I am so Jealous of the Iggles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
You should feel sorry for the eagles. They still have to play the Cowboys twice.

#eaglessuck

KDS73

Rookie
How did they lose?

Man some need instant gratification badly.

Let him play a while before declaring anything about Goff.

lol. Why did you leave out the rest of my post in your quote? Was it because you stopped reading at that point, or because you knew the answer to your question was right there in the very next sentence? I said they rolled the dice on Goff and lost, at least for now. Meaning they gambled on the wrong guy being NFL ready. Understand now? I don't know if you're one of the people who chooses to believe that they traded up to #1 draft Goff just so they could sit him on the bench, but I don't. Not at all. Teams don't trade away that much to move up to the first pick for a qb because they want to sit him on the bench and develop him. Nope. They do it because they feel they're drafting a guy who can start right away.

And it has nothing to do with "instant gratification." If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He's obviously having trouble adjusting, so he should definitely sit until he's ready to handle it. Wentz was ready, Goff wasn't. It is what it is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know if you're one of the people who chooses to believe that they traded up to #1 draft Goff just so they could sit him on the bench, but I don't. Not at all. Teams don't trade away that much to move up to the first pick for a qb because they want to sit him on the bench and develop him. Nope.
Well, unfortunately, that's just not true. There are teams who do in fact take that approach, and the Rams (Fisher/Snead) have made no effort to disguise their plan to bring him along slowly, even if that meant he'd ride the bench for a handful of games. They said it explicitly in April, even before Goff even made it into camp. They communicated it to Goff, to the media, and to anyone within earshot (as seen in the video I made below). So all of this angst about the Rams "doing it wrong" is just the result of individual opinions offered out of exasperation that the Rams simply aren't doing it their way.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xNHtWIgso

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Snisher has said it all along, but it doesn't make it the correct choice/decision. I am all in on Goff, but I just don't trust Snisher and their decisions anymore for the most part. They seem to "outsmart" themselves more and more IMO. They act like they are the smartest guys in the room, but at the end of the day (or season), the record speaks for itself. Year after year we are treated to an inconsistent, undisciplined team. Frustrating for us all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Snisher has said it all along, but it doesn't make it the correct choice/decision. I am all in on Goff, but I just don't trust Snisher and their decisions anymore for the most part. They seem to "outsmart" themselves more and more IMO. They act like they are the smartest guys in the room, but at the end of the day (or season), the record speaks for itself. Year after year we are treated to an inconsistent, undisciplined team. Frustrating for us all.
You're right, it doesn't make it the correct choice or decision. It just makes it the Organizational Philosophy. So as long as those two are at the helm, they're going to continue to do things the same way. That includes not starting rookies right away. Where we disagree is when you say they act like they're the smartest guys in the room. Not because you're wrong, but because that's how ALL coaches and general managers think. It's their team, their way, and their say. The reason for the record can be analyzed a million different ways, but I think it boils down to what Snead said. It's inconsistency at the QB position. Now if that's where Snead lays ALL of the blame, then hitting on Goff will afford them no more excuses. Good QB play and a bad record will mean that they can't get the job done.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol. Why did you leave out the rest of my post in your quote? Was it because you stopped reading at that point, or because you knew the answer to your question was right there in the very next sentence? I said they rolled the dice on Goff and lost, at least for now. Meaning they gambled on the wrong guy being NFL ready. Understand now? I don't know if you're one of the people who chooses to believe that they traded up to #1 draft Goff just so they could sit him on the bench, but I don't. Not at all. Teams don't trade away that much to move up to the first pick for a qb because they want to sit him on the bench and develop him. Nope. They do it because they feel they're drafting a guy who can start right away.

And it has nothing to do with "instant gratification." If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He's obviously having trouble adjusting, so he should definitely sit until he's ready to handle it. Wentz was ready, Goff wasn't. It is what it is.

The rest of your post was superfluous to that statement because it was such a strange declaration. I'm still at a loss to see how they have lost anything. If Goff is a good Qb nobody will care in 5 years time how long it took him to start for the Rams.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Well, unfortunately, that's just not true. There are teams who do in fact take that approach, and the Rams (Fisher/Snead) have made no effort to disguise their plan to bring him along slowly, even if that meant he'd ride the bench for a handful of games. They said it explicitly in April, even before Goff even made it into camp. They communicated it to Goff, to the media, and to anyone within earshot (as seen in the video I made below). So all of this angst about the Rams "doing it wrong" is just the result of individual opinions offered out of exasperation that the Rams simply aren't doing it their way.

You should've posted this video and even one or two others like it that have Fisher on record saying the same thing over and over in its own thread -X-.

Fisher is on record several times right after the draft, right before OTA's and right into the preseason holding firm to the way the Rams would be handling Goff's projected starting time. He was telling everybody on the planet listening to not expect him to start one single day before him and his staff believed him to be ready.

I myself was never buying in 100% that he Goff wouldn't be the opening day starter, but it's obvious Fisher and his coaches knew before they drafted Goff, he was likely going need extra time and for the sake of the his development and not forfeiting the team some crucial early season wins.

I honestly believe Fisher knew before they drafted JG that the process (because of all the obvious intangibles from his college background) could take 5-8 games and maybe even longer before he would be ready to handle the responsibility that comes with being a NFL starting quarterback on a team that has playoff expectations.

I'm sure Fisher was hoping and open minded that the unlikely could've happened and JG would translate quicker to the pro game surprising the Rams by the time preseason ended. That wasn't the case and the fact is unlike most fans and the media, Fisher never expected it to happen and he's not going to let the fans and media pressure him to make the move sooner than he's comfortable with.

