"I can't believe he fell to us!"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Especially the cowboys. They passes and selected Felix Jones! Lmfao
The Cowboys didn't have a first round pick that year, but they did draft RB Julius Jones in the second round. They didn't draft Felix Jones until 4 years later, though.

SJ was the first RB to go in that draft, though.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Shit, I meant Julius not Felix. Yes they did have a 1st. They were there at 22 I think and traded out. I just watched "Caught in the Draft" on NFLN. They were talking about the huge regret the Cowboys had for not taking him and trading out. They thought that Jones would be just as good in the second.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
crap, I meant Julius not Felix. Yes they did have a 1st. They were there at 22 I think and traded out. I just watched "Caught in the Draft" on NFLN. They were talking about the huge regret the Cowboys had for not taking him and trading out. They thought that Jones would be just as good in the second.

Jackson would be a multi time Pro Bowler and would be in conversations for "should he be in the HOF" had the Cowboys drafted him.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Desean Jackson-Oh wait. I had never even heard of Donnie Avery. Really our whole line is great value-Tree, Quinn and Donald all

MrMotes

Starter
Doesn't every team say that about practically every player they draft, "we can't believe he was available..."

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I went back to peek at the top half of the 2011 draft:
1. Cam Newton
2. Von Miller
3. Marcell Dareus
4. AJ Green
5. Patrick Peterson
6. Julio Jones
7. Aldon Smith
8. Jake Locker
9. Tyron Smith
10. Blaine Gabbert
11. JJ Watt
12. Christian Ponder
13. Nick Fairley
14. Robert Quinn
15. Mike Pouncey
16. Ryan Kerrigan
17. Nate Solder

Looks like a pretty talented draft class for the most part after 3 years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
crap, I meant Julius not Felix. Yes they did have a 1st. They were there at 22 I think and traded out. I just watched "Caught in the Draft" on NFLN. They were talking about the huge regret the Cowboys had for not taking him and trading out. They thought that Jones would be just as good in the second.
Yeah Dallas traded their #22 to Buffalo for Buffalo's 2nd and 5th rd picks(at least).

I went back to peek at the top half of the 2011 draft:
1. Cam Newton
2. Von Miller
3. Marcell Dareus
4. AJ Green
5. Patrick Peterson
6. Julio Jones
7. Aldon Smith
8. Jake Locker
9. Tyron Smith
10. Blaine Gabbert
11. JJ Watt
12. Christian Ponder
13. Nick Fairley
14. Robert Quinn
15. Mike Pouncey
16. Ryan Kerrigan
17. Nate Solder

Looks like a pretty talented draft class for the most part after 3 years.

Moral of the story, don't reach for a QB.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I was excited in 2011 when Randall Cobb was still available in the 2nd round. I thought he was the obvious pick for the Rams but I was wrong.

STLINI

UDFA
Lavonte David, was over joyed when he was there at 50...and then we drafted Pead.

Good one. I was getting excited as our pick was coming and he was still there. Ugh.

SJax suprised me. When they announced that we were trading up, I was begging for it to be for him. So that was nice.

You said outside of Quinn obvoiusly, but that was probably the most excited I have ever been for a draft pick. When we were on the clock and he was sitting there, I screaming at the TV like a crazy man. My kids thought I was nuts.

I didn't think we'd be able to get Ogletree after trading back last year, so that was a nice suprise.