Hypothetical OC Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EasyE

Starter
Give me the Run-n-Shoot with June Jones....that scheme is instant offense...it has never failed to score points anywhere it was tried....the excitement it would bring would be very Hollywood...

bring it back

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My wish List would go, in order:
* Mike Martz
* Norv Turner
* Mike Shannahan
* Or Kyle Shannahan
This is only as OC's, My List for possible HC's is different!

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Give me the Run-n-Shoot with June Jones....that scheme is instant offense...it has never failed to score points anywhere it was tried....the excitement it would bring would be very Hollywood...

bring it back

Except inside the opponent's 10 yard line ;)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Norv Turner

Matt Nagy KC Chiefs

Ken Zampese Bengals

Really hard to tell who might be willing to make a jump to a team the might been seen as still in transition. Does it make sense for a young guy?? Maybe if they are sure Fisher isn't leaving any time soon the talent at QB and RB are hard to match in the NFL with a team that is not already established.

But to play along take a look at these guys I think Nagy might be a good talent and comes with a history of working for as good a coach as there is over the last 2 decades.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
25 points is 25 points, whether its fieldgoal or touchdowns, it doesnt matter

Don't get me wrong. I was a fan of the run and shoot, especially in Houston, but it's biggest flaw in the NFL was the ineffectiveness inside the red zone, particularly inside 10 yards. By the time he got to SMU, Jones addressed a lot of the deficiencies by mingling the offense with spread concepts that were being used all over. Which is funny, because the spread offenses were based on concepts from Mouse Davis.

EasyE

Starter
Don't get me wrong. I was a fan of the run and shoot, especially in Houston, but it's biggest flaw in the NFL was the ineffectiveness inside the red zone, particularly inside 10 yards. By the time he got to SMU, Jones addressed a lot of the deficiencies by mingling the offense with spread concepts that were being used all over. Which is funny, because the spread offenses were based on concepts from Mouse Davis.

i also studied the history of the offense like you...u are correct.... but who cares about red zone efficiency as long as points by end of game are good.. i mean, if the offense results in twice as many trips to red zone, then field goals are great...1 td = 2 fgs kinda....looks at the qb stats of wade wilson or bobby herbert... average qb' s who scored points and yards...could it be worse than our crap?

take care!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that cracks me up with these discussions is people who think a successful college head coach will go to the NFL and take a pay cut to be an OC. If they get fired sure it could happen but winning coaches don't take a step back like that.
Right
No successful head coach is going to take an OC job, its just silly to think so