I will say I respect Fisher for staying the course and even though I think his offensive coaches are not the best situation for JG's early development, I'm on board with his stance and I don't even fret about it anymore. When Goff does get his number called and if he looks ready and finishes the season strong, Fisher will get some huge respect from most of his doubters.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You should've posted this video and even one or two others like it that have Fisher on record saying the same thing over and over in its own thread -X-.
I was gonna, but there are already too many threads with the same nauseating theme. Fisher doesn't know what he's doing, nobody drafts a QB and sits him, Rams made a mistake, Fisher can't develop QBs, the coaching staff sucks, Goff is being wasted, Keenum is a joke, blah blah bladiddy blah. I just felt like making that video would be an irrefutable method of proving that the Rams had no intention of thrusting Goff into the fire, even before they drafted him. So, yeah.

tbux

Rookie
I honestly don't believe they planned to start Keenum game one all along- I think their plan was to bring Goff along and if he was ready to go game one- he would have been the starter. I think the learning curve was steeper than we all thought, and he simply hasn't gotten there yet. They know how limited Case is and I think if it was close, they would have went with Goff. He isn't there yet, that's ok, and when he is, he will be in there. JMO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was gonna, but there are already too many threads with the same nauseating theme. Fisher doesn't know what he's doing, nobody drafts a QB and sits him, Rams made a mistake, Fisher can't develop QBs, the coaching staff sucks, Goff is being wasted, Keenum is a joke, blah blah bladiddy blah. I just felt like making that video would be an irrefutable method of proving that the Rams had no intention of thrusting Goff into the fire, even before they drafted him. So, yeah.

So your saying that sorry HC and his assistants will start Goff n Week 4, after wasting his talent the first three games? Figures..that Fisher couldn't tell what a real QB looks like and his preferred starter Case is a joke while Goff sits!!

JCreYNx.jpg

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend

For some reason I don't or haven't heard anything about a plan to bring Goff along slowly. Everything I've heard has been that they'll play him when he's ready. It's a subtle difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

It's EXTREMELY hard to believe that Goff would be still sitting on the bench if he had a strong post draft off-season. But, he didn't, so alas he sits.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

GO GO KEENUM
YOURE THE MAN
FUCK TD's WE GOT D
SIT GOFF
SIT GOFF AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO MOLD HIM INTO......CASE FUCKING KEENUM

image.jpg
image.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
For some reason I don't or haven't heard anything about a plan to bring Goff along slowly. Everything I've heard has been that they'll play him when he's ready. It's a subtle difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

It's EXTREMELY hard to believe that Goff would be still sitting on the bench if he had a strong post draft off-season. But, he didn't, so alas he sits.
True. Bringing him along slowly is my wording. Which, I guess, is the reason why he's not ready yet.

Memphis Ram

Legend
True. Bringing him along slowly is my wording. Which, I guess, is the reason why he's not ready yet.

My guess is he's not ready because he's being asked to do a lot of things in the NFL which he didn't have to do or even consider in college, coupled with today's CBA practice limitations.(y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My guess is he's not ready because he's being asked to do a lot of things in the NFL which he didn't have to do or even consider in college, coupled with today's CBA practice limitations.(y)
That's got my vote. That, and they're not pushing him to get it all down in a specific time-frame.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Freak the Wentz love.

Goffs girlfriend caught him playing Pokemon Go under the dinner table. Who gives a freak? We got our guy. Enough of the Wentzfest.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure jealousy is the correct feeling - I'm impressed that they've had a winning start, that they've started their rookie (and he looks good), that they were able to trade away Bradford and regain draft collateral for next season, and I'm impressed that they've coached their QB well and seem to be playing to his strengths.

This is the only thing that worries with the Rams, they often seem to want to fit player into a particular style, and not always play to the persons strengths.

Its early yet, we've not seen Goff play, we may not if Keenum keeps playing ok and winning games...

MauiRam

Rookie
usp_nfl__cleveland_browns_at_philadelphia_eagles_85119418.jpg

Of course there are reasons to be excited, as USA TODAY’s Nancy Armour writes adeptly here. Some of his throws were, in a word, perfect. Wentz not turning over the ball is a very good thing, just like his 2-0 record through two games. It doesn’t matter that the Cleveland Browns were one of those teams; would you rather him rack-up two early losses?

No, you wouldn’t.

But even still, football fans have an obligation to view things in context. Wentz completed just 22 passes in the preseason before getting injured. How do you prepare to play against that? Put simply, you don’t. That lack of preparation from the opposition is something every rookie quarterback benefits from, and it’s why we’re still nowhere close to being able to make a call on Wentz yet. Two games is just too small a sample size. Things need time to sort themselves out.

Don’t take my word for it. Some stats for rookie quarterbacks through two games…

Wentz is 2-0 through two games, just like Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco (yay?), but also like Aaron Brooks, Rex Grossman, T.J. Yates,Shaun King, Marc Bulger and — wait for it — Mark Sanchez (oh no).

Meanwhile Cam Newton, Derek Carr, and Drew Brees started 0-2 in their first two games as rookies.

Wentz’s 60.5 pass completion percentage is worse than Matt Barkley,Matt Leinart and Chris Weinke’s through two games.

Wentz has thrown for 468 yards, less than Geno Smith, Patrick Ramsey and Jake Delhomme.

His three touchdowns through two games is one less than Jason Campbell.

His 92.9 quarterback rating is worse than EJ Manuel, Marc Bulger(again), and RG3.

So, reason to be excited? Yes. Quietly confident? Perhaps. Anything more? absolutely not.