I believe in Keenum! Too early to judge Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I remember my buddy telling me "Aaron Rodgers is going to be a really good qb" I laughed and told him he was a good back up. Man was just wrong! Some guys just need time to adjust to the big stage . I think Goff can use a season behind keenum and keenum has been playing great this preseason . We rams fans know goff has special arm talent and eventually he will get his chance. For the first time in years though I am not concerned about our starting qb , keenum has truly showed us that he can be the guy to lead this team .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adi, I like the scrappy guy that Case is. I think he makes better decisions than Goff right now, because he is a veteran. Having said that, he is limited, and that's why many of us are willing to see Goff make mistakes early, so that he can learn well enough at game speed to make those throws that Keenum never will.....Case is a stop gap, and he knows it, but is making it hard to replace him immediately (good for him)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think he has done everything asked of him this preseason and 2 of the 3 games without Gurley and what 2 throws to TA? How much better will this offense be with him and his full compliment of 1s at his disposal?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If a certain "Game Manager"( Pre Eli!) Can get the New York Giants to the SB and Win it, So can Keenum! Just-My-Educated-Opinion!(y);):D

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum has 7-9 written all over him . Nobody trades what the Rams did to be a back up . This will not end well

rdw

Pro Bowler
If a certain "Game Manager"( Pre Eli!) Can get the New York Giants to the SB and Win it, So can Keenum! Just-My-Educated-Opinion!(y);):D
ny_g_spagnuolo_b1_1296x729.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think he has done everything asked of him this preseason and 2 of the 3 games without Gurley and what 2 throws to TA? How much better will this offense be with him and his full compliment of 1s at his disposal?
That's one more drive with Gurley and two more passs to Tavon than Goff. Yet it's a positive for Case and a thing Goff gets critiqued for. Keenum hasn't taken a snap without Barnes and GRob. I gotta wonder how much better Goff would look if his snaps were swapped with Keenums.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
That's one more drive with Gurley and two more passs to Tavon than Goff. Yet it's a positive for Case and a thing Goff gets critiqued for. Keenum hasn't taken a snap without Barnes and GRob. I gotta wonder how much better Goff would look if his snaps were swapped with Keenums.

I have to agree.

I like Keenum, and won't be upset if he starts all year, as long as we win. However, I do think there's a number of things slanted in his favor right now. It's the problem with QB-competitions all the time. One guy, who gets to play with the starters, looks good. Therefore, he gets to play with the starters. Therefore he looks good. Therefore... etc.

I think Goff's unreadiness is overblown. He won't have as nuanced an understanding as Keenum. Not for several years. But the talent is higher, and the ability to use the entirety of the field, to throw deep on a whim, is something Case just can't match. I have the feeling putting Goff on the field now would very probably lead to a better result. That's what my eyes tell me, though I'm not sure how much of that is colored by other things.

Regardless, I like both guys, and feel confident with either of them that we can get 10 wins, as long as our CBs don't get exposed (our safety situation looks more than fine, sorry Rodney)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't think Goff looks bad, I think he looks pretty much like what he is, a rookie getting reps with the 2s. I was hoping he'd start in Denver but it seems he has not earned that from the coach's evaluation and actions.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Keenum will get us over the hump while Goff goes thru his growing pains, there is no doubt where the future lies and Keenum suits our purpose while Goff develops. It's a win - win situation for the future of our organization, and the transition to our long-term franchise QB will continue seamlessly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Keenum will get us over the hump while Goff goes thru his growing pains, there is no doubt where the future lies and Keenum suits our purpose while Goff develops. It's a win - win situation for the future of our organization, and the transition to our long-term franchise QB will continue seamlessly.
Two thoughts on this. There are no growing pains on the bench. And with the future on the bench all you're doing is delaying it and possibly stunting it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Two thoughts on this. There are no growing pains on the bench. And with the future on the bench all you're doing is delaying it and possibly stunting it.

Our HC seems to feel differently. I'll trust that he knows when his QB is ready, not fans from a forum.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our HC seems to feel differently. I'll trust that he knows when his QB is ready, not fans from a forum.
Then the trade should never had been made if Keenum is good enough to start and win . That's why us fans have no faith in Fisher . It's just hard to believe that Keenum can do better than the 7-9 that we're accustomed too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Then the trade should never had been made if Keenum is good enough to start and win . That's why us fans have no faith in Fisher . It's just hard to believe that Keenum can do better than the 7-9 that we're accustomed too.

Sounds like you really didn't read/understand my post. Goff is a great acquisition for the Rams, but like many rookies, needs to learn and adjust some before facing the fire. He'll be just fine, and Fisher is properly seeing him thru this short transition period, imo. I'm sorry you and others have lost faith in Fisher and his team, although I will keep the faith while he attempts to lead this team to a new era in Rams football. If and when that changes, i'll adjust and support what that brings, ... because i'm a Rams fan. jmo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why do you think that? He's 5-2 in his last 7 starts with two different teams and no time practicing with first string until the end of last season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Keenum has 7-9 written all over him . Nobody trades what the Rams did to be a back up . This will not end well

Well, ... some of us don't really see him as the back-up, but we do see the future franchise QB who only needs a small learning curve to be more prepared for his starting date.
Keenum won't be 7 - 9 for several reasons, and the most important of those is that Goff will be starting before the end of the season imo. Keenum isn't Foles, he also has a healthy OL and Gurley will be ready on game 1 this time around. jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It's a win-win situation for Fisher and the Rams. Keenum starting. Goff sitting.

1. If Keenum wins, why change?
2. If Keenum loses, put the kid in, he can't do worse and can only get seasoned earlier.
3. If Keenum is injured, it's a needed move and nobody can criticize starting CK over Goff to start the season off.
4. If Goff starts and they lose.....or worse he gets pummeled with regularity while losing.....he could develop Marc Bulger syndrome.

The bottom line is this: The Rams don't have to win in 2016. I (and we) want to win. Everybody wants Fisher to want to win. And he says "no 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6 this year". They have to win once Goff is entrenched as the starter.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line is you don't make a block buster trade for someone that can't beat out a 3rd string QB on any other team .
I think Goff will be fine , but is he worth everything they gave up to get him .

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent

C'Mon Man! how can you say this ^^^ learning the play book, the audibles, reading defenses? Film room studies? practice field? If the coach thought he was ready I am sure he'd put him in. Be patient, it's going to happen.