams to draft some big, sloppy hogs for the O-line. Yesterday, what did they do? Drafted two of the biggest, sloppiest, hoggiest O-linemen in the draft who, by the way, are "Football Players" rather than "Athletes."

Many of us have been beating the drum for three or so years for a projectable QB with arm talent to develop as a legit #2 who could become a starter with NFL coaching. What did they do? They grabbed a 6'6" guy who played four years in a pro-style offense and a strong, accurate arm whose biggest problems stem from footwork and technique.

And for everyone who shouted "We need a playmaker at #10!!! Someone who touches the ball every down!"? Well, at #10 they took arguably the best pure playmaker in the draft. A risk because of the knee, but arguably the single most-impactful player available, who can touch the ball 30 times a game.

I feel fairly good about this draft right now. The picks aren't where mockers put the players taken, but look at all the picks teams are taking - look where Donovan Smith, or TJ Yeldon, or Hau'oli Kikaha, or Jaquiski Tartt, or Mitch Morse, or Markus Golden, or Frank Clark, or D'Joun Smith, or Craig Mager, or many more players were mocked vs. where they were taken.

This draft class is not as easily projectable by outside mock drafters (like me) as in prior years. I kinda feel like there's no such thing as a "reach" when all the mid-round guys meld together in terms of draft upside and talent.

Nice job Snisher. You got me my big uglies on the O-line. Now coach 'em up, ride Gurley and Mason, and get us a goddamned Lombardi Trophy.

(Also you should probably draft some guys in the 4th, 6th and 7th...)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the funny part is that many predraft comments were made to the point that as long as the rams drafted a specific eye candy player (depending on whomever was posting) at #10 that would make things all warm and fuzzy and then fix the Oline next. it seems that todd gurley isnt the exact eye candy for some here BUT the FO goes and gets help for the Oline in rounds 2 & 3 with 2 very good run blockers and all is lost due to the #10 pick ?

Big Game

Living The Dream
Man I can't agree more with you. People need to realize the Rams will never be the greatest show anymore as long as Fisher is the coach. But what they are trying to do now is build the team in the mold of the Seahawks.

Fisher wants to be able to run at will protect the QB and throw deep with play action passes or when the defense stacks the box and give the WR's one on one coverage.

So now we have a special player at RB. Drafted two big mauling run blockers and a QB to mold.

Be happy and excited people this team will win this year

Go Rams

Memphis Ram

Legend
So far, this is the first draft Fisher/Snead has had where I don't hate a move or selection made. Not that I know everything, but I'm sort of giddy.
icon_lol.gif

And if they can somehow get Nick Marshall, I'm buying season tickets and taking the trek to St. Louis again.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It took me a good nights sleep, but I woke up this morning and felt pretty damn good about it. Two immediate starters on the line, the best back these eyes have seen play in many years and then a giant QB with a giant arm to get a chance to sit and watch and let the game come to him. I think it was a home run fellas. Maybe not what we expected, but the ball doesn't always have to go 500'...sometimes 375' will get the same results...homer baby!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I've been beating the drum for years now for the Rams to draft some big, sloppy hogs for the O-line. Yesterday, what did they do? Drafted two of the biggest, sloppiest, hoggiest O-linemen in the draft who, by the way, are "Football Players" rather than "Athletes."

Many of us have been beating the drum for three or so years for a projectable QB with arm talent to develop as a legit #2 who could become a starter with NFL coaching. What did they do? They grabbed a 6'6" guy who played four years in a pro-style offense and a strong, accurate arm whose biggest problems stem from footwork and technique.

And for everyone who shouted "We need a playmaker at #10!!! Someone who touches the ball every down!"? Well, at #10 they took arguably the best pure playmaker in the draft. A risk because of the knee, but arguably the single most-impactful player available, who can touch the ball 30 times a game.

I feel fairly good about this draft right now. The picks aren't where mockers put the players taken, but look at all the picks teams are taking - look where Donovan Smith, or TJ Yeldon, or Hau'oli Kikaha, or Jaquiski Tartt, or Mitch Morse, or Markus Golden, or Frank Clark, or D'Joun Smith, or Craig Mager, or many more players were mocked vs. where they were taken.

This draft class is not as easily projectable by outside mock drafters (like me) as in prior years. I kinda feel like there's no such thing as a "reach" when all the mid-round guys meld together in terms of draft upside and talent.

Nice job Snisher. You got me my big uglies on the O-line. Now coach 'em up, ride Gurley and Mason, and get us a goddamned Lombardi Trophy.

(Also you should probably draft some guys in the 4th, 6th and 7th...)

Love this post.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm good with what we have done. I'm excited. Now to address LB, DT and DB depth ...maybe even a WR.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Good thread and good posts. I'm tired of all the bitching and moaning because the resident draft expert's didn't get their guys. I personally think Snisher is doing a good job filling the teams needs with players that fit exactly with what the team is trying to do. In the past under different regimes there was way too much in the term of reaches. I don't feel any of these guys are reaches despite what other people will say. I would like to see a reciever added into the mix at some point and there's still some talent available for the oline. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Rams try to pick up another pick some how if possible.

GO RAMS!!!

Last edited: