I almost don't wanna post this, but ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Feldman: Rams should go after Tebow, but not as QB

tim_tebow_122012.jpg

With reports circulating all over the country that Tim Tebow is about to become very much team-less, it certainly raises the question as to what is next for the most talked about mediocre quarterback ever.

Will ANYONE give him a shot to play QB? Anyone?

Remember...when the Broncos were practically giving him away there were only a handful of teams that were interested in the first place. And one of them, clearly the Jets, needed all of a few months to determine he’s not very good.

I can’t fathom someone else is going to try and develop him into an NFL passer. I really can’t.
Therefore, if I’m Rams GM Les Snead and head coach Jeff Fisher, once this season concludes and Tebow is indeed released from the Jets I place a simple phone call.

I phone his agent, Jimmy Sexton, and find out if Tebow’s willing to give up on his quarterback dream. I find out if he’s willing to come to an organization that believes in him. Believes in his athleticism. Believes in his intangibles. Believes in pretty much everything about him except his ability to throw.

If that answer is a no, I’d politely say “good luck” and move on. You lose nothing more than a few minutes of your time and a few minutes on your cell phone bill.

But if that answer is a yes, well, the possibilities are intriguing.

The reason Tim Tebow is such a lightning rod for conversation is because his strengths and his weaknesses border on the extreme. Tebow’s strengths are his athleticism and his intangibles. He’s a very good - but not great - runner. He’s not Michael Vick or Cam Newton. However, his intangibles (i.e. his ability to lead and motivate) are arguably the best this league has ever seen.

On the other hand, there’s a reason no one wants the guy. To play quarterback in the NFL you have to be a passer first. And Tebow’s passing skills are well below average at best...horrendous at worst.

Here’s a guy the Broncos once trusted to throw the ball just eight times in a game. Eight. Versus 55 runs. True story. Check out the box score from the Denver-Kansas City game on November 13, 2011.

I always thought the team that was going to win was one that found a place for Tebow where you could maximize all of his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. That would be as an H-back. Someone who could line up all over the place. Running back, wide receiver, tight end, quarterback, anywhere.

You could use his athleticism and playmaking ability for what they are. You could have him be that motivating factor in the locker room. And you wouldn’t have to rely on him to be your key piece in the passing game.

Would it definitely work? No.

Do I believe it would be worth a chance? Yes.

Unless, of course, Tebow still dreams of playing quarterback. Then he can look elsewhere.

Probably in the CFL.

http://www.kmov.com/sports/Feldman-Rams ... 26041.html

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Keep that sideshow away from this team!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol. I agree. He has no place on the Rams.

It is an interesting point about his ability to play other positions, however. We all know he's not a NFL QB at this point, but he can play TE and HB I'm sure. As much as everyone is down on Tebow, I think he's still one hell of a football player. It's just that he's good at everything and excels at nothing. I'd like to have 22 guys with his heart and determination, that's for DAMN sure. And if some team out there (cough Jax cough) were to install a Florida-type offense and let him run it, it would be SO entertaining.

It would also answer the age-old question. Can a college team beat a NFL team?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's a great athlete.

But, people clamour for Austin Davis when Sam throws a pick. Imagine the circus with Tebow in town.

I think Fisher steers clear for that reason alone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
He's a great athlete.

But, people clamour for Austin Davis when Sam throws a pick. Imagine the circus with Tebow in town.

I think Fisher steers clear for that reason alone.
Absolutely agree. 100%.

He doesn't fit the mold here either.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Was this Feldman guy around when we drafted Eric the Crouch ?

If there is such a thing as institutional memory no one at Rams Park will pay attention to this.

Just the fact that Feldman is even writing about a hypothetical release and pickup is enough indication that Tebow is a distraction we don't need , but it's a commandment of sports journalism,"Thou shall write one Tebow article per month, so sayeth the Lord"

Really I think you can win with Tebow at QB in this league but not big,I'm not a dogma guy, there are several ways you CAN win , but his type of game doesn't play catch up AT ALL and you have to be able to play catch up to get to the big show 90% of the time.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Tebow was a good college quarterback. He is not an NFL caliber QB. So unless he becomes a RB (doubtful) or TE (possible), his playing days in the NFL will soon be a distant memory. There have been many good QBs coming out of college that found out they were average to below-average NFL QBs. I really doubt any CFL team, will give him a chance. Maybe Arena Football would fit his style of play. Personally, I do like the guy and his passion for playing, but not for the RAMS.