I can't stay away/what's been happening

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hello everyone. I thought after the Rams left St. Louis (the city of my birth), I would stop being a fan. I stopped reading about the Rams and I didn't even keep up with the draft. But I love this damn team too much. Since the draft started, I've been lurking every day wanting to post something. I guess I'm saying that I'm back, just please LA fans don't rub in my face.

Can someone fill me in on what happened this off season? I know we released Chris Long and JL and obviously picked Goff. What else happened? Sorry, it just hurt too much to read about the Rams after they left (even though I don't live in St. Louis anymore).

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hello everyone. I thought after the Rams left St. Louis (the city of my birth), I would stop being a fan. I stopped reading about the Rams and I didn't even keep up with the draft. But I love this damn team too much. Since the draft started, I've been lurking every day wanting to post something. I guess I'm saying that I'm back, just please LA fans don't rub in my face.

Can someone fill me in on what happened this off season? I know we released Chris Long and JL and obviously picked Goff. What else happened? Sorry, it just hurt too much to read about the Rams after they left (even though I don't live in St. Louis anymore).

Thanks for stopping by Brokeu. Janoris went to the Giants, McLeod to the Eagles. We signed Coty Sensabaugh and Quinton Coples. Tre Mason is an idiot too. That's most of the big stuff.

A55VA6

Legend

To add what JackDRams said:

We re-signed Barron to a 5 year deal, re-signed Hayes to a 3 year deal, Quick to a 1 year deal. Ogletree is starting MLB, and we're expecting to sign Donte Whitner.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But I love this damn team too much.
Yes! Glad you're back, broke!

#whiteguydance

giphy.gif

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To add what JackDRams said:

We re-signed Barron to a 5 year deal, re-signed Hayes to a 3 year deal, Quick to a 1 year deal. Ogletree is starting MLB, and we're expecting to sign Donte Whitner.
I hope Quick can live up to all that promise he showed in the beginning of 2014 before his injury. If so, we could be OK at WR. McLeod I thought started to step up, thats a bit of a loss. But we should be OK at CB with EJ Gaines coming back, let's hope he's back to where he was.

Why didn't we resign Janoris?

I hope our defense has enough depth now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Welcome back. When the Rams moved to St Louis I tried to stop being a fan, and found I couldn't, so I empathize.

The big news of course is moving up to #1 to take Goff. As Jack said, after losing Jenkins for more money than his erratic play is worth, they also lost McLeod. They franchised Johnson at CB, and gave Mark Barron a big money contract to come back - Ogletree is moving to MLB to replace JL. Cook was cut, no replacement yet - I'm concerned, but I may be the only one. Still 4 draft picks to go though, and I'd expect some receiver or other to be signed or picked up in trade. Sensabaugh should be fine at CB, especially if Gaines can play well this season. Coples should be a very good pickup, since he'll be used correctly for the first time in his career.

Foles is still with the team - there is reputedly interest, but we'll see. I'm hoping some sort of draft pick for him today, but it may end up being a future conditional pick. I'd much rather they get something today, since they have so few picks.

Overall the Rams are in good position, though some gambles have had to be made. It should be a fun ride.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Quick can live up to all that promise he showed in the beginning of 2014 before his injury. If so, we could be OK at WR. McLeod I thought started to step up, thats a bit of a loss. But we should be OK at CB with EJ Gaines coming back, let's hope he's back to where he was.

We tried he chased the$$

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Welcome back!

Janoris was all about the top dollar, the most money he could get and with having him and Tru we weren't going to be able to afford both of them with all the other free agents in house we had to resign. Oh the draft has been fun too! Trading up and all that. And there's no rubbing it in the face there are debates that generally start out friendly though. Welcome back and enjoy the ride! Two earlyish picks in the 4th round here coming up in 15 minutes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Welcome back. Remember, its all about the horns no matter where they play. I was disappointed when they first moved to St. Louis. But I'm a fan of the team. I learned to love them in St. Louis and will always cherish the GSOT. Woulda stayed a fan no matter where they went.

Some good things on the horizon. We got our franchise quarterback. This time will be different from the last one. We've already have a great defense. An elite running back and improved line. The kid will have something to work with this time. I see some great things in the Rams future. Stick around. You'll be glad you did.

rdw

Pro Bowler

Just want to say welcome back.
:cheers:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Tru Johnson was 'franchised', making him & JJ too expensive to the CAP. Hopefully with the draft behind us we can sign Tru to a long term, more CAP friendly contract.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I might hate Stan Kroenke for the rest of my life, but I love the players and the coaches. It will be weird to hear "touchdown LA" when they score, but it's the Rams, it's just the Rams.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Hello everyone. I thought after the Rams left St. Louis (the city of my birth), I would stop being a fan. I stopped reading about the Rams and I didn't even keep up with the draft. But I love this damn team too much. Since the draft started, I've been lurking every day wanting to post something. I guess I'm saying that I'm back, just please LA fans don't rub in face.

I've been lurking since yesterday. I too am a "fan" (I'm in limbo) from stl. I don't watch espn, listen to sports talk, even play madden any more since the rams left. Maybe I'll come around when the season starts... Idk but Ill just be lurking for now lol.

It hurts... like a girl friend that cheated on you with your brother or best friend.. Hell... she cheated with both of them at the same damn time!! Then you found out but you still wanted her back... even apologizing to her when you did nothing wrong. Trying to wine and dine her and give her everything you ever thought she wanted... telling her just forget about it, it doesn't matter, everyone makes mistakes.... and she STILL LEAVES!!!!! that never happened to me but it must hurt though, lol.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Welcome back man!!! I think most dislike Kroenke but just love the Rams to much.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've been lurking since yesterday. I too am a "fan" (I'm in limbo) from stl. I don't watch espn, listen to sports talk, even play madden any more since the rams left. Maybe I'll come around when the season starts... Idk but Ill just be lurking for now lol.

It hurts... like a girl friend that cheated on you and you found out but you still wanted her back... even apologizing to her when you did nothing wrong. Trying to wine and dine her and give her everything you ever thought she wanted and she STILL LEAVES!!!!! that never happened to me but it must hurt though, lol.
I completely understand. I thought the same thing too. But I left St. Louis too so I couldn't really complain

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I can't tell you how free I feel now that I just decided to follow the Rams again. I've felt so conflicted about it for so long. I feel like I can finally love football again. There was an empty part of my heart that only the NFL could fill (my god that sounds terrible and melodramatic, but it's true). Thanks everyone. Seriously thank you

PS. Please, please, don't rub the move to LA in my face

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't tell you how free I feel now that I just decided to follow the Rams again. I've felt so conflicted about it for so long. I feel like I can finally love football again. There was an empty part of my heart that only the NFL could fill (my god that sounds terrible and melodramatic, but it's true). Thanks everyone. Seriously thank you

PS. Please, please, don't rub the move to LA in my face

I know how you feel, being from St. Louis myself. But it's good to have you back, Broke.