I am so Jealous of the Iggles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I were an Eagles fan - as happy as I'd be - I'd be pretty worried that CW is going to get himself killed before long.
Yeah...He has that small college mindset, playing vs smaller guys and bulling his way like he's the big guy on the field. The NFL will break him if he continues that way.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Most of the guys on the 2nd list were guys who not drafted to be the guy and were never intended to be the starter like Goff. They were backups who those teams lucked into when injuries happened (Poor Bledsoe -- Brady being obviously the biggest one along with Romo). You could also make a list of all the guys who like them, sat, and never did anything in their careers. And that list would be 100x as long. You then have guys who likely would have started were there not HoF QBs on the roster already, like Favre and Kurt Warner in Eli's case.

Think his point was it doesn't matter. Good QBs come from both options.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-Snead is still badass wether Goff pans out or not. His resume is waaaay deeper than a 2016 transaction. Thats all it will be in a few years, just another of his transactions.
-Ya got to give it the the Eagles for coming out smelling like roses when all the dust settled. They basically traded Foles and a 4th for Wentz if you wanna get technical. I'm sure it goes a bit deeper but thats still pretty amazing.
-Jealousy is bad. Dont be that.

I have heard numerous times from former Head Coaches, about what will get a HC/GM fired, and the biggest one of those is betting huge on a potential franchise QB, and missing....This would be a massive bag of fail, and threst of history won't matter, if this gamble fails...again..imo.

KDS73

Rookie
Got it coaching makes no difference it's all about what a rookie brings to the table. Who wouldn't look amazing playing the Bears and Browns.

Yes, clearly that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

If nothing else, at least you're really good at building up and tearing down a strawman.

Hell, you've convinced me. Based on your logic, I think we need to trade for Eagles backup Chase Daniel. He has been working with Doug Pederson for years. And since he was healthy during preseason while Wentz wasn't, he obviously spent much more time with their magical quarterback supercoaches. Surely he has to be ready to be the next Joe Montana at this point.

Step 1: Trade for Chase Daniel
Step 2: Super Bowl!

PainTrain

UDFA
Name
Raffi
Wentz would be struggling in the Rams offense because the offense is fundamentally atrocious. Toss in the worst WR corps in the NFL and it's not surprising that Goff isn't ready.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yes, clearly that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

If nothing else, at least you're really good at building up and tearing down a strawman.

Hell, you've convinced me. Based on your logic, I think we need to trade for Eagles backup Chase Daniel. He has been working with Doug Pederson for years. And since he was healthy during preseason while Wentz wasn't, he obviously spent much more time with their magical quarterback supercoaches. Surely he has to be ready to be the next Joe Montana at this point.

Step 1: Trade for Chase Daniel
Step 2: Super Bowl!
Beautiful! Glad you're opening your eyes!

It's so fun people say you can't coach somebody up for a position in one off season of OTA's and camp yet that's exactly what was done with Tree from Williams and Singletary. You're the one building up this argument in your mind that the reason Wentz is playing and Goff isn't is 100% on Goff. That won't cut it or as you're so fond of saying that dog won't hunt. Not only does Wentz have better coaching to get him to a place to play, and we've seen those coaches do it with other QB's it's not like Wentz is some one off for them, but those same coaches have already acknowledged they came into camp and reduced the language needed for their version of the west coast offense but they simplified their playbook too. I've never said Goff was the more pro ready so quit assigning that to me and my arguments I like both QB's and would have been happy with either. But this circus that's going around screaming that Goff is dumb and not ready and it's all his fault is just ridiculous. If the QB's were drafted by the other teams (Goff to Philly and Wentz to us) I'd bet the house that Goff would be starting in Philly and Wentz would be on the bench here. And enough with your childish hyperbole it really accomplishes nothing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz would be struggling in the Rams offense because the offense is fundamentally atrocious. Toss in the worst WR corps in the NFL and it's not surprising that Goff isn't ready.
Shhhhhhh lets not deal in reality here it's hyperbole and strawmen! Like I said before, the Eagles acknowledged they simplified their playbook and the verbage for play calling to make it easier for all of their QB's. Fisher laughed at the idea of doing that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't recall that happening.

Oh. The hyperbole thing. Got it.
No hyperbole at all, he got that Fisher smirk on his face and smiled when asked the question and said it was never a consideration. I'll go back through the pressers of his on the website if I have time but it happened and was posted on here as most of his pressers were during training camp.

KDS73

Rookie
Don't know why it's so hard for some of you to admit that Wentz was just the more NFL ready qb. Admitting it doesn't mean that he'll always be better than Goff. It really doesn't. :LOL:

The Rams rolled the dice on Goff and obviously lost. At least for now anyway. But that doesn't mean Goff won't eventually turn into the better qb.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No hyperbole at all, he got that Fisher smirk on his face and smiled when asked the question and said it was never a consideration. I'll go back through the pressers of his on the website if I have time but it happened and was posted on here as most of his pressers were during training camp.

Apparently the Eagles didn't need to simplify or limit the playbook for CW - he just digested the thing that fast.

TexasRam

Legend
2 games is too soon. Foles was a pro bowler for an entire season and how's that working out for him? So was RG3.

TexasRam

Legend
2 games is too soon. Foles was a pro bowler for an entire season and how's that working out for him? So was RG3.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the iggles have only lost their super bowl appearances. and yes, 1 is a LOT more than zero. so when carson whentz leads them to the big land , then be envious.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's face it... Carson Wentz looked great out there. Big and strong, cannon for an arm, he can run, and he can take a hit. We all like him. Goff has all the tools too. My biggest concern is will he succeed in Fisher's offense.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
There is much more to worry about than "did we pick the right QB". I am not surprised Wentz is having success right now. It is a combination of many things. Yes, he has coaches that are directing him appropriately. However, those coaches don't audible, drop dimes, or motivate a team. Wentz is a gamer, and I look forward to the ride. He is playing because he is "putting in the work". He earned this job. Iggles didn't trade Bradford without knowing what they had. No way. I always felt Wentz was more pro ready and would handle the pressure better. I believe he has also demonstrated that he can play in this league. No one can take anything away from his success.

Goff is in a different situation. The variables to the team are different. His readiness looks to be different. Regardless, it is still to early to know. Goff had mad skills in college. When he gets his chance with this team, we will know.

Now. Lets be honest and dig into our offensive issues on the whole, or for me our HC issue.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets be patient with both of these guys still alot we don't know. Sam Bradford was Rookie of the year folks

Did you see Sam against the packers? Big time throws with big bodies in his face. With no running game. His talent is obvious.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams rolled the dice on Goff and obviously lost

How did they lose?

Man some need instant gratification badly.

Let him play a while before declaring anything about Goff.