I Bet CLE Stays Put

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There are 3 QB's and 1 Clowney. One of those top three QB's will most likely fall to CLE if they want whoever it is.

I beleve the rumors of ATL jumping up to grab Clowney. Rams and ATL's FO's are close and have an open line of communication. ATL made that jump for Julio and never looked back. I actually think they came out on top of that big trade.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
And if they like Carr like is being said then they may wait till later and get him.

Maybe they only see 2 top tier QBs, and the Texans take 1 at 1, or maybe they only see 1 and the Texans take Clowney, or maybe they see 4 and believe they can get 1 of them later in round 1, or maybe they don't see any and wish to stay with Hoyer, just because the media tell us that Bortles, Bridgewater, Half Game are the three top QBs, doesn't mean that every team views it the same.

Maybe I should open a book on who we trade with?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
And if they like Carr like is being said then they may wait till later and get him.
I don't know. We have been hearing this since Farmer took over. He knows the game. But we were hearing about Manzeil when they had no one to curb any "real" info from leaking out. I think the "Carr" bit is the smokescreen. But I guess that's why they are "experts" and we're just guys on a message board.......:LOL::LOL::LOL:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cleveland has been dealing with sloppy seconds at the QB position for too long.

I think the Manziel noise is legit.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If I were running the Browns, I would stay put and take the BPA. There isn't a QB in this draft worth trading up from #4, IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I were running the Browns, I would stay put and take the BPA. There isn't a QB in this draft worth trading up from #4, IMO.

I think a lot of us agree with that. But; what do they do at QB if they don't grab the one they are most enamoured with?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think a lot of us agree with that. But; what do they do at QB if they don't grab the one they are most enamoured with?

We don't even know if the QB they like best is even within the top 3 most commonly named guys.

Could be Carr, McCarron, Garappolo, or someone else strikes their fancy more. Besides, Hoyer looked pretty good to me prior to going down with his injury.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We don't even know if the QB they like best is even within the top 3 most commonly named guys.

Could be Carr, McCarron, Garappolo, or someone else strikes their fancy more. Besides, Hoyer looked pretty good to me prior to going down with his injury.

Do you think the fan base could withstand another "second tier" flyer at QB?

I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering how they sell that to fans... Again.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There are 3 QB's and 1 Clowney. One of those top three QB's will most likely fall to CLE if they want whoever it is.

I beleve the rumors of ATL jumping up to grab Clowney. Rams and ATL's FO's are close and have an open line of communication. ATL made that jump for Julio and never looked back. I actually think they came out on top of that big trade.
Snead was in the booth with his former team during a lot of the combine, and not with Fisher...something a brewing there?

Well the Raiders also like Carr apparently

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...r-over-johnny-manziel?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

The Browns apparently aren't alone in their preference for Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel among quarterback prospects in this year's draft.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said he heard from several sources at the NFL Scouting Combine thatCleveland is targeting Carr, not Manziel, in the draft, despite reports to the contrary, and the Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer writes Sunday in his mock draft that the Raiders left the combine with Carr ahead of Manzielon their draft board.

Farmer has the Raiders passing on Manziel to take Carr with the fifth-overall draft pick and writes, "The Raiders are known for their unconventional picks, so Manziel might seem like a natural fit for them. Word is, though, that they liked Carr more coming out of the combine."

The conventional wisdom has been that Manziel, Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater are the top prospects at quarterback. That might no longer reflect the opinion of a majority of NFL teams, though.

Carr has been ranked among the second tier of signal-callers and is often projected to be drafted late in the first round or early in the second, but there was a report last week that no fewer than 17 NFL quarterback coaches polled at the combine favored Carr over Manziel.

With more than two months to go before the draft, there's enough time for the conventional wisdom to be altered again and plenty of smokescreens will send draft forecasters scrambling for answers. At this point, though, it certainly appears that Carr has the momentum, and it might be coming at Manziel's expense since the reports of Carr's ascent don't include indications that he has surpassed Brigewater and Bortles on draft boards.

Carr's reported rise doesn't mean Manziel is in deep decline -- five of the teams that will draft in the top eight have a need at quarterback -- so it still seems unlikely that the Cowboys will be rewarded for their Manziel free-fall preparation.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Just a thought...Cleveland should stick with weeden and draft

#4 OT Robinson/Mathews
#26 OG Yankey/Martin
#36 WR beckham
3rd round: WR Moncrief
3rd round TE Niklas

Resign Center Mack. The offense would be much better but the defense will still suck.

They have the cap space so they could sign S Byrd and CB verner.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snead was in the booth with his former team during a lot of the combine, and not with Fisher...something a brewing there?

Very, very, interesting to say the least.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I thought Hoyer showed some special qualities, wish we had him in the wings. Garappolo looks like a scheme fit QB, perfect to run a west coast, or full timing offense--his release is like butter. McCarron seems to be a scheme fit with our team.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm thinking, the give and take was, how much do you think Clowney is worth to you, if he's sitting there at #2.

To jump up all the way from #6 to two, I'd say a third and first this year and maybe a second/first next year. It's not near the deal we got from WAS but that's what it's worth.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To jump up all the way from #6 to two, I'd say a third and first this year and maybe a second/first next year. It's not near the deal we got from WAS but that's what it's worth.
And this is deeper draft, and not a QB, so it could also just be their 6th overall, a second this year, and a second and third next year. It's a 1000 point difference basically, and historically the trade chart works in almost every deal done.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And this is deeper draft, and not a QB, so it could also just be their 6th overall, a second this year, and a second and third next year. It's a 1000 point difference basically, and historically the trade chart works in almost every deal done.

My best case scenario is their first and second this year and first next year. I'd say that's pushing it a little bit.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My best case scenario is their first and second this year and first next year. I'd say that's pushing it a little bit.
I'd take any of the scenarios mentioned here, I think, but depends on how the draft goes at the top. When I think of the team though...the Falcons, seems like they should have learned a lesson about giving up their whole draft for guy, even if he's a true #1, and has been great...it takes a WHOLE team to win consistently, and they could have used those draft picks to strengthen the rest of their team. The bottom fell out last year.