Hypothetical situation at 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So let's say the players listed below are off the board when you're up. I'm interested to hear what your first three rounds of picks would be. Also presume no changes in the offseason to your QB room, you have Keenum/Foles/Mannion on the roster. In FA let's say you managed to sign a vet WR not named Jeffery, and brought back one of the CBs as well as Barron.

1. Titans - OT Tunsil.
2. Browns - QB Goff.
3. Chargers - DE Bosa.
4. Cowboys - QB Wentz.
5. Jaguars - CB Ramsey.
6. Ravens - LB Jack.
7. 9ers - WR Treadwell.
8. Dolphins - OT Stanley.
9. Buccaneers - CB Hargreaves.
10. Giants - DE Buckner.
11. Bears - DE Lawson.
12. Saints - LB Lee.
13. Eagles - QB Lynch.
14. Raiders - CB Alexander.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Connor Cook QB Michigan State
2. Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh
2. Shawn Oakman DE Baylor
3. Scooby Wright III LB Arizona
4. Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky or Bryce Williams TE East Carolina

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Connor cook.
Michael Thomas (debate whether or not he gets to round 2)
Will fuller.
I happen to think that cook is a solid qb when his pocket his clean. He does need work though

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
1. Ogbah or Jaylon Smith
2. Boyd
2. Henry
3. Carroo

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If QBS go at 2&4, I'm calling Baltimore to move up. I know I'm cheating.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

People are drafting defense in round 1? It's like y'all have channeled your inner Fisher. Let's ignore the elephant in the room so we can stay mediocre. (n)

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
1. LB Jaylon Smith
2a. WR Boyd
2b. QB Hogan
3. WR P.Cooper (South Carolina)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
giphy.gif

People are drafting defense in round 1? It's like y'all have channeled your inner Fisher. Let's ignore the elephant in the room so we can stay mediocre. (n)
Drafting the #4 QB at 15 just cause we need one wont do us much good. I want us to trade up for one of the top 3(really only like Goff and Wentz right now but would be ok with Lynch at 15), and if we miss out on them then just go BPA. You know I want a QB Jerry, but I wont take a mediocre one that can be good in time(as in 2-3 years) just cause we need one. I dont like Cook much and think he is a 2nd round talent IMO. Rams need to trade up for one of the Big 3 or not draft a QB IMO, but they will probably let the cards fall where they do and hope one of them is still available at 15.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting the #4 QB at 15 just cause we need one wont do us much good. I want us to trade up for one of the top 3(really only like Goff and Wentz right now but would be ok with Lynch at 15), and if we miss out on them then just go BPA. You know I want a QB Jerry, but I wont take a mediocre one just cause we need one. I dont like Cook much and think he is a 2nd round talent IMO. Rams need to trade up for one of the Big 3 or not draft a QB IMO, but they will probably let the cards fall where they do and hope one of them is still available at 15.

Yes, it will. Not only will it do us good, it will get us into the playoffs.

Cook being a 2nd round talent does us no good when he's gone in the first round. Maybe you're okay with another mediocre season. I'm not. If this team is going to win, they need to address the QB position. There are four guys. They need to make sure they get one of the four.

Going "BPA" is a great way to waste another season and misuse all of the assets that Washington gave us.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yes, it will. Not only will it do us good, it will get us into the playoffs.

Cook being a 2nd round talent does us no good when he's gone in the first round. Maybe you're okay with another mediocre season. I'm not. If this team is going to win, they need to address the QB position. There are four guys. They need to make sure they get one of the four.

Going "BPA" is a great way to waste another season and misuse all of the assets that Washington gave us.
I just dont agree Cook is a great QB at this point. I think he could be in a few years. I do not see us making the playoffs with him starting for us in the near future. Maybe by the time the new stadium is built he'll be ready to lead us to the playoffs. Hope I am wrong, not the best when it comes to scouting QB's, just my gut feeling. I don't see Cook leading us to the playoffs in 2016, not in the slightest.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just dont agree Cook is a great QB at this point. I think he could be in a few years. I do not see us making the playoffs with him starting for us in the near future. Maybe by the time the new stadium is built he'll be ready to lead us to the playoffs. Hope I am wrong, not the best when it comes to scouting QB's, just my gut feeling. I don't see Cook leading us to the playoffs in 2016, not in the slightest.

