Hypothetical question here...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
With Tru and Long yet to return to the starting lineup, how much better will they improve our defense, I mean we all thought this defense was going to be elite top ten, top five maybe. Do you think our D becomes a force like we all expected or do they just become solid yet effective, what say you ROD dudes?

Me, i'm gonna go off the deep-end and say they transition into what we expected at the beginning. Good luck stopping Donald and Quinn in your backfield when you gotta worry about CLong too, should be interesting to see.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Tru will definitely help our defense and Long will help our defense tremendously. I can't say enough how much the defense misses him.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I think a combination of both the return of Tru and Long and the D learning this defense in general.We will see a much better defense as the year progresses and they return.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think a combination of both the return of Tru and Long and the D learning this defense in general.We will see a much better defense as the year progresses and they return.
My exact thoughts.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Both should help a lot. Tru obviously brings good coverage, but he's probably our best corner in the run game and that helps the run defense in the perimeter. Long brings the elite pass rushing and savvy vet moves that allow him to make plays, along with solid run defense and added versatility and rotation of having Hayes and Long together. Both should be a huge boost.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kinda what I was wondering is CLong gonna make Ogletree THAT much better?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some of us including yours truly did not realize how important Chris Long is to this defense. They need their captain back!

Apparently Chris Long is like Steve Buscemi, he might not win many awards, but makes everything he's a part of better!

RamzFanz

Damnit
The impact will be measurable but the failure of the D lands squarely at GWs feet. Last game he dialed down the blitzes by half and they recorded sacks. I think it speaks for itself.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think the more the players get to know the defense (especially Ogletree) the better we will be. But yeah, a healthy Long and Tru will help. I don't get the feeling Long is very close though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Without a doubt their help will drastically effect the D for the Better. I just hope they can shake the rust off quickly!!:cautious::D

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Some of us including yours truly did not realize how important Chris Long is to this defense. They need their captain back!

Apparently Chris Long is like Steve Buscemi, he might not win many awards, but makes everything he's a part of better!

But he doesn't tip....

;)