Doesn't have to be a great QB. If our QBs had thrown for 3400 yards, 17-20 TDs, and 13-15 picks this year, odds are that we make the playoffs. It's not going to take much. Just a QB that provides us QB play in the 20-24 range instead of the 30-32 range.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Doesn't have to be a great QB. If our QBs had thrown for 3400 yards, 17-20 TDs, and 13-15 picks this year, odds are that we make the playoffs. It's not going to take much. Just a QB that provides us QB play in the 20-24 range instead of the 30-32 range.
I can agree that that QB could get us to the playoffs, but not beyond the wildcard round. Not in this day and age. I want the QB that can get us to the SB, not just the playoffs. I think Mannion has enough of a chance to put up those stats...maybe. Though making the playoffs would be awesome regardless if we are one and done lol, its been a while.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can agree that that QB could get us to the playoffs, but not beyond the wildcard round. Not in this day and age. I want the QB that can get us to the SB, not just the playoffs. I think Mannion has enough of a chance to put up those stats...maybe. Though making the playoffs would be awesome regardless if we are one and done lol, its been a while.

Let's set our sights on the playoffs first. No, a rookie QB won't get us to the Super Bowl. But in his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year, that can definitely change.

I'm far from sold on Mannion. Didn't like his college tape. Looks a lot like Nick Foles to me.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Let's set our sights on the playoffs first. No, a rookie QB won't get us to the Super Bowl. But in his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year, that can definitely change.

I'm far from sold on Mannion. Didn't like his college tape. Looks a lot like Nick Foles to me.
IDK, I just want Goff or Wentz as a fallback plan. If we took Cook I wouldnt be to upset really, I just want the best, but feel we will end up with no QB. And disagree, I think with the Goff and a good rest of the draft and FA the SB would not be a pipe dream. Wentz yea, would take a few years, Lynch easily too, Cook probably just as long really but not winning as much till that point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK, I just want Goff or Wentz as a fallback plan. If we took Cook I wouldnt be to upset really, I just want the best, but feel we will end up with no QB. And disagree, I think with the Goff and a good rest of the draft and FA the SB would not be a pipe dream. Wentz yea, would take a few years, Lynch easily too, Cook probably just as long really but not winning as much till that point.

Goff is supremely talented...but a rookie QB winning in the playoffs? You'd be asking for a lot. Has a rookie QB won a Super Bowl or ever made it there? I can't think of any. But it's possible there is one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Goff is supremely talented...but a rookie QB winning in the playoffs? You'd be asking for a lot. Has a rookie QB won a Super Bowl or ever made it there? I can't think of any. But it's possible there is one.
No rookie QB has ever the won the SB to my knowledge, many 2nd years have though. I was being a little to pessimistic I guess. SO I guess I will say in year two lol. IDK, I just just really want Goff and think he cant take us there much sooner and keep us going there for many years more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No rookie QB has ever the won the SB to my knowledge, many 2nd years have though. I was being a little to pessimistic I guess. SO I guess I will say in year two lol. IDK, I just just really want Goff and think he cant take us there much sooner and keep us going there for many years more.

I want Goff too. But I don't think Fisher has the balls to make the move.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I want Goff too. But I don't think Fisher has the balls to make the move.
I agree with that. I think if Snead had more control he'd do it, but he is handcuffed to a point. Fucking sucks.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. LB Jaylon Smith
2a. WR Boyd
2b. QB Hogan
3. WR P.Cooper (South Carolina)
you have much faith in smith's recuperating powers i see. thats the earliest i've seen colonel hogan taken ( i like him, just early i think). boyd and cooper fill big needs. if smith can fully recover, he's a badass LB. needs to be todd gurley 2 or that's a big loss. i really wish mannion would have gotten some snaps just so we could see what he is capable of at this point. (he should improve, but how much does he need to improve is the question.)